• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

STABmons Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
It definitely looks interesting.........it might even make Regigigas a viable mon (especially since it gets Shell Smash).

Sawbuck looks like a really interesting pokemon too. It gets Spore (with base 100 speed and Chlorophyll!) Shell Smash, and even Baton Pass, making Smashpass much more Dangerous.

If only Skill Swap was a normal type move..........

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
This tier definitely needs a latter, so I can test out all of the new toys things get, but overall it's probably the most revolutionizing Meta Games next to Tier Shift. While Tier Shift messes around with Base Stats (Making Scolipede and Stoutland monsters, and the same with Gorebyss and Jynx), STABmons use of giving Pokemon new moves is absol-utely amazing. Kyurem-B is actually worth of the Ubers title again with Icicle Crash + Dragon Dance, making it perhaps the most feared Set up Sweeper in the game, well next to Sawsbuck. In this Meta, Sawsbuck is the winner of the lottery, with Belly Drum and Spore, it can easily destroy teams in an instant, and some games will just boil down in trying to kill the other team's Sawsbuck. Things like Castform are even viable, with Shell Smash + Weather Ball Castform becomes one of the best Weather Sweepers. Heck, the Latis are loving Psystrike as a new play toy, and Jirachi becomes even more annoying with Luster Purge. Sableye is better then ever by being able to abuse Dark Void or Wisp, and Destiny Bond as well. Also, there is Golurk with No Guard Fissures... (And Thundy-T get's to abuse STAB Hurricane + Thunder)

EDIT: And now we have Belly Drum Azumarill

So highlighting some of the threats I can think of, what does everyone think the main threats will be? Also about how some Pokemon are getting access to prevo-type moves that is of a different type (Like Belly Drum Azumarill?)

AnakBaé

Just want to share one of the sets that I made. It was fun to use :]

217.png

Ursaring (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 110 HP / 252 Atk / 150 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Extremespeed
- Crunch/Fire Punch
- Swords Dance/Close Combat/Fire Punch

A late game sweeper. Thanks to Burn, this thing doesn't have to worry about being put to sleep by common sleep inducers.
STAB Guts boosted Fake Out + Extremespeed = Guaranteed Kill.

Godzilla!

King of the Monsters
Two of my favorite sets atm:

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Mach Punch

646-black.gif

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Icicle Crash / Ice Shard
- Sleep Talk / Dragon Claw / Ice Shard

This two are probably the most powerful Choice Banded Pokemon in STABmons. Since Terrakion gets Mach Punch it now becomes a Revenge Killer and other Terrakion aren't such a problem anymore. In STABmons, Kyurem-B becomes a major threat to its Checks / Counters. Landorus-T can't come in on the Switch since it has Icicle Crash / Ice Shard and is easily 2HKO by Outrage. With Gliscor it is just the same. Ice Shard makes Kyurem-B a revenge killer and a threat to Dragons and with Teravolt Dragonite won't be living anything Kyurem-B throws at it besides Fusion Bolt. Sleep Talk is really viable in STABmons as more that 80% of the games you play with have some sort of Sleep Inducer. So Kyurem-B can take it and surprise the enemy with a Powerful Outrage / Fusion Bolt / Icicle Crash with it is asleep.

EDIT: And now we have Belly Drum Azumarill

1. Azumarill already has Belly Drum

2. If it doesn't then it wouldn't get it because it is not a Water-type / Normal-type

3. It wouldn't really be a threat imo

Liltwick

1. Azumarill already has Belly Drum

2. If it doesn't then it wouldn't get it because it is not a Water-type / Normal-type

3. It wouldn't really be a threat imo

1) I meant Shell Smash

2) They'vre testing Prevo moves now (So Azumarill will get access to it)

3) Well, Shell Smash variant would most likely be a threat

The moves must be on that mon as such azumeril cannot use non learned moves which are normal type from its pre evo

Godzilla!

