• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SSBB Loading Help?

V4LOVER

chirp
My copy of Brawl has worked for a year or two, and only now has this happened.

I load up the disc into my Wii, and Brawl starts just fine. But when I go to actually start a Brawl, it says "The Game Disc could not be read." and even if I take out the disc and put it back in, it continues to say that. This happens to my copy of Melee sometimes, but I blow on it and reinsert it. It proceeds to work normally. Brawl isn't working that way.

So how can I fix it so Brawl will work again?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Did you get your Wii when it first came out? SSBB was the first double-layered Wii game and allot of the first Wii's had problems playing them. I know that Nintendo had an option for a free replacment Wii a while back. I don't know if they still offer that though.

Frank The Bunny

He's just trying to help, no need to be a jackass about it

Anyway, yes Brawl is a dual layered game so the Wii lens may have some problems reading it if even a bit of dust is on it. You can try a lens cleaner, the one designed for the Wii is your safest bet.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Lens-Clea..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283302799&sr=8-1

By the way, my Wii is one of the "older" Wiis and it's had no problem reading brawl at all and I've played the **** out of that game, in fact most of the Wii owners I know own the "older" Wiis and haven't had any problems. It's a hit or miss when it comes to older Wiis and brawl. On top of that, both newer AND older Wiis can read brawl just fine for a year and then randomly stop reading it as demonstrated by this blog. So you're pretty much wrong all around, Penguin. :)

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
On top of that, both newer AND older Wiis can read brawl just fine for a year and then randomly stop reading it as demonstrated by this blog. So you're pretty much wrong all around, Penguin. :)

This. My post and question still stands.

V4LOVER

chirp
SoW, no, I got my Wii about two years ago for Christmas, and I had got it long after My Pokemon Ranch was put on the Wii Shop Channel.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
SoW, no, I got my Wii about two years ago for Christmas, and I had got it long after My Pokemon Ranch was put on the Wii Shop Channel.

Then I don't think that I can help you with this. Have you tried phoning Nintendo and asking them?