• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SSB The Search for the Gem Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Sign Up thread]
[RP Thread]
[Approved by Razor Leaf]

Welcome to Smash World. In this world, trophies can be brought to life, creating a fully living, fully breathing creature. The creatures of this world all may look different, but their goals are the same- their aim is to win battles against eachother.

However, whenever crisis arises, the creatures of Smash World form together as one big group to try and stop the crisis. Once in the past, dark black holes, created by bombs, were set off all over the smash world, sending everything within a certain radius into subspace. Many creatures joined together and stopped the perpetrator of this, Taboo. Even crooks such as Bowser, Ganondorf and Wario helped.

That was all several years ago. Creatures don't get old in Smash World. The Subspace Emissaries have been mostly forgotten, only there deep within the minds of the warriors who fought in the crisis. Today, the battles continue. There is set to be a massive tournament soon, promising to be the largest in all the history of Smash World. Everybody wants in on the action, to be the champion of Smash World.

That is where you come in. You are one of these fighters.

• Follow The Serebii Forums Rules.
  • No meaningless chit-chat. Discussion of the RP Only. Only post her to ask about the RP. Sign Ups questions go in the Sign Up thread. Talk about the plot and your characters [as long as it's relevant to the RP]. So for instance, I will probably pot something along the lines of "My next post will include a drastic plot turn that will see everyone suddenly get teleported somewhere else". Basically that means you need to prepare for that.
    Alternatively, you could be interacting with a specific person's character in the RP. Bunnying will only be simple general actions like "The group followed Mario...". It will be done by me and me only. The rest of you are forbidden bunnying. However, a collab post is Ok. To create a Collab post, you'll need to Instant message eachother or post it in a post in this thread (editing your post with the latest quote each time).
  • Be respectful.
  • Use decent vocabulary. I don't want to see too many spelling mistakes, and I certainly don't want to see any grammatical errors.
  • I am the only one allowed to move the plot in a drastic direction. You may control your own destiny to an extent, such as describing how you beat your opponent in the tournament, or describing a little side journey your character took. But big plot moves are my area.
  • All Characters are able to talk.

The Battlers:
Proby3- Pkm Trainer Zack [Dewott/Combusken/Tropius]
Proby3- Miles "Tails" Prower.
Mon1010- Kirby
Enel- Ganondorf Dragmire
@Migo - King Dedede.
FireTypeLover- Marx Soul
FireTheAbsolLord- Starfy
CyberBlastoise- Regulus/Bulzeeb
Jehan14- Paper Mario [PM characters as Cheerleaders]
Assassin9399- Wario [Partner Waluigi]
Assassin0300- Bowser [Partner Bowser Jr]
CyberBlastoise- Silver the Blastoise
Fireflies- Zelda/Sheik

Have fun, guys, and try to stay active!

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Okay, I've posted Wario's part, but I'm wondering 3 things:
1 Am I allowed to let Wario and Mario battle? Wario will lose though
2 I hope my post didn't count as flaming with "go kiss bowsers ***", but that's just how Wario acts like in my opinion, and I don't want to alter his character (too much).
3 Is making a relationship between Rosalina and Wario possible?

I'll post Bowsers part soon, but I need to work him out a bit better, I don't have a real idea of what he's doing at that time.

Last edited:

Jehan14

Right behind you...
I don't get the whole battling thing. If there isn't a person doing that character, can we battle them, or ask to battle an actual person. How would we describe a fight?

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
I think you should do it how you want to do it, you can do it from your character's vieuw, like thinking what the next move of him will be, pure the commentator, who is telling what he sees, or just neutral, like you're the camera.

But I'd like to know if you have anything in your mind Proby, before I write Wario's next part

Okay, I've posted Wario's part, but I'm wondering 3 things:
1 Am I allowed to let Wario and Mario battle? Wario will lose though
2 I hope my post didn't count as flaming with "go kiss bowsers ***", but that's just how Wario acts like in my opinion, and I don't want to alter his character (too much).
3 Is making a relationship between Rosalina and Wario possible?
1. Yeah, go ahead. I'm in charge of NPCs, but anyone can use them if they want, as long as they get permission form me and don't make the character act like they wouldn't in real life.
2. Nah, that's fine. A Little Mild cursing it OK in this RP, just make sure you use it sparingly, and keep it mild.
3. Only if you can fully justify the attraction starting, and the romance blossoming. Rosalina's kind a a good person, she's portrayed as beautiful... somehow I can't see her falling for an ugly, a short, fat guy like Wario.

Jehan- It's sort of live action battling. So basically this won't be happening.
Mario's turn. Mario uses super jump punch!
DK's turn. DK uses hand slap!
A Smash ball appeared! Mario punches it. It doesn't open. DK tries to open it. It works.
DK uses his Final Smash and defeats Mario.

Mario faced his opponent, Donkey Kong. He charged at the big ape, and right at the last second, sprung upwards, using his Super Jump Punch move, hitting Donkey Kong on the chin and propelling himself and the big ape upwards.
But Donkey Kong was unfazed by this, and as soon as the pair landed, he started using his Hand Slap and started pounding the ground with his powerful hands, sending shock-waves that propelled Mario upwards.
Mario was about the retaliate when Alder teleported in throwing up a multicoloured ball that shone. It seemed to have a life of its own as is started to move around the arena slowly.
Mario and Donkey Kong looked at eachother, then at the smash ball. They both leapt into actions straight away. Mario was first to the ball, using his Super Jump Punch again. He hit the ball repeatedly with his fists, but it wouldn't work.
Donkey Kong was there soon after. He punched the ball powerfully, and, to his surprise, the strength was just enough. The ball cracked open and a multicoloured orb floated towards the ape's body, covering him in a multicoloured glow. Donkey Kong smiled, finding his newfound power. He whipped out his drums and started to play his favourite song. The sound-waves were extremely powerful and pounded into Mario. The red capped plumber had no chance. He was blown away before he could retaliate.

