• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SSB 4 3DS/Wii U Competitive Thread!

What kind of tournament do you want to have on the FIRST tourney?

• A full on competitive tourney (no items, final destination etc.)

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • A random brawl mess (with items on and any stages)

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I was thinking we could get 16 contestants, and then we do 4 rounds (with 4 fighters in each obviously). The best 2 (if drawn the one with the most KO's progresses (if still drawn do a 1v1 match)) from each match will progress giving us 8 left. We repeat said process again, but with only 2 fights with 4 in each, and the winning 4 go into the finals. The winner of the last match wins.

I don't really want to restrict things to 16 people just yet, it's better to see how many people are going to be interested before deciding if 16 is good. Either way, we should give everyone freedom on what time they have for the matches, restricting the whole tournament to just be during a few hours on one single day will restrict how many people are available for it. If the idea is to do a tournament weekly, then giving people the whole week to finish the tournament should be fine. Obviously it will be easier to see how things work out as time goes on, but if a tournament is going to be weekly, then we may as well let people have the week in case they get busy and can't do it all at once rather than forcing them to forfeit.

Genos

TTYD
I'll give it a shot

3DS: 4210-4313-9985
Wii U: Donutgreat

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
3DS FC: 3995-6904-4191
NNID: Sparkbeat
GMT: -5

This should be fun, and I'm in support of scheduling matches within a week timeframe because firstly, lots of people are in school, limiting their time even on the weekends for some, and it's pretty easy to organize a time when it's only two people.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
GMT: -5
NNID: Hawkeye721
3ds FC: 4253-3982-7075

Should be fun, hopefully I can hone my skills in time

woot21

super noob
Add me to the list. NNiD: btodaa FC: 2423-2730-4422

As for ideas for tournaments, maybe ones with only characters, items, and stages from a single franchise.

woot21 out dawgs

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm surprised none of you added me sooner seeing as I leave it in my signature... Just message me if we don't do it in here

1048-8163-5480 (can't remember my 3DS name, not that is matters)

EDIT: Wait a minute... NNID? Is that for the Wii U or something?

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I'm surprised none of you added me sooner seeing as I leave it in my signature... Just message me if we don't do it in here

1048-8163-5480 (can't remember my 3DS name, not that is matters)

EDIT: Wait a minute... NNID? Is that for the Wii U or something?

Yes, for when the Wii U version comes out (whenever it does anyway).

I wouldn't have added you in case you said so, just because you might not have wanted to join in.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
GMT + 2, +1 in winter
3ds: 4854-6647-2058

Is competitve sm4sh really different than lvl9 cpu's or not? Sorry for being noob but thats how everybody starts, right?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yes, for when the Wii U version comes out (whenever it does anyway).

I wouldn't have added you in case you said so, just because you might not have wanted to join in.
I don't own the Wii U is all ^^; lol

Also when I said add me... I wasn't directly talking about this thread but the in general

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
Is competitve sm4sh really different than lvl9 cpu's or not? Sorry for being noob but thats how everybody starts, right?
Yes it is. Very much so.

Updating with my timezone of Eastern US. Also, if you add me, PM me please.

woot21 out dawgs

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Count me in, boys.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Yeah... I'll get onto that in a bit.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
FC: 0731 - 6095 - 2202
NNID: (I'll add this later)

Let me know who you are via PM if you add me.

Last edited:

Grey Wind

3DS: 3222-5690-2461
NNID: sitexperience

Pm me if you add me so i can add you back. Oh and I'm gmt +1 (at least until the clocks go back).

Airo

That One Guy
Ah, regarding the poll, why not a third option that balances between the two - specifically, any stage, but no/restricted items? (Assuming it's possible, of course. I haven't looked it up, but are online friend battles restricted to either For Glory or For Fun with no possibility of custom settings, or does that only apply to random matchmaking?)

While Final Destination will always be the epitome of a skill-only based stage, I don't mind other stages, since hazards tend to be a bit predictable, and are actually quite deadly and somewhat skill-based when used as a method of hurting your opponents by leading them into them.

As for items, well, I guess I don't need to explain their luck-based factor, although some items in SSB4 are a bit ridiculous, such as that flag that grants you an extra stock/point, or the auto-KOing Galaga or Beetle.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
You can escape the Beetle and Boss Galaga the same way you escape grabs: mashing buttons. They're not free KOs.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Code: 3153-5700-9793
NNID: GhostAnime