• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SS Team

Leyniar

Okay so, I already pre-order Pokémon SoulSilver (US) and I want to create a team that helps me go through the game smoothly… At first, I was building a team with EVs, IVs and competitive movesets but I realized that it’s better to begin with low level Pokémon in order to enjoy the story of a Pokémon game. Otherwise, you will get bored quickly. Well, in my opinion… Anyways…

‘Nough said, this is my team…

-----------------------------
(Updated)

260-m.png

Swampert @ Muscle Band
Torrent | Relaxed Nature
~Waterfall
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

134-m.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb | Bold Nature
~Surf
~Wish
~Protect
~Baton Pass

461-f.png

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Pressure | Jolly Nature
~Low Kick
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Swords Dance

350-f.png

Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale | Calm Nature
~Surf
~Recover
~Hypnosis
~Dragon Pulse

471-m.png

Glaceon @ Wise Glasses
Snow Cloak | Timid Nature
~Ice Beam
~Signal Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [Electric] / Wish

121.png

Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure | Timid Nature
~Surf
~Recover
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt

-----------------------------

Suggestions I will appreciate:
-4th attack for Corsola.
-3rd and 4th attack for Glaceon.
-Item for Vaporeon (I was thinking about Leftovers but I don’t want to be too repetitive).
-6th Pokémon, which one should it be?
-Do you think I’m cover against most types?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I'm going to assume the huge Water-type bias is on purpose.

Surf or Earth Power for Corsola. Use HP [Electric] and Wish on Glaceon. Stick with Lefties on Vappy, and change Muddy Water to Surf. I would use Quagsire in the sixth slot:

Quagsire @ Muscle Band
Adamant / Damp
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up / Ice Punch
- Recover

ungulateman

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Milotic @ Leftovers
~Surf
~Recover
~Dragon Pulse
~Hypnosis
The Sleep Inducing Milotic can be a real pain for all sorts of teams. The idea is to come in, spam Hypnosis, Recover if you need to, and then start attacking. A Calm Nature is used to boost Milotic's best stat, SpA, especially since Marvel Scale handles the defensive side of things when it activates. Dragon Pulse > Ice Beam because of the amount of Ice Beam already present in this team.

Corsola @ Leftovers
Natural Cure | Modest Nature
~Recover
~Explosion
~Power Gem
~
Corsola actually has a fair bit of potential with its giant movepool, but I don't know how to use it. Not rating here, sorry.

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~HP[ELECTRIC] / Water Pulse
~Signal Beam
With its tragedy of a movepool, this is the best that I can really do. A Choice Specs set seemed to be the most logical on this team, and I just added in the best of its few viable moves, although they don't work very well together. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball both give fair coverage, so leave them. HP[ELECTRIC] is the preferred choice over Water Pulse for BoltBeam Coverage, but if it is too hard to get, then Water Pulse will have to do. Finally, Signal Beam is to add in that last bit of coverage.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
~Wish
~Ice Beam
~Protect
~Surf
This is a nice durable Vaporeon that can cause the AI some real problems if played well. Wish is a great move because, coupled with Protect, it provides instant recovery and an opportunity to block the opponent. In addition, if you switch, then the Pokémon that comes in will get Wish recovery instead. Surf and Ice Beam are for when you are healthy enough to hit back, and Bold is used to boost Vappy's somewhat low defence.

Starmie @ Life Orb
~Ice Beam
~Recover / Grass Knot
~Surf
~Thunderbolt
This is pretty standard. Ice Beam > Psychic because, although sacrificing STAB, you get much better overall coverage. Surf > Hydro Pump for added accuracy, and Rain Dance gets dropped because it is almost pointless on this set without running Thunder > Thunderbolt and changing the item to Damp Rock, which I feel won't work too well. Finally, the choice of Recover or Grass Knot is yours. I would personally go with GK for that last bit of insurance, but it's your choice.

Suggestions I will appreciate:
-4th attack for Corsola. Nope, sorry.
-3rd and 4th attack for Glaceon. Done.
-Item for Vaporeon (I was thinking about Leftovers but I don’t to be too repetitive). Leftovers is the way to go here, but you could have Lum Berry if you want. Be aware that this item won't come back after use outside of the BF.
-6th Pokémon, which one should it be? Something that isn't a Water-Type, really. This team is far too water-based (I'm assuming this is deliberate). However, you could go with ungulateman's Quagsire or a Swampert.
-Do you think I’m cover against most types? Not really. Monotype except for Glaceon, so Electrics will rip through you.