King of the Monsters
The moves must be on that mon as such azumeril cannot use non learned moves which are normal type from its pre evo

Couldn't of put that statement any better myself

1) I meant Shell Smash

2) They'vre testing Prevo moves now (So Azumarill will get access to it)

3) Well, Shell Smash variant would most likely be a threat

1. Shell Smash (SS) would make it less threatening if anything as it would be vulnerable to faster priority moves like ExtremeSpeed

2. I don't they would do that because it would go against all the rules of STABmons plus would make the tier unbalanced

3. There was a reason Belly Drum was never used on Azumarill so I doubt SS would really be any better and there are waay better Pokes that can abuse SS better too

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I've been wondering if such a set would work:

596.gif

Gavantula @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Tail Glow
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz / Giga Drain

I wonder if such a set would work. Sleep Powder gets buffed up to 97% accuracy, which is pretty much a must hit. Put pokes to sleep. Set up Tail Glow, and proceed to **** everyone. Unlike Sawsbuck, this set doesn't get walled by Heatran. Bug Buzz or Giga Drain is what I'm deciding on the lst slot. Giga Drain disposes ground types, while Bug Buzz gives STAB.

Another one I thought up of...

528.gif

Swoobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Bold Nature
- Heart Swap
- Toxic
- Psycho Boost
- Aeroblast

And finally haxor lv 5

468.gif

Togekiss @ Scope Lens
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Aeroblast
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

Set up Nasty Plot. Then proceed with a 50% crit chance Aeroblast. Sleep Talk is mainly filler, to get past spore, Aura Sphere break steels.

I've only learnt about this yesterday, and I would liek to see if they're usable. This is still theorymon-ning though.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Gavantula @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Tail Glow
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz / Giga Drain

Sleep powder is a grass type move......

Anyway, would Shuckle be a viable pokemon? It gets a reliable recovery move in Heal order.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
New king of Sun teams.
136.gif

Flareon @ Expert Belt
Adamant - Flash Fire
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
-V-Create
-Superpower
-Substitute
-Morning Sun (can't remember if it's Fire or Normal, if it's Normal just go with... Something.)

Press V-Create. Something dies. Really, the other moves don't even matter, it's all about V-Create, and Superpower for dem Heatrans.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
642-therian.gif

Thundurus-T@ Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 Sp Att 252 Speed 4 HP
ThunderBolt
Hurricane
Grass Knot
Focus Blast

With this new interesting metagame, I have been wondering how viable Hurricane Thundurus-T would be, any comments?

Run Thunder in the Rain, would be very interesting to see...

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Speaking of which, does anyone know how I can format a STABmons team on showdown? Do I have to do it via export or something?

And.... There goes my sh!tty as hell Galvantula set because there's no bug type sleep inducing move. ****

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Speaking of which, does anyone know how I can format a STABmons team on showdown? Do I have to do it via export or something?

And.... There goes my sh!tty as hell Galvantula set because there's no bug type sleep inducing move. ****

You have to find someone with a team, since there's no ladder for it. The format is Custom Game, but all the clauses of OU still apply so both players need to remember and play by them. Probably the best place to find people who play this is the CC or TBC xat, or just vm people who are posting in this thread.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Scizor and Skarmory are pretty threatening with Shift Gear and Gear Grind. They both check Sawsbuck after sleep fodder or can just set up when they wake up. Skarm has Brave Bird + Gear Shift and the bulk to set up multiple boosts and Scizor just has the power to rip through teams. It can OHKO Thunderus with ONE boost.

Liltwick

Now I present you the king of Special Bug-types

469.gif

Yanmega @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Protect
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash/Hurricane

This set should be really simple, honestly. Set up against something that can't hit you with Tail Glow, and then Protect to gain Speed Boosts against Scarf Users like Terrakion, and then just decimate with Bug Buzz/Air Slash, but Skarmory and Heatran hard Wall this set.

469.gif

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Trait: Tinted Lens
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash/Hurricane

Alright, this set is where it's at. Tinted Lens is the only reason why you should use Yanmega as a Quiver Dancer over Galvantula or Volcarona. In the rain, Yanmega's STAB hurricane is actually the best after a Quiver Dance Boost, and can hit Skarmory and Heatran, two things it can't really hit with it's Tail Glow Set. Bug Buzz is great for countering Darks, Psychics, and Steels when not in the rain, but loses a good way to deal with Heatran and Skamory. Giga Drain is useful for coverage against things like CM Water Spout Keldeo and so on.

Anyways if STABmons had an OU list, I can definently see some Pokemon from regular OU drop and some Pokemon not in OU rise.

Also, how would STABmons fair in Ubers?

Status
Not open for further replies.