• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

STABmons Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Run Thunder in the Rain, would be very interesting to see...

Ah yes the raw power it comes with too!

Speaking of which I have a couple of more sets here:

212.gif

Scizor@ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Technician
Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Shift Gear
Gear Grind
U-turn/Bug Bite
Superpower

Even at +1 Scizor is still a huge threat and with +2 with Speed, it is able to U-Turn more effectively to scout itself out of danger while outrunning Heatran and other pokes. Superpower helps out taking care of the Fire/Steel beast as well. The rest is explanatory.

142.gif

Garchomp@ Life Orb/Choice Band
Rock Head
Adamant/Jolly/
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Brave Bird
Head Smash
Earthquake
Taunt

Cuz who doesn't love being unhurt?

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Ah yes the raw power it comes with too!

Speaking of which I have a couple of more sets here:

212.gif

Scizor@ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Technician
Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Shift Gear
Gear Grind
U-turn/Bug Bite
Superpower

Even at +1 Scizor is still a huge threat and with +2 with Speed, it is able to U-Turn more effectively to scout itself out of danger while outrunning Heatran and other pokes. Superpower helps out taking care of the Fire/Steel beast as well. The rest is explanatory.

142.gif

Garchomp@ Life Orb/Choice Band
Rock Head
Adamant/Jolly/
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Brave Bird
Head Smash
Earthquake
Taunt

Cuz who doesn't love being unhurt?

Megahorn > other bug moves on scizor.

Also, I've used Aerodactyl before and might base a team around him, he can safely KO a majority of pokemon, and others once some damage is done.

ger9119

I been playing STABmons heavy since i learned about the tier.

One of my favorite sets i made was
227_2.png

Adamant
4 hp/252 attack/252 speed
Sturdy
Life Orb
Shift Gear/Brave Bird/ Meteor Mash or Iron Head/Roost

Connor™

Showstopper
I can't help but feel the now extremely liberal distribution of Spore in this meta will have to be somewhat curbed. From what I have heard/can see, the distribution of the move is massively centralising in that Sap Sipper is now becoming a major staple of teams, and the mechanics of sleep in this gen essentially mean a sleeping Pokemon is a dead Pokemon.

Building on the distribution of Spore, it seems like Grass types have been one of the most major beneficiaries of this meta purely for the gift that is Spore. Virizion will be able to force a lot more set up opportunities, and it reinvents the usefulness of the Bulky Grass role. Pokemon like Celebi with Spore will be interesting, and the usefulness Sawsbuck is finding in this meta has already been mentioned.

Oh, and since it hasn't yet been touched on, the more liberal distribution of Psystrike now makes Pokemon like Alakazam and Latios even more scary.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I can't help but feel the now extremely liberal distribution of Spore in this meta will have to be somewhat curbed. From what I have heard/can see, the distribution of the move is massively centralising in that Sap Sipper is now becoming a major staple of teams, and the mechanics of sleep in this gen essentially mean a sleeping Pokemon is a dead Pokemon.

Building on the distribution of Spore, it seems like Grass types have been one of the most major beneficiaries of this meta purely for the gift that is Spore. Virizion will be able to force a lot more set up opportunities, and it reinvents the usefulness of the Bulky Grass role. Pokemon like Celebi with Spore will be interesting, and the usefulness Sawsbuck is finding in this meta has already been mentioned.

Oh, and since it hasn't yet been touched on, the more liberal distribution of Psystrike now makes Pokemon like Alakazam and Latios even more scary.

Spore wise, instead of sap sipper, I just run sleep talk on a poke. Like, my latios set is

381.gif
@Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
Timid
~Spacial Rend
~Psystrike
~Hidden Power [Fire]
~Sleep Talk

If I predict a dark void or spore, I just switch in Latios and use Sleep Talk.

Connor™

Showstopper
But then you're being forced to run a set which is competitively less viable to counterparts because of specific overcentralising elements of the metagame, not to mention a set which explicitly relies on luck of the draw with Sleep Talk.

ger9119

But then you're being forced to run a set which is competitively less viable to counterparts because of specific overcentralising elements of the metagame, not to mention a set which explicitly relies on luck of the draw with Sleep Talk.

I agree with this statement, but i also see Aeon's side of it. I do feel forced to run sleep talk on some pokemon (mainly choice pokes) but its needed to deal with the current metagame. I think there needs to be restrictions of how many sleep abusers you could have on a team. I've face people with three or four sleep inducers on a team so even if you manage to wake up you will get put back to sleep.

McDanger

I dont know why no one has posted this yet but

landorus@life orb
modest
sheer force
4hp/252sp attack/252 speed
-rock polish
-earth power
-focus blast
-hurricane

Obviosly needs rain support, but it would be worth it as hurricane gets a the sheer force boost, bringing its base power up to 240 without the LO boost, almost as strong as 4x hp ice, plus lets him beat celebi his main check

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I agree with this statement, but i also see Aeon's side of it. I do feel forced to run sleep talk on some pokemon (mainly choice pokes) but its needed to deal with the current metagame. I think there needs to be restrictions of how many sleep abusers you could have on a team. I've face people with three or four sleep inducers on a team so even if you manage to wake up you will get put back to sleep.