Thanks.

There you go. Hope it helps.

Leyniar

Yes, the Water-type bias is on purpose :p ... Now, these are the change I made:

Milotic @ Leftovers
~Surf
~Recover
~Dragon Pulse
~Hypnosis

*TheBlueRabbit: I like how this Milotic looks, I never thought about Dragon Pulse. Hypnosis is a little bit risky because of its accuracy but, if it misses and Milotic take damage, I have Recover. Good.

Corsola @ Leftovers
Natural Cure | Modest Nature
~Recover
~Explosion
~Power Gem
~Surf

*ungulateman: I think Surf over Earth Power will suit Corsola better due to STAB.

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Water Pulse
~Signal Beam

*ungulateman: I take your suggestion of HP [Electric] over Wish. I don’t think Wish is for Glaceon as it will be useless to waste a turn when he can take advantage of its Special Attack and diverse movepool.

*TheBlueRabbit: My thoughts exactly. However, I can’t tell you how much I hate Choice items, but… we’ll see how it works out. I think HP [Electric] will definitely be hard to get since I’m no training EVs or IVs.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
~Wish
~Ice Beam
~Protect
~Surf

*TheBlueRabbit: I have doubts with this moveset. I mean, another Pokémon with Ice Beam? Isn’t it too much? Protect & Wish is fine.

Starmie @ Life Orb
~Grass Knot
~Recover
~Surf

~Thunderbolt

*TheBlueRabbit: I see. I take both and drop Ice Beam. Like I said, I think two Pokémon with this attack is enough. Recover stays due to the damage cause by Life Orb. Grass Knot is a good choice against big Pokémon and it adds coverage to Starmie.

Thanks to both.

Next, what I will appreciate:
-6th Pokemon. I think I will take Swampert. However, I have never used it before, can anyone suggest a good moveset? Please.
-Opinion on Vaporeon and Ice Beam. (Is it really a good choice?)
-Should who should I make my lead? (I was think about Corsola because it can learn Stealth Rock).

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Well, I know you have a lot of Ice Beam on this team, but what can I say? They're all Water-Types, pretty much. I suppose you could mess around a bit, but at the end of the day, Water-Types use that move brilliantly. I strongly suggest that you consider dropping Ice Beam on something else and adding it to Starmie because of how well it abuses BoltBeam.

I suggest you use Swampert as your Lead with Stealth Rock, Waterfall, Earthquake, and a filler move. Roar works well for phasing, a tactic that I feel is seriously underrated. Just be warned that a fast Grass user will happily sweep its way through this team. You might want to add a resist for that over Corsola, which is mediocre at best.

Last edited:

Leyniar

Okay... I will add Ice Beam...

Starmie @ Life Orb
~Surf
~Recover
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent | Relaxed Nature
~Roar
~Waterfall
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake

Don't you think that with three Ice Beam Pokemon, the team will be cover against Grass? Especially with Glaceon in it. That is why I choose him. I mean this is my opinion, I’m not an expert. ^^

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Yes and no. While you are covered against Grass with Ice Beam, you have a very slow team barring Starmie. Anything that can hit hard and fast with Grass will cause a lot of damage, and it's the same story with Electric, which you can't actually hit Super Effectively at all (Although Swampert is immune).

I think one of your Ice Beamers should change, but not Starmie. It is too valuable on Starmie. Glaceon needs to keep it, so that leaves Vaporeon to work with. Toxic would be a good choice, IMO.

Leyniar

Hmmm... To be an In-Game Team, I think is good... But you right, it's lacking in speed. I was looking at other Ice Pokémon to replace Corsola (that's my other favorite type), what you think about Weavile or Froslass.

Changes...

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
~Wish
~Toxic
~Protect
~Surf

I found out that it would be difficult for me to get this move. Plus, the only attack here is Surf… I don’t know, I like Vaporeon a lot and I’m looking for an interesting moveset. Not saying that Wish & Protect is bad but I have seen it before.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Well, to be honest, it has the curse of being an Eon. This means that its movepool is horribly shallow, so it can be hard to be original. You can obtain Toxic in the BF, or ask in Serebii's Trade Forums.

I think that Weavile and Froslass are both good choices. However, I would go with Weavile for the extra power. This team is lacking something that can just come in and wreak havoc, so Weavile would fit it well.

Leyniar

I add Weavile...

