• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SS Battle Tower Team

Brave Birdy

http://i36.*******.com/b8wtg9.jpg
Dusknoir (Bold/Impish) @Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 144 Sp Def / 108 Speed
-Trick
-Flash
-Memento

-Protect

Trick is used for locking the opponent onto one move. Dusknoir would then follow up with protect, so he doesn't faint when the opponent's locked move is decided. He would then use a combination of spite, his pressure ability, and protect to widdle the opponent's PP down to zero, forcing them into struggle. Finally, Dusknoir would use Memento, and faint, but lower the opponent's stats.

Togekiss.png

Togekiss (Bold) @King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp Atk
-Roost
-Nasty Plot
-Substitute
-Air Slash

Should Togekiss follow Dusknoir in battle, she's got a bold nature and a decent about of defense EVs, raising her resistance to struggle. She can then nasty plot for 4 turns and then roost as the opponent faints due to struggle recoil. Afterward, Togekiss can set up a substitute and Air Slash away. Togekiss is holding King's Rock because when combined with Serene Grace and Air Slash, the opponent has a pretty high chance of flinching.

248.png

Tyranitar (Adamant) @Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Substitute
-Protect

Tyranitar's strategy is pretty similar to Togekiss's, just without the flinching. He basically sets up a substitute, Dragon Dances away, KOs with Crunch, and uses Protect whenever necessary.​

Last edited:

Sy123456789

Im a pro
Here is the the Dusknoir set: By the way you want to keep the lead alive enough to set up, so Wil-o-wisp is a no go as with Wil-o-wisp and Struggle here it is
Wil-o-wisp, lost 12.5% damage
Grudge, lost PP, lost 12.5% damage
Send in Togekiss/Tyranitar, Struggle, 25% off
Substitute, then, 25% of
One Dragon Dance or Nasty Plot, then they are dead

Therefore your pokemon will only get a sub and one boost, which isnt enough, otherwise it will be destroyed by Bright Powder, Quick Claw hax, which has happened to me alot (especially Brightpowder)

Here we go
dusknoir.png

Dusknoir@ Choice Scarf
160 Speed/92 HP/128 Def/128 Sp.Def
Bold/Impish
~Trick
~Spite
~Memento
~Night Shade/???

Trick to be tricky but also to give them something they dont want, Spite is to reduce their PP but you can do something else, Memento, something more wonderful then Wil-o-wisp because you can lower their stats while fainting, then you can set up more easily. The last slot is I really dont know, Night Shade maybe if you want it to atleast have an attacking move, and 50 Damage to low HP sweepers is pretty good.

Also if you want change Protect to Rock Slide on Tyranitar, the extra flinch chance could be good, unless scouting really means something

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Personally, I prefer to use this Dusknoir that I made a while back.
dusknoir.png

Dusknoir @ Choice Scarf
• Impish Nature
• 244 HP / 12 Def / 144 SpDef / 108 Spe
~ Trick
~ Flash
~ Memento
~ Filler

The EVs are all that need explaining, really. 244 HP gives you good initial bulk, but maintains an odd HP which is useful for surviving residual damage. Impish with 12 Def / 140 SpDef gives you 172 / 173 Defences, which are not only very strong but are also designed to force Porygon & Co. to get an Atk Boost from their Download ability rather than SpAtk. Finally, the Spe EVs are there to outrun any Neutral Base 65 while Scarfed. This may seem pointless at first, but it stops Scizor using Swords Dance and sweeping, and stops Tyranitar from getting a Crit from Crunch and KOing before you can Trick. That, and every other Base 65 is dealt with, obviously. You can, however, re-invest the EVs into your Defences if you want to.

Hope it helps.

Brave Birdy

Alright, I think I'm going to go with Sy1234's moveset because spite combined with pressure should do a good job of reducing PP to zero, allowing me to run memento with the moveset, so I'd hopefully be able to lock them into struggle and reduce their stats.

As for EVs, I like TheBlueRabbit's suggestion. I hadn't really though of porygon's download. And the speed EVs do seem pretty necessary, as Tyranitar's stab Crunch would be a problem.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ The thing is that I don't really see why you would want to reduce the opponent's PP to Zero as you will be wanting to use them as Setup Fodder, and having them kill themselves after four or five turns is hardly ideal. As Togekiss and Tyranitar can often come in on resisted hits, then they don't mind not being up against a Struggling opponent so much. However, if you prefer your strategy, then by all means use it. A different take coupld prove very effective, especially since both of your attackers only require short setups.

Sy123456789

Im a pro
Except by reducing the PP to Zero, it is good with OHKO, it is the that stupid Gliscor with Guillotine that many Trick teams fall to.
Dusknoir is a counter to the Guillotine, and it can trick the scarf,
Fissure (as long as it misses first turn), lost 2 PP, Spite reduce 4 PP, Fissure finished PP, then, youve only got 3 turns to set up, thats the bad side. But oh well, at least that annoying Gliscor is taken care of, or any Horn Drill/Guillotine, but I think its Lapras you need to be worried about, most specifically this one

602 | Lapras | Impish | Quick Claw | Sheer Cold | Perish Song | Sing | Confuse Ray | Def/SpD

This will need some dealing with, if its not a lead, as it can Perish Song first then it will switch, as I believe that is when I beilieve it will switch, then you have to switch to avoid it, losing your Stat boosts, which you need for this bulky one, it invest in Max Def and SpDef. And to add to that it has a Quick Claw....and a OHKO move

PS: I dont know crap of how to give EVS, I usually take others advice of how to do them

Brave Birdy

^ The thing is that I don't really see why you would want to reduce the opponent's PP to Zero as you will be wanting to use them as Setup Fodder, and having them kill themselves after four or five turns is hardly ideal. As Togekiss and Tyranitar can often come in on resisted hits, then they don't mind not being up against a Struggling opponent so much. However, if you prefer your strategy, then by all means use it. A different take coupld prove very effective, especially since both of your attackers only require short setups.

Well how many nasty plots and dragon dances would I need to set up? 4 seems like enough, but I don't have much battle tower experience so I wouldn't know. Would flash be able to get more more than 4 or 5 turns to set up? Because it seems with flash I'd be taking chances, which kind of scares me.

Also, I've raised a Togekiss before, and the only thing that concerns me is her speed. With my previous Togekiss, I always had to rely on thunder wave to outrun the opponent, so would it be better to have a Timid nature and re-do the EV spread?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Brave Birdy said:
Well how many nasty plots and dragon dances would I need to set up?

In all honesty, you may just wanna go for +6 every time
if at all possible, that way it leaves less of a chance that
something will survive and KO you.

Brave Birdy

In all honesty, you may just wanna go for +6 every time
if at all possible, that way it leaves less of a chance that
something will survive and KO you.

Okay, so flash would be more useful than the struggle strategy, as it could potentially give me more than the 4 or 5 DDs and NPs that spite/struggle would give.

The Mighty Wurmple

Brave Birdy said:
She can then nasty plot for 4 turns and then roost as the opponent faints due to struggle recoil.

Nasty Plot will only have any effect the first three times, it cannot go past +6.