In my opinion, more than two sleep inducers is almost pointless because of sleep clause. Since sleep clause isn't officially implemented in the matches, you have to keep track of them yourselves. I've lost mini stabmon tours because I broke sleep clause by accident. So by running sleep talk over sap sipper, I can still have a pokemon asleep that can be used, while they have the opportunity to break sleep clause.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!

landorus@life orb
modest
sheer force
-rock polish
-earth power
-focus blast
-hurricane

Obviosly needs rain support, but it would be worth it as hurricane gets a the sheer force boost, bringing its base power up to 240 without the LO boost, almost as strong as 4x hp ice, plus lets him beat celebi his main check

I prefer Aeroblast or the Choice Scarf set with U-turn > RP, since the first one doesn't force you to use Politoed, who is has really become such a waste of a slot. At least Tales can burn the other guy's physical attackers, and Blue Flare is much more reliable than Water Spout.

ger9119

In my opinion, more than two sleep inducers is almost pointless because of sleep clause. Since sleep clause isn't officially implemented in the matches, you have to keep track of them yourselves. I've lost mini stabmon tours because I broke sleep clause by accident. So by running sleep talk over sap sipper, I can still have a pokemon asleep that can be used, while they have the opportunity to break sleep clause.

Same i've lost a handful of matches by forgetting that i had a pokemon too sleep, i agree it could be pointless but it could be useful especially since the most common user of sleep in the tier is Sableye which is frail. Sleep Talk is going to become much more standard especially when its come to Choice Users that most likely will have 2 power stab moves and a good coverage move and will be able to come in absorb a dark void or spore and still be able to smash stuff.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate

landorus@life orb
modest
sheer force
-rock polish
-earth power
-focus blast
-hurricane

I've seen that paired with an Espeon to reflect sleep, very effective.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Fire Punch/Body Slam/Thunderpunch
this set is extremely annoying

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp
Trapper Ninetails; deals with all the other weather starters nicely

EeveeGeneral

Lately I've been running up against a lot of stall. Poison Heal Gliscor, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Bulky Gyarados, and Jellicent are pretty good at checking some major threats like Sawsbuck, Keldeo, and Kyurem-B. They all have recovery (Poison Heal+Protect/Roost, Leech Seed/Synthesis, Heal Order, Roost, and Recover respectively) and the first three can set up hazards galore.

Of course there's also Chansey or Blissey, who can function as their usual selves--plus some new tricks like Baton Pass, Sweet Kiss, RoarWind--and Transform (similar to Balanced Hackmons) to turn the opponent's Pokemon against them.

I also played around with Prankster Mirror Move Tornadus and got an interesting result in this battle: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/joimslab-customgame-5917
Turn 19 copies the last move Tornadus used (Aeroblast) instead of the last move targeted against Tornadus (Psystrike), which is what I thought it does. Any ideas?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Here's a take on an old friend of mine, Flame Charge Heatran.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest - Flash Fire
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
31/30/30/31/31/31
-Fiery Dance
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Automatize

So basically what we've got here is the basic Flame Charge Heatran, that now packs Automatize, meaning he can afford to run Modest and still outpace just about everything after one boost. Fiery Dance is my STAB of choice because I'd keep him in the Sun, and Heatran with a Sp. Atk boost is terrifying. Earth Power and Hidden Power (Ice) are just there for filler.

Also there's this.

469.gif

Yanmega @ Focus Sash
Timid - Speed Boost
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Tail Glow
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-Air Slash

Fire off a Tail Glow, then kick the **** out of everything. One last thing, Volbeat (LOL yes Volbeat) is a surprisingly good Quiver Dance passer with Prankster SubEncore and priority Quiver Dance.

Mr155555

you could run aeroblast instead of air slash or hurricane if you're running a rain team otherwise yanmega's moveset is great

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I've been experimenting with a couple of my favorite pokes so far in this crazy tier, I say its nuts and AWESOME!

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Psycho Cut
- Drain Punch

Crazy set I'll tell you. So what are my ways on making my favorite legendary as Versatile as possible? Well, here are my takes. Iron head for the flinches (Heatran somehow dies from that one move when paralysis is applied or not). Psycho cut for another stab with a higher chance for crits and ills (like Mortred's Coup de Grace from Defense of the Ancients). Drain Punch for recovery. Just watch out for Pranksters that is...

Flareon (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Sacred Fire
- Shell Smash
- Sleep Talk

I'm sure we know just how much we love to f*** cute little whimsicott until she passes out. But now, she keeps Sporing us to sleep before we even rape this thing's little body. My Flareon deals with this little bastard as I use sleep talk to get either a boost or just outright attack. And in case they do switch, if I shell smash on my sleep talk when the enemy tries to kill her, she lives with her focus sash (excluding skill linkers, fellow extreme speeders, and Sand or hail weather)

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball

you could try this for yourself. she is like the Mewtwo of Stabmons. Crazy fun to use her in all honesty. Give her Psystrike, and 3 other attacks fitting for your team. She's been a life saver.

Cinccino (F) @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry / Chilan Berry / Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- ExtremeSpeed

This time, using my favorite normal type, I give her shell smash to boost her speed and power like nuts. With extremespeed, that will be one hell of a nightmare to face +2 with 115 base speed. A mini arceus extreme killer? Possibly. For the items, your choice. Focus sash to survive an attack. Lum berry to get rid of Spores / Dark Void / Will o Wisps. Chilan berry for Extremespeed issues (least recommended?). Life orb for spread power kill. But I'm not sure if she can still outspeed a sawsbuck / Venusaur under the sun after a shell smash.

Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Simple. Two times the priority. For the other moves, its your choice. But this Mienshao is the same life orb set regardless.

Sceptile (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Dragon Pulse
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

After stealing Shaymin's signature move, he can finally use the best special Grass move attack in the game: Seed Flare. Without Leaf Storm's stat drop, he can just nuke it away. A very good suicide lead to start against a scarfer thinking they can take him out. Now, he lives with a sash, then fires off a Spore. While the enemy either stays or switches, he attacks s much as he can with his newly obtained speed with Unburden.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
That Sceptile looks really dangerous. Maybe using a Grass Gem would be better since it makes it a lot easier to get the Unburden boost and also boosts the power of Seed Flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.