• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stairs or Elevator?

Preference?

• Stairs

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Elevator

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
If I'm carrying something heavy like a TV, and am not in the mood to trip on the second step and drop said TV, I'll use the elevator. If not, I'll take the stairs, for my PokeWalker xD

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
I honestly prefer using elevators, especially whenever I am tired and not in the mood for walking.

Profesco

gone gently
Stairs are fun to bound up and down upon. Unless you're traveling between too many floors, to the point where you'll get yourself all tuckered out, stairs are preferable to boring elevators.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
Stairs. Elevators are boring, you don't get exercise, and they make you feel lazy (sometimes). Stairs, like Profesco said, are fun to bound up and down upon.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I'll be difficult and say escalator. Why? You walk down the up one and get unlimited exercise. Take that you stair-enthusiasts.

However, stairs. To avoid the inevitable awkward silence in an elevator.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Elevators were fun when I was a kid, as there aren't many Elevators here at home, however, Stairs are like my one form of exercise, and I get to add some wattage to the PokeWalker (GameFreak really outdid themselves with it). Everyone else I know loves taking the elevator, but I usually stick it out to the stairs.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Stairs are good, but if I'm climbing from the first to 30th floor, I'll stick to the elevator. Elevators don't play music much anymore, though, so they're not as 'fun' anymore.
I guess I actually prefer escalators. Stairs, so you can see around you, and moving, so possibly faster ascension.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Stairs. As to why, I don't know. I'm kind of a hyperactive person trapped in a lazy person's body, so it might have something to do with that.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
It doesn't really matter to me. I'll take the elevator if my friend does, but I usually take the stairs because I have this strange paranoia that a power-outage might happen.

If I'm carrying something heavy like a TV, and am not in the mood to trip on the second step and drop said TV, I'll use the elevator. If not, I'll take the stairs, for my PokeWalker xD
Just shake that crap up or put it on top of a washing machine like my friend does. :p

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

My choice has actually been affected by my dreams. In my dreams, if you go into an elevator, they will break down and you will be stuck and that is one of my biggest fears.

That influenced me to use the stairs more often in real life.

And then there was that one time where they redid the elevator at my school so the tile floor looked hideous. So even if I had a class on the fourth floor, I'd brave the stairs. Plus in my school, from one floor to another floor is actually two flights.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
In general I take the stairs, since my legs work and all. Exceptions:
If I have to go up more than 5 floors, I almost always take the elevator since I don't want to be half-dead by the time I reach my destination.
If I'm even remotely in a hurry, I start taking the elevator if I have to go down more than 8 floors. Taking stairs down may not take much effort, but it can still take a really long time.

Living on floor 8 of my freshman dorm & floor 15 of my sophmore dorm cultivated too much thought about taking the elevator vs the stairs. It also cultivated an irrational hatred of people who take the elevator up to floors they could damn well take the stairs to. Some of us actually need to use the elevator, dammit!

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Taking stairs down may not take much effort, but it can still take a really long time.

Hurtle down them at reckless speeds, jumping three and four at a time. If they're curved or cornered, grab the handrail and swing yourself around them - maintain momentum at all costs. The stairs are the enemy keeping you from obeying the law of gravity, don't let them impede your headlong rush to the ground. It's fun, too.

Living on floor 8 of my freshman dorm & floor 15 of my sophmore dorm cultivated too much thought about taking the elevator vs the stairs.

An at-least-15-floor dorm? Yikes. I don't know whether to make a joke about skycrapers or sardines.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
The stairs because you actually get exercise.
Unless you in, say, a 48-story building, then I'd go with the elevator. :)