• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stairway To Devon! (293)

Lionel

This filler episode was pretty boring because it was focused on Max, and all episodes focusing on him turn out to be terrible.

I wouldn't say that. I thought that the Poochyena episode was pretty good, depending on your perspective of what Pokemon is supposed to be. And even this episode has its own interesting bits as well when Devon talked about the Pokemon-creation machine, where the anime confirmed that Pokemon are composed of some data bits instead of being purely organic. I don't know if this was the case with the dubs (might have taken some liberties to keep the Pokemon lore from being too complicated), but this was so in the subs.

Furthermore, this episode further developed the sibling relationship between Haruka and Masato, so you have to be kinda shallow not to appreciate something like that.

Last edited:
During the scene where Officer Jenny mentioned that an infiltration was being planned, I thought Mr. Stone was going to be involved with it, because of the way he looked for just a second. He sort of had that "it's all falling in to place" demeanor for a minute.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Max spilling his drink on the PokeNav made me cackle; this is why kids shouldn't have technical devices imo. I really liked Mr. Stone's personality by the way, as well as the fact that he confronted the fake researcher and chased him to the roof with Max. Anyway, Team Rocket's plans here seemed so unnecessary in my opinion. The Team Aqua grunt was conflict enough.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Mr Stone was cool and I liked how Ash's group finally came across Team aqua in this episode. The disguised Team aqua grunt's escape from the Devon Corp building itself was pretty neat and so was Crawdaunt.

JudySpell

Banned
All I really cared about was seeing Crawdaunt debut since I love Corphish's line. I liked how the Team Aqua dude flew off the building too. 8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved the beginning of the episode when Masato spilled his drink on the PokeNavi. Oh, and I really loved the part where Masato met the Devon Corporation president too. I also enjoyed when the Rocket-dan took off their sunglasses after they heard who the Devon employees were looking for, and then they got caught lol. It was cool when the president noticed that the capsules were stolen, and when he and Masato started chasing that guy from the Aqua-dan. It was pure luck how Masato caught the capsules when they were falling.

Zamin

This was such a good episode, it was cool to finally meet a Team Aqua member.

At first I found the president really creepy and thought he was the criminal but he grew on me towards the end.

When Max and Mr. Stone first met I suspected him of being a villain: I'm glad I was wrong and that the Crawdaunt man was the real Team Aqua spy.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Meh, it was nice seeing the Devon Corporation being spotlighted even if it was just for one episode: that's still more than we got for Silph Co. We also got the first appearance by Team Aqua, which was just as mysterious as the Team Magma premiere.

ZilverLox

Banned
It was a pretty cool episode overall, but some parts were confusing to me. Like when the Aqua thief had to not get caught, but then in the building he got caught and didn't care. And at the end, when Pikachu saw the President hand Max the PokeNav, he questioned himself, but didn't mean anything in the end. Just some weird things in the episode, but still a pretty good one overall, and not a filler as much.

Leonhart

Imagineer
At first I found the president really creepy and thought he was the criminal but he grew on me towards the end.

Funny thing is that when President Tsuwabuki first showed up and befriended Masato in this episode, I didn't even recognize him. I also had the impression that he might've been a villain in the beginning, but then once I saw the suspicious man wandering the Devon Corporation building, I changed my mind.

Cíconne

Banned
Oh my god, Team Aqua. What made this episode good was how both Mr. Stone's plot and the infiltration attempt by Team Aqua's spy on the company had a continuation in the next episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wish that we could've seen Daigo in a flashback or silhouette when President Tsuwabuki was discussing the company, and I wish that the random unnamed Aqua-dan grunt had been Izumi, instead.

Ok episode. I love the title "Stairway to Devon". I like another Max focused episode and the part where they describe the thief as wearing lab coat and sunglasses and then TRio takes off their coats and glasses and then runs off is hilarious. Steven is mentioned, too bad he only appears once throughout THE WHOLE AG SERIES AND IT ISNT EVEN A MAJOR APPEARANCE HE DID MORE IN XY THAN HIS OWN SERIES in some rando filler.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Ok episode. I love the title "Stairway to Devon". I like another Max focused episode and the part where they describe the thief as wearing lab coat and sunglasses and then TRio takes off their coats and glasses and then runs off is hilarious. Steven is mentioned, too bad he only appears once throughout THE WHOLE AG SERIES AND IT ISNT EVEN A MAJOR APPEARANCE HE DID MORE IN XY THAN HIS OWN SERIES in some rando filler.
It's funny how he only got a passing mention here even though his dad was on screen for like half the episode. Also it sucks that the Team Aqua grunt never played a bigger part after he disappeared into Team Aqua's submarine in a later episode...