In terms of battling, if it's an NPC, you can choose the outcome of the battle and everything involved in the battle. But bear in mind that these battlers are strong, so don't make it ridiculously easy. Make it a proper battle, and a challenge.

If you're battling a PC, you need to do the battle over PM. In this sense there will sort of be a turn by turn process. Basically, in these PMs, you will describe the attacks your character does, or simply their actions, like:
"Link slashed his sword down at Snake"
Then the other person will PM back, saying something like:
"Snaked expertly dodged the sword and sent a shot at Link that slammed into the elf's body"
This is perfectly allowed. Both are good. You can control what happens to your attacks and whether they hit or not, but not what the opponent does. so you couldn't say:
"The shot hit Link and he flew backwards, gritting his teeth and howling in pain" (This is from the guy being Snake's point of view).

Hope it helped, don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Oh, and I will be starting the tournament in my next post. I'd like you to not to post until I do. Oh, and I am also saying this in the sign up thread, but in a last ditch effort to get more characters involved, I'm allowing you more characters. Three total now.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
1. Yeah, go ahead. I'm in charge of NPCs, but anyone can use them if they want, as long as they get permission form me and don't make the character act like they wouldn't in real life.
2. Nah, that's fine. A Little Mild cursing it OK in this RP, just make sure you use it sparingly, and keep it mild.
3. Only if you can fully justify the attraction starting, and the romance blossoming. Rosalina's kind a a good person, she's portrayed as beautiful... somehow I can't see her falling for an ugly, a short, fat guy like Wario.

Oh, and I will be starting the tournament in my next post. I'd like you to not to post until I do. Oh, and I am also saying this in the sign up thread, but in a last ditch effort to get more characters involved, I'm allowing you more characters. Three total now.

About Rosalina, she is beautiful indeed, but you forget one thing about her. She's very kind and matured, and she'll be looking for the good part of every person. Therefore, I think it's possible to make Wario fall for her. From there, he can try to win her heart. And Wario's inside can be beautiful, right? Also, what do you have against short people? :p

I'll try to make another character, but if it's crap it's because of my headache (A)

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Except that Wario is a greed-driven man and shows no sign of inner beauty. Besides Wario x Captain Syrup FTW!

@jehan - wow, is Paper Mario so apathetic that he's willing to let two people (sort of) defend his cottage while he goes to a stadium?

@FTL and Mon - should we continue our unofficial battle via PM or not?

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Uhm, how are we going to do this when the two people are in total different time zones? are we just going to decide who wins, then one person writes down the battle and then the other says if he/she likes it and what needs to be changed?

EDIT: Posted Link's part. Maybe it's an idea to let Heroes News return? so that all people can let their characters been invited if they want. So you can reflect with your character about what happened.

Also, I let go of the idea Rosalina x Wario :3

Last edited:

Fireflies

Aura Master
Quick question, sorry but where should I start out with Zelda? I'm just a bit confused b/c it seems really out of place with some of the posts sometimes..
I was just hoping if you could, help me get my bearings before I start posting and then end up doing something stupid. Thanks!

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
I would suggest a royal barracks of some sort. Perhaps something that resembles Hylian culture, history, and integrity. Or you could have Zelda eating a hotdog in the stadium. :3

Fireflies

Aura Master
Should she be fighting in a tournament or looking for something specific?

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Should she be fighting in a tournament or looking for something specific?

no, you can give her for example a problem, like Proby did with Tails, or you can take her into something weird, like eating a hot dog. Remember that it's mixed. I mean, there aren't any tv news shows in Hyrule I thought :S

Darned time limits. Didn't get this done in time Yesterday because of 'em.

So anyway... on your question about how we choose the winner, here's the idea. It's one I had yesterday whilst thinking of a response to your question, so I do appreciate it contradicts the previous post.

New system works as follows:
-If you are a Player Character up against an NPC, you will always win. Note, this is tournament only. Without revealing too much, there will be NPCs in the story after the Tournament happens that will be tough and you will actually have to show you can defeat using RP skill.
-If you are up against a Player Character, however, this is how it works:
-I am Tails. I Am Up against Assassin's Wario [Example, not reality]. So, between us, we choose between Heads or Tails. One for each side.
-Then, and Independent party [Will be me for any fights that don't involve my players] does a coin toss. This may be in real life, it may be using Random.Org's coin toss.
-They post the result here, or on the Xat chat I am making for this RP [Provided both people are online. Whatever the result is, whoever got that side wins.
-Then, either over Xat or via PM, or another way like VMs or a different IM, you play pout the battle. Knowing what the outcome will be will make it easier for you to create deliberate holes in your character's defence that will allow the opponent to win.

Everyone happy!

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Okay, but what about for fights in which more than two characters are involved, like the unofficial one going between Silver, Kirby, and Marx?

Status
Not open for further replies.