• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Staging A Heroes Welcome (545)

Ya!Ivysaur evolved!I want May's Blaziken.

People, I wasn't impress by Ambipom's appeal. </3 It just... wasn't interesting <~. I really enjoyed looking at Finneon's appeal. :3

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
If you must know, the reason I label you as "anti-evolution" is because a couple years ago, you always threw a fit whenever someone suggested an evolution no matter who it was (especially Corphish who, whether you think so or not, deserved it).
That was because people just wouldn't shut up about evolution. People suggested evolution every episode and I was not the only one who complained. Corphish was what kept Ash's Houen/Battle Frontier team balanced so it wasn't just evolved Pokemon plus Torkoal and Pikachu.

Then Snorunt evolved and you felt (and still do) that its character was tarnished when in reality, it vastly improved in both character and battling. It only had a few more episodes to show itself off and it did. Thats very impressive if you ask me.
It did not improve as a character, and the fact it improved in battle so much is what annoyed me. It went from losing all the time to being a powerhouse which was unfair on Snorunt as a Pokemon, it had potential that was wasted.

I'm glad to see your idea of evolution has changed and that you seemed to have matured a bit.
Actually this was always my view on evolution. As my signature now says I'm not against evolution I'm against poorly written evolution. I just had a shorter temper back then so my points were missunderstood. If I was against evolution I wouldn't have been pleased about Sceptile, Donphan or the upcoming Gliscor.

sCiZoR_2006

Cascade Trainer
Yeah it was Ecruteak city. It felt real good to see jhoto in the anime again...i mean, it's been what...5...6 years now?

[IMG139]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/young-smoove1/ecruteak-city_2008.jpg[/IMG139]

And, wasn't this the place where ash and co. were with the eevee sisters?

[IMG139]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/young-smoove1/drew-tachi_jhoto.jpg[/IMG139]

I really think may's traveling with them all. either that or they took a couple days off to relax and watch her performance in the Wallace cup.

-----------\

Aside from that, I was wondering what Paul was saying when he say Ash/Buizel doing their appeal. lol Seemed like he said something like "look at this dork making a fool of himself doing Contests."

Last edited:

sCiZoR_2006

Cascade Trainer
I wonder where May started her journey, when she was in Johto.

I always thought May had the same pacing through Jhoto that Ash does in Shinou. Since we saw Drew and Co. are in Ecruteak (which is where you get the Plain Badge (3rd Jhoto League badge) from). Ash and Co. recently left Veilstone (where he just won his 3rd badge too), so we could safely assume they started from New Bark Town.

But this is all assuming that May was traveling with them before she left for Snowpoint.

neo_senku

It's sad that ash is still better at appeals than dawn is.

uber gon

Accept Change
I always thought May had the same pacing through Jhoto that Ash does in Shinou. Since we saw Drew and Co. are in Ecruteak (which is where you get the Plain Badge (3rd Jhoto League badge) from). Ash and Co. recently left Veilstone (where he just won his 3rd badge too), so we could safely assume they started from New Bark Town.

But this is all assuming that May was traveling with them before she left for Snowpoint.

Doubt it. It'd be weird to see her travelling with Harley.

Zabi

Not really here.
Just saw this episode. I like how everyone got their theme songs in the background when they appealed. Going to watch episode 78 now. Dawn's appeal was my favorite, personally.

Heracross

Custom User Title

The third gym is in Goldenrod. Ecruteak is the home of the Fog Badge.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
People, I wasn't impress by Ambipom's appeal. </3 It just... wasn't interesting <~. I really enjoyed looking at Finneon's appeal. :3

Thank you! Someone with some taste! Dawn's appeal was bland. What was the point of swift? It wasn't needed. She should of tried to get Ambipom to surf on a giant star. That would have been better. Though, I'd say that Ash's appeal was the best. And Jessie's was okay, I like her physical appeals to bad she lost, she brings something new to the table... Zoey and May were stunning as well.

dman_dustin

Thank you! Someone with some taste! Dawn's appeal was bland. What was the point of swift? It wasn't needed. She should of tried to get Ambipom to surf on a giant star. That would have been better. Though, I'd say that Ash's appeal was the best. And Jessie's was okay, I like her physical appeals to bad she lost, she brings something new to the table... Zoey and May were stunning as well.

i don't know I liked the the Focus Punch ending, but I suppose everything else was not as good. And it least Dawn didn't over-do it.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Thank you! Someone with some taste! Dawn's appeal was bland. What was the point of swift? It wasn't needed.
It was just to utilize the water in some way. Considering how most of the field is water, using just the land portion is not effective as an appeal. Using the water would add more points to the appeal.

She should of tried to get Ambipom to surf on a giant star. That would have been better.
I disagree. There was nothing wrong with numerous waterfalls being shot out as a result of an attack.

Sushi Bunny

ハチミツをたべてる フっフっフっ
And again: Am I the only one who recognized the Cardcaptor characters?

When I watched the episode I made sure to look out for that. You're not the only one. They really looked like them! Sakura and Tomoyo were visiting the Pokemon world. :eek:

thanks for pointing that out! ^_^

I thought this episode was pretty good. I loved Hikari and Pochama in it, and seeing Shinji watching Ash's appeal seemed really funny. (but why is it that it seems so funny?!)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
There was another cameo in this episode, but it was really hard to spot (don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet).

[img139]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/Otakunerd.png[/img139]
It's the Otaku's from the Maid Cafe episode, and a "Marina" cameo in a way. :p