• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Staging A Heroes Welcome (545)

Daizy

I call you honey
Isn't it ironic and a kick in the pants that Ash still has a Bulbasaur and Squirtle after so many years while May got a Venusaur and Wartortle in no time at all. I wish she hadn't evolved her Bulbasaur.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Isn't it ironic and a kick in the pants that Ash still has a Bulbasaur and Squirtle after so many years while May got a Venusaur and Wartortle in no time at all. I wish she hadn't evolved her Bulbasaur.

To be fair, unlike Satoshi's Zenigame and Fushigidane, Haruka had been training her set for almost as long, albeit off-screen.

Scorbunnie

Jessie failing the appeal round felt like a huge flaw in this Pokemon Contest because Jessie's appeal was actually original and better than most of the other appeals and she had a good track record in this series. She got the short end of the stick for no good reason.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
Jessie failing the appeal round felt like a huge flaw in this Pokemon Contest because Jessie's appeal was actually original and better than most of the other appeals and she had a good track record in this series. She got the short end of the stick for no good reason.

I'm pretty sure that the reason why Musashi's appeal failed is because she made it more about herself than about her Pokemon, which the judges probably disliked since it made her seem like an egomaniac. Frankly, I thought her appeal was creative and out of the box, but not suitable for Contests such as this.

Zamin

Yeah, I totally agree with your view on Jessalina in this episode, that is why the judges weren't impressed with her being the 'star' of her performance. I thought it was cool though.

It was cool to see Harley again. I also love that we keep seeing different Pokemon of May's. I'd love to see another comeback from Gary soon, now that we have had May (and Max too in this episode watching the TV was cool).

I'm interested to see how the rest of the contest will go.

Seeing as they're at Lake valor, I would love to see an appearance of Azelf too but there's been no hint of anything like that yet.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Getting to see Max, Norman, and Caroline + May’s rivals cameo was nice. I’ve always loved Zoe, Ash, and particularly May’s outfits for the Wallace Cup, they all look so snazzy. I wish Dawn got a special dress to wear here too, or at least varied her accessories like she did sometimes, but it’s fine. It’s extra heartwarming to see May reassuring Dawn and acting so mature and confident; her character growth being so apparent is what makes me love May.

May and Dawn had the best appeals. Wartortle is my fave stage of the Squirtle line and May’s appeal was elegant and perfectly executed. Dawn’s was very creative and visually beautiful, it showed off Ambipom well. The heart theme was a nice touch.

Paul reacting to Ash competing is my favorite thing in the world though omfg