• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stadium 2's Earl's Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZadokRox

Earl's Academy/Library is one of my favorite parts of Pokemon Stadium 2. I wished it was included in Colosseum (especially with the Double Battles and Abilities that was added to Ruby/Sapphire).

The Library was the most used feature on my Pokemon Stadium 2 game. It beats going online to get the info I wanted.

Any opinions about Earl's Academy/Library?

Shiny Rokon

Earl

Yeah, i liked it a lot too! Completed it and refered to it many a time. It was fun doing tests and stuff on pokemon despite how nerdy that sounds ^_^ first thing i did when i played it and was a good break from battles.

J

Justin Credible

Yeah it was pretty great I did like the mini games as well though!;026;

Raito

HADOUKEN!
It was the best part to the game

Red-Kun

Yay! Pit!
Meh, Earl's academy was very simple D:

I wished that in R2 it would be another kind of difficulty, like... Pokémon Champion or something.

Psychic

Really and truly
I loved the Academy! I found the Library very useful, and I literally used it all the time. I could find out which Pokémon learned what moves at what level in which version.
I needed the Stadium 2 giude to help me beat the battles (even then I had trouble). Taking the tests made me feel smart, cause I aced all of them.
I am such a deranged loser. 8D

~Psychic

About the only worthy feature of Stadium 2. This Academy gave you very good pointers and rules of thumb. I doubt anyone that went through it hasn't improved. Plus, you first have the lesson, then a theory test, and finally, a practical test. It allows you to be prepared for any kind of situation.

The Library was also awesome. The learnability, Type match-ups, and such. Awesome to no end.

Things like those are the only ones I miss of the Stadium series...

I really,really enjoyed the Earl academy. It was quite possibly the one reason I became the trainer I am today. I enjoyed learning Celebi's moves.

Yoshinichi said:
I really,really enjoyed the Earl academy. It was quite possibly the one reason I became the trainer I am today. I enjoyed learning Celebi's moves.

Same here. I learned so many combos and started working out Counters for all Pokemon and good movesets now that I had unlimited access to their base stats and their entire movepools.

Status
Not open for further replies.