• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stage Fight! (092)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked the idea of the steamboat setting and all, but I wish more had been done with that than just a generic stage show subplot. Alas. Anyway, I liked that Ash and Pikachu helped Kay and Raichu practice their performance skills because apparently Ash's a theater expert, and I cackled wildly when Hitmonchan attacked James with Fire Punch.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Kay and her Raichu having trust issues with each other all cuz of Raichu shocking her in the past was interesting and I liked how we saw Ash do some voice acting with Pikachu. Over all I liked the steam boat. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
I was surprised that Jynx was shown with black skin here instead of purple skin. I think that's why this episode has been skipped in some DVD releases. 6/10

Gillachu

Banned
As a Raichu fan, I was pissed when I saw the wimpy Raichu here. I didn't even like the theater vibes here nor the steamboat. Meh.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was surprised that Jynx was shown with black skin here instead of purple skin. I think that's why this episode has been skipped in some DVD releases. 6/10

Huh, I didn't know that this episode was skipped on Dvd. I mean Jynx had such a small appearance in this episode, so it seems needless to skip the whole episode. :[

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
To me the most interesting part about this episode was the illusion of the Pokemon speaking. It was funny how Ash thought they were really talking and thought that Meowth wasn't the only Pokemon who could talk.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the Pokemon Showboat theater, especially the first play with Ebiwalar punching out Goriky and winning Pixy's love. The voice dubbing segment was great too, although Kei's issues with Raichu being scared of her didn't seem like a good subplot. If anything, the Rocket-dan were much more entertaining here.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The voice dubbing segment was great too, although Kei's issues with Raichu being scared of her didn't seem like a good subplot.

The dubbing section of the episode seemed cool, like a direct reference to how the show is dubbed in real life. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
Apparently TPCi banned this episode from the Orange Island saga episode DVD sets and has removed it from their website. Any idea why?

Leonhart

Imagineer
One thing about this episode that really stood out to me were the choices of Pokemon that were showcased on the stage. We saw rare species such as Rougela and Casey, which we didn't get to see too often during this era of the anime, as well as a Lucky that wasn't owned by a Joi for once.

Daizy

I call you honey
Damn when we saw Kay's flashback of when she threw Raichu I finally understood why Raichu was scarred for life. Kay made an awful mistake and she should've apologized.

The ship that hosted plays was a bland setting since we just saw a lot of voice acting going on. What I wish we'd seen was some humans performing with the Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In retrospect, Kei's Raichu seemed somewhat dense since he seemed unable to comprehend why Kei was initially afraid of him. That whole issue was something that could've been resolved on its own with a bit of common sense.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It irks me that they remove episodes whose sole problem, Jynx, can be fixed be recoloring her, but episodes which are genuinely hated by the fanbase, like the Kalos League final, are allowed to remain in distribution.

keepitsimple

site of lies
It irks me that they remove episodes whose sole problem, Jynx, can be fixed be recoloring her, but episodes which are genuinely hated by the fanbase, like the Kalos League final, are allowed to remain in distribution.

What? Of course they're not going to pull a league episode just because a horde of fans cried into their cornflakes that day.

"I didn't like this episode, so it should be removed and nobody should get to watch it!" - your logic

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:

Of course this episode could be removed from the Orange Island arc's DVD release since the episode was filler and disposable, but those Kalos League episodes are heavily plot-related and couldn't be skipped, much less because of one person's opinion.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Legend of Dratini says hi