• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SSB 4 3DS/Wii U Competitive Thread!

What kind of tournament do you want to have on the FIRST tourney?

• A full on competitive tourney (no items, final destination etc.)

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • A random brawl mess (with items on and any stages)

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Seeing as this area is pretty much dead since the MK8 Tourney disappeared from the face of the earth, I thought I should make a thread for what is probably going to be an extremely popular game in this section of the forums!

This thread is basically going to entail with tournaments being organised (obviously a few days after the games release), to both have fun and hopefully revitalise this section of the forums!

If you want to participate in the tournaments, just leave your 3DS FC/ Wii U NNID below when a tourney has been organised. These will be added to this, the OP, so it is easy for other competitors to register you.

Airo FC 3265-5255-1401 NNID IceAura
Astral Shadow FC 4854-6765-9833 NNID VorpalShadow
Auraninja FC 2148-8189-4401 NNID Aura-Nin
AuraStorm13 FC 2036-7044-2312 NNID AuraStorm13
BlackwingMarauder FC 3067-5552-6311 NNID TheBlackwing
Dragalge FC 2294-5570-9607 NNID ?
Excitable Boy FC 2981-6182-3406 NNID DoctorWyrm
Gamzee Makara (placeholder) FC ? NNID ?
GhostAnime FC 3153-5700-9793 NNID GhostAnime
hawkeye721 FC 4253-3982-7075 NNID Hawkeye721
Jb FC 1118-0350-6268 NNID Sprinkles_ASAP
Jirachi9 FC 2036-7351-7190 NNID FusionKT
Joltik-Kid FC 1048-8163-5480 NNID ?
Kirby FC 1306-6312-2369 NNID Teal_Kirby
meliekpi FC 1220-6627-2913 NNID Meliekpi
Miror (placeholder) FC ? NNID ?
oarfish FC 2680-9330-2666 NNID Oarfish12
Psynergy FC 0447-5370-2025 NNID ?
Savvao FC 4210-4313-9985 NNID Donutgreat
Sietse23 FC 4854-6647-2058 NNID ?
Sonic Boom FC 0516-8150-0975 NNID SonicBoom93
Sparkbeat FC 3995-6904-4191 NNID Sparkbeat
Taodragon FC 4253-4855-5860 NNID ?
tomatohater FC 0318-6477-1153 NNID XxFaLLeN_FaTeSxX
TheEliteEmpoleon FC 1762-3779-2632 NNID TeeEeeEee
Valoo. FC 3222-5690-2461 NNID sitexperience
woot21 FC 2423-2730-4422 NNID btodaa
Zachmac 4210-4109-6434 NNID AbsolBlade

These competitions will vary from wacky and unique (maybe certain characters and items only), to full-on competitive (no items, fox only, final destination :p). If you have any good ideas, suggest them, as they could well be used at some point.

Seeing as this game is most likely going to be very popular, I think it would be suitable for these tournaments to be held regularly, maybe every week?

The next 3DS tourney will be hosted on: ?th October 2014 @ ? AM/PM GMT

Anyway, lets hope this isn't as short-lived as the MK8 Tourney thread ;D

We are looking for 32 players (NOT including me) with the game to start the tourney, so if you have the game please post saying that you have

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Kirby FC 1306-6312-2369 NNID Teal_Kirby

I'm so excited for this aaaaaaaaaaaaaa. If you add me beforehand just drop me a VM/PM so I know!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Kirby just for you we will do a Kirby character only, Kirby stage only tourney I swear. I would be sooooo up for that! Only catch is that you have to be anyone BUT Kirby or Meta Knight hehehe

Last edited:

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
My 3DS FC is 2036-7044-2312, it's what you'll likely be seeing me on a majority of the time. My NNID is the same as my username, AuraStorm13, but it's unlikely you'll be seeing me on my Wii U most of the time considering that my Wii U's power cables, HDMI port, and Gamepad charger are all kinda busted and I don't have the funds to repair it at the moment, but I decided that I'd throw it out there should people be interested.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Aight aight I'm gonna do this.

