• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Squirtle and Bulbasaur?

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Who do you think abndoned Squirtle and Bulbasaur? We know who ditched Charizard when he was a Charmander, but who abndoned Ash's other Kanto starters? Myself I believe that perhaps Bulbasaur was released by
Paul who was recently revealed to have traveled through Kanto.
Maybe Squirtle as well, but I doubt that a lot. I belive Squirtle was ditched by a random jerk who Squirtle stole his sunglasses from. Whay do you guys think?

thunderblade12

good idea, its like 1 in a thouusand chance that squirtle or bulbasaur was pauls though. there were plenty of trainers in kanto

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
lol squirtle stole somebodys sunglasse, thats plausible
i think paul could have very well dumped either cause they were weak

Cenzo

Hey, you have to spoiler tag anything about that trainer!

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
well look at paul and chimchar hes almost given up on it, so it is likely that it could have happened to squirtle

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Hm, I dont think they will have that sort of twist. When Pokemon started I dont think they planned out a storyline background for Ash Pokemon. Squirtle and Bulba was a part of showing different things in the Pokemon universe. That people in general could abandon Pokemons. Paul was long from being "born" into the universe back then.

Cenzo

Hm, I dont think they will have that sort of twist. When Pokemon started I dont think they planned out a storyline background for Ash Pokemon. Squirtle and Bulba was a part of showing different things in the Pokemon universe. That people in general could abandon Pokemons. Paul was long from being "born" into the universe back then.

Then again, with one flashback it's done. I doubt this is true, but it would be a cool twist.

Geostomp

I would think that they were abandoned by some random trainers a while before Ash got started.

When Ash met them, both of them had been implied to be doing whatever they were doing for some time at the point, so I don't think Paul (who's been said to have been going for as long as Ash) could have done it.

Pearl's Perap

People just PRESUME they were abandoned, maybe they were just wild or hatched pokémon, ones who had come into close quarters with humans?

I personally think that Squirtle may have been owned, however, Bulbasaur seemed to be a wild one, in my eyes, protecting the pokémon where it lived, even if it was supported by the girl who's name I have forgotten.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Yeah, but alot of this stuff
(Him travelling as long as Ash, going to Kanto, etc.)
gives away plot points that aren't revelaed outside of Japan yet. So Spoilers are still needed.

People just PRESUME they were abandoned, maybe they were just wild or hatched pokémon, ones who had come into close quarters with humans?

I personally think that Squirtle may have been owned, however, Bulbasaur seemed to be a wild one, in my eyes, protecting the pokémon where it lived, even if it was supported by the girl who's name I have forgotten.

...Have you not seen the episodes where Bulbasaur and Squirtle were itnroduced? It was cldearly stated they were abandoned.

Cenzo

^Ash's Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Gold10

Enigmatic Unknown
I bet the writers are going to go againist canon to make Squirtle or Bulbasaur his but that he had abandoned them

Honestly, is any of you remember, Bulbasaur lived in this house in the forest who protected the grass pkmn and lived with some girl brock probably liked like always, and as for squirtle, he was in a group of rebellious squirtles who rebeled stuf, cant remember much, but i highly doubt bulbasaur was abandoned, squirtle maybe. Perhaps when he got dutched, he went crazy and went ot the forces of evil. LOL

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
I think it was just random people. =/

I DO hope that he dumps Chimchar and Ash gets it, then evolves it and pwns Paul with it. =] Then maybe return it to him and show him that he doesnt need to dump every weak POkemon because it can get strong.

eimajamie

Both Bulbasaur and Squirtle were abandoned and Melanie (I think that was her name) took Bulbasaur into her Village and Squirtle joined the Squirtle Squad, he didn't trust humans because he was abandoned by one.

It's a possibility that Paul released them but I don't think they'll include that into the storyline