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent | Relaxed Nature
~Roar
~Waterfall
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
~Surf
~Wish
~Toxic
~Protect

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Pressure | Jolly Nature
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Swords Dance

~

Milotic @ Leftovers
~Surf
~Recover
~Hypnosis
~Dragon Pulse

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Water Pulse
~Signal Beam

Starmie @ Life Orb
~Surf
~Recover
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt

I can't think of another good attack for Weavile. And again, I didn't want to repeat Leftovers, so I give him Expert Belt.

Last edited:

Surfer pikachu

Toorchiic!
Ok with weavile you can use Brick break Aerial ace or Fake out
revenge or counter with a focus shas

Leyniar

Ok with weavile you can use Brick break Aerial ace or Fake out
revenge or counter with a focus shas

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Pressure | Jolly Nature
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Brick Break
~Swords Dance

I think Brick Break suit him better. After Swords Dance, it will do more damage than Aerial Ace. Also, do you think I should give him Focus Sash over Expert Belt?

By the way, Thanks...

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
In-game, use the Expert Belt (or a Muscle Band). Sash is a one-off thing.

Leyniar

In-game, use the Expert Belt (or a Muscle Band). Sash is a one-off thing.

I will stick with Expert Belt since Weavile's role is to come in on Pokémon that may be threats to my Water-type Pokémon, these Pokémon are mostly Grass-type. Thank you for the rate.

------------------

I just updated my first post with the team so far. Can any rate it please, I will appreciate it.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ It's looking good, and I would like to point out that you are one of the few new members who actually work with the raters. Most just post, get a rate, then forget the team and ignore the raters. It's people like you that make me want to keep rating. Well done! :D (Gives cookie)

Anyway, since you have SS, Weavile wants Low Kick > Brick Break. This is because the Fighting move is mainly for Steels and Rocks, which are often very heavy. In most cases, Low Kick will do more damage when you really need it than Brick Break would. On top of that, Brick Break's secondary effect becomes almost redundant given that Screens hardly appear in-game, and it can't hit through Protect.

Last edited:

Leyniar

^ It's looking good, and I would like to point out that you are one of the few new members who actually work with the raters. Most just post, get a rate, then forget the team and ignore the raters. It's people like you that make me want to keep rating. Well done! :D (Gives cookie)

Thanks. I think that everyone can contribute to one's team to make it better and that's what I like. We are not all experts. Plus, it is interesting to see what each rater has to say. Cookies!! :D lol

Anyway, since you have SS, Weavile wants Low Kick > Brick Break. This is because the Fighting move is mainly for Steels and Rocks, which are often very heavy. In most cases, Low Kick will do more damage when you really need it than Brick Break would. On top of that, Brick Break's secondary effect becomes almost redundant given that Screens hardly appear in-game, and it can't hit through Protect.

Hmm... I didn't know what Low Kick could actually do until now. Probably because I have never use it before. Okay, then...

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Pressure | Jolly Nature
~Low Kick
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Swords Dance

------------------------------

Again, I updated my first post. Can anyone rate it please. How does it look so far?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ That's looking better. Low Kick is actually an underestimated attack, IMO. Against a very heavy opponent, it can max at 120 BP, and against most opponents that are fairly heavy, it can still reach a respectable 80 BP. Anything smaller probably won't be Rock or Steel, and so it can generally be dealt with by one of your STABs.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Seeing as you said you don't like Choice items, you could run Fake Tears on Glaceon, although that's more suited to Competitive than ingame. Wish would probably be best over Water Pulse, the fact being that a neutral STAB Ice Beam will always be more powerful than a Super Effective Water Pulse. HP Fire or Fighting could also go over Signal Beam on Glaceon. If you run Fake Tears, don't run Wish, and vice versa.

As for the rest of the team, Swampert would greatly appreciate a mixed set. Ice Beam should replace Stealth Rock (which is useless ingame unless you're trying a ShieldStrike team). Roar can stay, but you might consider some other option.
Where is Corsola? I don't see it on your team.

Well done overall. It's so nice to finally see decent people coming up in IGRMT.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Good point about Glaceon... OP, listen to Eon Master here. He is, after all, the Master of the Eons... xD

The Corsola was in the team before it was swapped out for Weavile.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Good point about Glaceon... OP, listen to Eon Master here. He is, after all, the Master of the Eons... xD

Thank you. Btw, this is getting sigged.

The Corsola was in the team before it was swapped out for Weavile.

*facepalm* Ugh, duh. Thanks for that.