3DS FC- 3067-5552-6311

NNID- TheBlackwing (I think I'll have to double check)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I'll start off by saying that with how big of a game Smash Bros. is, one thread for everything is quickly going to run the risk of being crowded with too much going on. This is definitely ideal for the catch-all general thread for arranging games, matches and low-key tournaments, but given how much the community varies on rules they play by, we'll definitely have people who want to a tournament with different rules than whatever is going on in here. That means we'll need new threads for individual tournaments when those crop up (likely for the more serious tournaments) similar to how the tournaments section in the competitive Pokemon forum runs these things, otherwise it'll get too confusing if we try to do it all in here. No need to worry about making new threads for an individual tournament at the moment though, those can come up later when the game is out and this gets going further.

With all that out of the way, I may as well get my FC out there. I don't have a Wii U and may or may not get one in time for Smash Wii U so I won't bother with NNID right now. I'll just add it in when that happens.

FC 0447 - 5370 - 2025

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Everyone who wants to participate, please state a day of the week and time IN GMT which you would be available, so we can select a good time and date which most people can attend. We will try to vary this every time so everyone gets a chance to play.

FusionKT

*cough*
3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190
NNID: FusionKT

Really looking forward to this, if you add me could you please let me know.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
3DS FC: 2680-9330-2666
NNID: oarfish12

I am looking forward to this as well.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Unlike with Mario Kart, it's probably better if we don't relegate tournaments to small periods of time. Since a single match will only ever have 2/3/4 people at a time, it'll be easier to arrange a time within that group for an individual match in the tournament rather than host a whole tournament strictly during a time that's convenient for a lot of people. This way more people can participate even if real life obligations prevent them from being on at the time. Pokemon tournaments do this as well, so while it might drag out the length of a tournament, it would help more people who want to participate do so. In an ideal situation we could get a tournament done quickly, but I think it's better if we don't force it to be that way if people want to participate but can't during that time.

Having a list of time zones would still be useful for arranging times regardless, though. My time is GMT -7.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Unlike with Mario Kart, it's probably better if we don't relegate tournaments to small periods of time. Since a single match will only ever have 2/3/4 people at a time, it'll be easier to arrange a time within that group for an individual match in the tournament rather than host a whole tournament strictly during a time that's convenient for a lot of people. This way more people can participate even if real life obligations prevent them from being on at the time. Pokemon tournaments do this as well, so while it might drag out the length of a tournament, it would help more people who want to participate do so. In an ideal situation we could get a tournament done quickly, but I think it's better if we don't force it to be that way if people want to participate but can't during that time.

Having a list of time zones would still be useful for arranging times regardless, though. My time is GMT -7.

I was thinking we could get 16 contestants, and then we do 4 rounds (with 4 fighters in each obviously). The best 2 (if drawn the one with the most KO's progresses (if still drawn do a 1v1 match)) from each match will progress giving us 8 left. We repeat said process again, but with only 2 fights with 4 in each, and the winning 4 go into the finals. The winner of the last match wins.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm away from my Wii U at the moment, so I can't get my NNID right now, but I do have my 3DS Friend code on hand: 4253-4855-5860.

I'm looking forward to playing in this.

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Oh Lordy, I've always been bad with time zones. But assuming I understand everything correctly, due to me being in Mountain Time, notably not Mountain Standard Time, it should result in GMT-6, though if I'm incorrect on this please feel free to correct me, as It's very likely that I could've botched this up somewhere due to how bad I am with time zones.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
DoctorWyrm
2981 6182 3406

I'm on EST, weekends and afternoons are probably my best bet, but my schedule is pretty janky

Airo

That One Guy
FC 3265-5255-1401
NNID IceAura
Time GMT-4

I don't really get out much so...Yeah, I've been needing something like this.

Usually available on Friday afternoons-midnight, most of Saturday(sometimes busy in the middle of the day in noon-afternoon range), and occasionally Sunday(in the event I don't procrastinate on homework).

I guess I might be available on the weekdays afternoons, but only if I don't get that much homework, so those days aren't too reliable.