1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Stairs or Elevator?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Lord Scalgon, Jun 13, 2010.

?

Preference?

1. Stairs

45 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Elevator

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Lord Scalgon

Lord Scalgon What title?

Some random poll, I guess. Do you prefer to take the stairs or the elevator? (assuming you're walking by yourself and not carrying anything at all)

Me? The stairs. Why? The exercise.

2. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

If I'm carrying something heavy like a TV, and am not in the mood to trip on the second step and drop said TV, I'll use the elevator. If not, I'll take the stairs, for my PokeWalker xD

3. pokefantravis

pokefantravis The Poke-Pimp

I honestly prefer using elevators, especially whenever I am tired and not in the mood for walking.

4. munchlaxboy

munchlaxboy Catching up on XY

Is mayonnaise an option?

If not, I'll go with escalator.

...What? Not an option either?

Fine. Stairs. Happy?

5. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Stairs are fun to bound up and down upon. Unless you're traveling between too many floors, to the point where you'll get yourself all tuckered out, stairs are preferable to boring elevators.

6. Unpredictable-Strategist

Unpredictable-Strategist Unorthodox Trainer

Stairs. Elevators are boring, you don't get exercise, and they make you feel lazy (sometimes). Stairs, like Profesco said, are fun to bound up and down upon.

7. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

I'll be difficult and say escalator. Why? You walk down the up one and get unlimited exercise. Take that you stair-enthusiasts.

However, stairs. To avoid the inevitable awkward silence in an elevator.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  8. Aquadon

Aquadon TCG Trainer

Elevators were fun when I was a kid, as there aren't many Elevators here at home, however, Stairs are like my one form of exercise, and I get to add some wattage to the PokeWalker (GameFreak really outdid themselves with it). Everyone else I know loves taking the elevator, but I usually stick it out to the stairs.

9. Xi™

Xi™ New Member

I prefer stairs.

10. Mewtwo152

Mewtwo152 Not dead yet.

Stairs are good, but if I'm climbing from the first to 30th floor, I'll stick to the elevator. Elevators don't play music much anymore, though, so they're not as 'fun' anymore.
    I guess I actually prefer escalators. Stairs, so you can see around you, and moving, so possibly faster ascension.

11. PsychedelicJellyfish

PsychedelicJellyfish formerly R. New

Stairs. As to why, I don't know. I'm kind of a hyperactive person trapped in a lazy person's body, so it might have something to do with that.

12. Lord Scalgon

Lord Scalgon What title?

Better hope the security doesn't catch you. =\

Oh, and speaking of which, don't end up like this girl here...

13. GreenDay4ever

GreenDay4ever bye!, i had a blast

when i'm going up... i use the elevator

when i'm going down... the stairs

14. pokefantravis

pokefantravis The Poke-Pimp

15. Satoshi

Satoshi リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー

It doesn't really matter to me. I'll take the elevator if my friend does, but I usually take the stairs because I have this strange paranoia that a power-outage might happen.

Just shake that crap up or put it on top of a washing machine like my friend does. :p

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  16. Crystal Clair

Crystal Clair Well-Known Member

My choice has actually been affected by my dreams. In my dreams, if you go into an elevator, they will break down and you will be stuck and that is one of my biggest fears.

That influenced me to use the stairs more often in real life.

And then there was that one time where they redid the elevator at my school so the tile floor looked hideous. So even if I had a class on the fourth floor, I'd brave the stairs. Plus in my school, from one floor to another floor is actually two flights.

17. palingensia

palingensia amends

I tend to use the stairs as I can't be bothered waiting for elevator. And Pokewalker steps is always good. :3

18. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

In general I take the stairs, since my legs work and all. Exceptions:
    If I have to go up more than 5 floors, I almost always take the elevator since I don't want to be half-dead by the time I reach my destination.
    If I'm even remotely in a hurry, I start taking the elevator if I have to go down more than 8 floors. Taking stairs down may not take much effort, but it can still take a really long time.

Living on floor 8 of my freshman dorm & floor 15 of my sophmore dorm cultivated too much thought about taking the elevator vs the stairs. It also cultivated an irrational hatred of people who take the elevator up to floors they could damn well take the stairs to. Some of us actually need to use the elevator, dammit!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  19. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Hurtle down them at reckless speeds, jumping three and four at a time. If they're curved or cornered, grab the handrail and swing yourself around them - maintain momentum at all costs. The stairs are the enemy keeping you from obeying the law of gravity, don't let them impede your headlong rush to the ground. It's fun, too.

An at-least-15-floor dorm? Yikes. I don't know whether to make a joke about skycrapers or sardines.

20. SapphireGeno

SapphireGeno Silver forever <3

The stairs because you actually get exercise.
    Unless you in, say, a 48-story building, then I'd go with the elevator. :)