• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Staging A Heroes Welcome (545)

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
It really shows how much May has grown as a trainer. Remember the "Kinoko/Hinoko" incident? We all thought her Torchic would never evolve because she liked all the cuties? Now just look at all the ugly brutes she has!
Ash should follow her example and instead of collecting cuties, to turn them into beasts.

TeddiUrsa

What´s with the spoilers from the next episode in this thread...sheesh people...you ruined it for me :/ this isn´t the DP-78 discussion thread :/

I really, really liked this episode.
Animated Masato, and even Haruka´s parents! Drew, Harley and Saori as well. And done by Tamagawa. Joy!

Nice that the turtle-devil got a little flashback, I like its new voice. Let´s hope it does more in this arc. Would be a waste to just to a short appeal.

Was that a Card-Captor Sakura "cameo" in the beginning of the episode? 2 girls walked by and looked almost like Sakura and Tomoyo, especially with the Mikuri-fangirl hats.

Too bad Musashi didn´t make it this time, she seemed to found of herself though. Nice to see Wobbuffet doing an appeal anyway. And Manene got some screentime as well after magically disappearing from the last episode.

It was nice to see Kengo watching Hikari´s appeal as well. So many characters in one episode isn´t the norm in the middle of a saga. It felt a lot like a mini-grand-festival to me ^^

Speaking of Hikari, I´m not a big fan of her but I loved her scene with Pochama when it bubbled self-confidence into her. Hikari´s insecureness and the way she tries to cover it up is the most interesting character trait of her if you ask me.

Great episode, I´m looking forward to DP 78 tomorrow ^^

uber gon

Accept Change
lol the best part of this episode had to be Jessies reaction at failing at the appeals, she literally turned to dust over it.

Is there a pic of that?

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
posting the pic here too;
[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Haruka_91/121024357906611ee.jpg[/IMG139]

Yay for writers, they seem to have realize that evolved pokemon > unevolved pokemon.

Getting SERIOUS Yu-Gi-Oh! vibes.
When I finish the episode, I'll post some kind of review.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Venausor, Blaziken,Muchlax,Beautifly,Warturtle. may is a beast trainer.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
True very true.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I recall a lot of instances where people would complain about May's team being a "clone" of Ash's, with the starters and whatnot, so I can't see why anyone would be opposed to the idea of having Bulbasaur evolve. All the way to Venusaur? Eh, I would prefer to have seen Ivysaur first, but it's not something I'm going to get all up in arms about. And for the record, gender differences have been acknowledged in DP already. Take a look at the Bidoofs in DP023.

Quick notes:
- Has anybody ever pointed out how Wallace is totally gay? Really? No one?
- Oh Gawd, it can't be! Caused more abortions than May's Squirtle, eaten more babies than Zoey, it's...it's...THE VOCAL VERSION OF HARUKA'S THEME! I told you people it would play in this arc, but did you listen? Now you must all endure this terror all over again...unless you watch the dub version which will undoubtedly cut it.
- Yay for Norman, Carolina, and Max cameos all in one scene.
- Drew, Harley, and Solidad in one scene, also? In a place that resembles Ecruteak City? Amazing.
- And Wartortle doesn't finish with the cliched ice appeal? Unbelievable.
- That's right, Dawn. Keep suffocating that penguin.
- Oh, goodie. Battle Frontier. Something nice to wash out the wretched aftertaste of Haruka's Theme.
- And a Kenny cameo for good measure.
- You know, I truly wonder why appeals don't hit the audience members more often.

When Zoey came up to Ash at the beginning, she mentioned something about gyms and contests. She didn't seem angry at Ash for participating in the Wallace Cup, either. Would anyone care to summarize what was said by her there?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^I think someone at bulbagarden said she was basically apologizing to Ash for how she treated him in the first contest or something like that.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Heh, I am simply AMAZED that Harley WASN'T doing ANYTHING "bad".

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
Dawn was getting all insecure and nervous during her friends' appeals, realistically so. I like her characterization.
Then Piplup did something useful and used bubblebeam of courage in the face.