• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

STAGE ON! :: May/Haruka Fan Club

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
I would love to join please!

Why do you love May?
I like her various reasons. Her personality reminded me of mine. I liked how she overcame her fear of Pokemon as her journey progressed. Her love for food is funny and interesting(in a good way). I love all her contest performances and they were pretty much the reason why I enjoyed watching the AG arc overall. She is very caring and tends to have motherly nature at times.

What did you think of May when she first came?
I thought she was just going to be a Misty replacement, but after actually seeing her, I started to like her more than Misty. So far, May has been my favorite girl companion in the entire Pokemon series. I was so excited when I heard she was coming back for a couple of episodes in DP.

Has May changed through out her pokemon journey, if so do you think it was a good change?
She definitely changed a lot. She went from a girl who seemed to detest Pokemon, to a girl that just loves them and cares for them. Her contest performances have changed as well. She takes in every word of advice that Drew, Ash, and even Harley gives her. Although she has faced obstacles during her whole contest journey, she learns from her mistakes and manages to fix it later on. She even managed to form her own style, that was hers alone. She definitely showed how much she has improved in DP. Her performances were just off the charts for me and made me be very impressed. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I was so devastated when she lost. D:

What's your favourite of May's Pokemon?
Gahhh! Such a hard decision! I love all of them and it's hard to have a favorite. I love Blaziken, Glaceon, and Beautifly the most though. Her baby Squirtle was just so adorable too. xD

Would you like May and the Manaphy she bonded with to meet again?
Of course I would! They were just so amazing together during that movie. Their development was well made, and I cried when they had to go their own way. I CRIED!! *sniff*

I love all the banners. :3
You made a beautiful video Dawn and Piplup! <3 x3

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Joining, so I can let everyone know what May means to me.

Why do you love May? she's pretty, funny and a unique character in her own way.

What did you think of May when she first came? funny the way her intention was just the travelling part as if she were going on holliday
and buying swimsuits : )

What's your favourite of May's Pokemon? easy its glaceon as its her latest and curtest pokemon she has so far (beautyfly 2nd and munchlax 3rd)
as well as she resembles may in fact (in terms of hear).

Last edited:
Welcome Raymon, watericedragon, and Ash&Pikachu-Fan! Glad to see more May fans popping in. :D

@futachimaru; Torchic is definitely cute and nice drawings. I think you could have added some more volume to May's hair but curly hair is definitely a cute change. X3

@Trioxhydre; The pirate bandana makes her suitable to be a Team Aqua member. At least she has a Squirtle/Wartortle to even it out.

So let's make a new topic cuz we need more activity:
What evil organization do you picture May to be a part of the most?

@Raymon; Cute banner! I've added it to the post for others to see/use. ^_^

Last but not least, here's a fanart share:
tumblr_m5kom3G4xY1qlpahho1_400.jpg

By okoge.

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
That's a really cute picture of May, Sweet May! x3

I think she would most likely be part of Team Magma because of her red bandanna, but now that she has a green one I don't know.

I actually found a picture of her wearing a Team Magma uniform, but she's with Misty and Dawn as well:
126659523727180653.jpg

artist unknown

Here are more fanarts:
fMtKF3.jpeg

source

1663981_1308392913095.14res_328_342.jpg

artist unknown

Pokemon.Wallpaper.388083.jpg

Source

Dawn and Piplup

Piplup+Pikachu Fan
I'm going to answer my own questions.. :p

What did you think of May when she first came?
I'm going to be honest. I absolutely hated her and thought she was such an annoying newbie who hated Pokemon and Mudkips. I did think she looked nice though. But nearer the end of the episode when she was with her Torchic I thought 'she might be nice later'. I guess I was right! :p

Has May changed through out her pokemon journey, if so do you think it was a good change?
Definitely, although I hated her at the beginning, I really began to like her later on!

What's your favourite of May's Pokemon?
Manaphy if that counts xD. Then Skitty. Then Beautifly. Then Eevee. Then Glaceon (the pokemon change when they evolve!). Then Torchic. -May had some awesome pokemon! :D

Would you like May and the Manaphy she bonded with to meet again?
Definitely, I could go into a lot of detail but I thought it was adorable and sweet and sad so definitely yes. It's a shame she did not have manaphy when she returned.

You made a beautiful video Dawn and Piplup! <3 x3
Aww thank you very much. I will try to do more.

I think May is too nice to do that but probably team aqua or magma. I would probabaly go for aqua because may loves the water and the magma outfit (apart from the red bandana) doesn't really suit her. Then again, no evil outfit does.

Oh, and those fan art pictures were adorable!

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
What evil team do you invision May joining the most?

I'd like to see her with....Team Plasma. XD It would work well with her natural 'naivity' and, also, too, it could be a neat way to test how much she's grown to really care about Pokemon over time. It'd be awesome, even with the more 'depressing' elements aside...

:)

Though, yeah, her bandana does indeed scream 'Team Magma' with the red. XD

I have May pictures in my photobucket now, I should post them sometime :)

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Does any one want may to have her own special ep.?

I think she should if she not returning to the anime maybe one of her next journey.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
I think that there should be some sort of event lasting a long time span of episodes where ash meets up and battles to become chamipon of something....AND THEN MAY WINS! Manaphy could come back and help her win.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
If May were to get a UNOVA Pokemon, I vote for Audino. It's innocent, friendly, cheerful, cute, and, even a bit dramatic (with how dang common it can be XD), but in a nice way, really. It's such a sweet pokemon. It really suit's May's character imo. :)

I like Audino, I wanna train one someday^^
Pokemon___May_by_lilnutta10.jpg

12277546790011.png

may_pokemon_advanced_f_c_mdal-21052.jpg

Here's some cheerful May picts^^

Meowth City

Staff member
My first instinct was Team Aqua. She has the pirate bandana after all, even if she hasn't worn a blue one yet . Unless you count this...

[IMG300]http://jb2448.info/var/resizes/Fanart/Group%20Shots/ultimate_attack_02.jpg?m=1298174967[/IMG300]
Artist: unknown

Although, Team Magma is another variable option for her seeing as her main Pokemon is a fire type.

Do you think May`s old outfit was better than the new one?
I prefer the new one. Green is good ^^

Does any one want may to have her own special ep.?
Sure, why not.

If May were to get a UNOVA Pokemon, I vote for Audino.
I personally think Minccino would be a better option for May or maybe that's just my bias for all cute things begining with the letter M.

~~~~~~~~~
Lastly, here is my drawing of May: http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa381/mcarkz/may.png
As you can see, my drawing skills are not that great. Oh and don't fret, she hasn't lost an eye. She's winking, in case that wasn't clear.

ArielSummer

Would love to join. May is my favorite character. Really hoping she appears in the new opening 2mw.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I want to join =3 I might aswell answer them topics ^-^

+ Why do you love May?
I played Ruby a million times and I liked playing as her :p I used to wear a bandana when I first played Ruby years ago. Not to mention my fave Slayers character, Amelia.. her voice is Veronica Taylor aka May/Ash's voice actress.

+ What did you think of May when she first came?
To tell the truth, I didn't like her much ^^; but Sweet May-san made me like her somehow. CURSE THAT FANFIC THAT MADE ME HATE HER

+ What's your favourite of May's Pokemon?
Mana.. Manaphy ^^ Combusken aswell.

+ Would you like May and the Manaphy she bonded with to meet again?
Ei, I love that movie and Manaphy, of course I want 'em to :3

I'll make May art when i bother, so yeah. That's all for now :3 nya~

Last edited:
Welcome ArielSummer and PPL! Thank you for joining and enjoy your time!

@watericedragon; Ooh cute fanart you shared there. Seeing Duskull in the wallpaper makes me wonder if she would have caught that Duskull later on. Like it re-appears and May seeks her revenge for causing her to hit a tree or scaring her, lol.

I did see some fan art a long time ago with May wearing Team Aqua gear and that makes her perfect. I mean they all wear bandanas and even though May only has Squirtle, it's a good pick for her, imo.

Do you think May`s old outfit was better than the new one?
I like May's new outfit the most. I did have a period where I wanted May to switch into her new outfit when the Battle Frontier saga started but now I got too used to her old outfit. x__X Both outfits are great so no trouble there.

Does any one want may to have her own special ep?
I agree May didn't get a fabulous special of her own but I thought the appearance in the Wallace Cup was enough. o_o I wouldn't mind her coming back for Unova. Like her dad is going to Unova for that Battle Tournament that may happen and May decides to come too because "hey I magically heard Ash and Dawn are there too!"

@Triohydre; I agree with Audino. I also see her with Pansear because it's a fire-type. Both are a bit adventurous. Just a bit.

It would be awesome if May does come back with Sapphire's outfit. I'm not sure the color may suit May (since Sapphire = blue = the outfit works) but I'd definitely like to see it happen to get an opinion.

@meowth_city;
Cute drawing! Maybe her right eyelids could have been at the bottom aligned with the other eye but it's still a great job. :D

@PPL; What fanfic would make you dislike her? D:

Here's a random drawing I did a week ago. Finally thought about sharing it even if I tried experimenting with Shoujo-style techniques. It's pretty hard. x__X Clicky to see~

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I think so too. There were specials about Misty and Dawn, and the latter is even returning, but May didn`t get a single one.

I think its because they weren't expecting Dawn or Brock to return to the series but when B&W 2 came out they were like what the heck why not bring her back again.

What evil team do you invision May joining the most?
None May is too sweet to join anything evil even if the outfits do look good on her lol.

BabyLugia

(◡‿◡✿) bonjour

Hi guys, I just came back to Serebii today to see what's been changed since I left about 3+ years ago c: I found this club and May's always been one of my favorite Pokémon characters, so I thought "Why not?" and decided to post.

⇝ Why do you love May?
Well there's plenty of reasons that I love May. My first Pokémon game (that I actually owned) was Ruby, so I obviously grew a preference and an attachment to the 3rd generation as a whole. With that said, I love her in the anime and the manga as well! She's just such a funny and perfect character in my opinion. And of course I ship Contestshipping, since I think they are just the most precious babies to exist! ♥

Dawn and Piplup

Piplup+Pikachu Fan
Do you think May's old outfit was better than the new one?
Well I was so used to her old one she looked really different in her new one. But I love both even though I slightly prefer her new one!
Also May returning because she magically heard of Ash and Dawn sounds aweosme and I would love to see her in Sapphire's outfit!

mayjoy.jpg

Here's May dressing as Nurse Joy! Rather funny -I wonder what episode it's from?

@Sweet May -great drawing

@PopPrincessLyra -never judge a character by a fan fic (unless it's a good fan fic!)

As for May with a Unova pokemon.... maybe Deerling or Vannilite?

Does any one want may to have her own special ep?
I would love to see how she and her rivals are doing in Johto! Yup yup! :D

@Trioxhydre -I love those pictures!

tokio767

nipah~
Why do you love May?
Well, Emerald was my first Pokemon game, and playing as May was really cool for me. At the time I didn't know much about her, till she came onto the anime. I didn't really realize how much I liked May until one episode where (sorry i don't know what episode it was) she lost to this other girl in the final round of a contest. May was devestated and started crying in a hallway. I started crying too, and after that I started to connect with May a lot more. Now shes probably my favorite character from the series cause i think shes awesome :3