• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stall Team

Alzi

Toon link
Well so far i have done a Sandstorm / Sunny day / Rain Dance team now it is time for a stall team. It took me some time to try and get all spikes / toxic spikes / steatlh rock / perish song / Sandstorm / mean look / aromatherapy / ghost type to block rapid spin / wish / U-turn all in the same team. It was also hard to try and find some pokemon in the team that good resist sandstorm but stall at the same time. Well here is is.

450.png

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Impish 252 hp / 252 def / 6 atk
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Ok i needed a pokemon with Stealth rock and that can keep the sandstorm going and was also a physical wall. SR to stop Gyarados from switching in and slack off so i can heal that turn for wasting a turn on Stealth Rock. Ice fang for annoying things like Heracross and earthquake for stab.

385.png

Jirachi@Leftovers
Trait: Serence Grace
Impish 76 def / 56 atk / 136 spd / 240 hp
-Wish
-U-turn
-Zen Headbutt
-Protect

This guy works great on a stall team. Wish helps to keep it alive and also for the team and it can U-turn out to a pokemon to heal. Wish + Protect is a good combo. So i can heal jirachi or the team.

242.png

Blissey@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold 252 hp / 252 def / 6 sp.atk
-Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Aromatherpy
-Softboiled

A special wall. Also helps my team against status and suprises dragon types with ice beam.

94.png

Gengar@Leftovers
Timid 252 hp / 252 spd / 6 sp.def
-Perish Song
-Hypnosis
-Mean Look
-Protect

I wanted somthing with Perish song and a ghost type to block Rapid spin and here it is. Mean Look if i have good prediction and perish song to make them faint. It will be a pain when toxic spikes / spikes / SR are all down. Protect is just to make the perish song count go lower one and to stall a little when toxic spikes are down. Hypnosis can get annoying aswell. This thing has worked great so far.

73.png

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
Calm 204 hp / 96 sp.atk / 172 sp.def / 36 spd
-Toxic Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Knock Off

I replaced nidoqueen for this. Does the same roll in a way just lays down toxic spikes. Ice beam for dragons. Knock off is fun since while the sandstorm is going they loose extra hp once there leftovers is gone.

205.png

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed 252 hp / 216 def / 40 sp.atk
-Zap Cannon
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake

My team needed a spiker. So i decided forretress and it can atleast do something to gyarados. Earthquake for annoying jolteons.

Well hope you all like my team if theres anything wrong with it please tell me.

Rate Away....

-Alzi-;286;

Last edited:

Neonian

GTS king
If you're using sandstorm, Thundebolt is more reliable than thunder, since Sandstorm cuts it's accuracy to 50.
Also, for jirachi, i suggest relfect since your EV spread ain't helping it's special attack.

Alzi

Toon link
I totaly forgot about sandstorm how it lowers Thunders accuracy. Ok i'm going to go Reflect > Thunder on Jirachi since it will help gengar get a switch in an do it's stuff.

Also i am keeping nidoqueen there since it's a nice suprise not many people will know it has stone edge or aerial ace.

So is my team good?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
An interesting and good team. Jirachi's stats are a bit funny, but good indeed. Maybe you can lower it's Hp to increase its def, but it is great in this position.

Imperator_Venit

Although I am inexperienced in Sandstorm teams, wouldn't adding a rock type pokemon with decent defences...like Cradily, help, because of the boost from Sandstorm?

Or wouldn't they fit into your team well?

Alzi

Toon link
@Trainer Yusuf

That could work but it has Reflect so it can take physical hits pretty well once i get reflect in.

@eevee general

It's a stall team and cradily would be great since it gets boosted in sp.def but i already got a special wall and the only stall move it has is toxic and i already got Nidoqueen with toxic spikes so i don't need it.

Are there anymore suggestions?

Imperator_Venit

@Trainer Yusuf

That could work but it has Reflect so it can take physical hits pretty well once i get reflect in.

@eevee general

It's a stall team and cradily would be great since it gets boosted in sp.def but i already got a special wall and the only stall move it has is toxic and i already got Nidoqueen with toxic spikes so i don't need it.

Are there anymore suggestions?

kk. Well...not much else for me to say. Nice Team. :)

Alzi

Toon link
Does anyone else have suggestions?

Also should i give Forretress Zap Cannon since i have nothing usful to hurt Gyara with.

Neonian

GTS king
Does anyone else have suggestions?

Also should i give Forretress Zap Cannon since i have nothing usful to hurt Gyara with.

Explosion is enough to wipe out anything not resistant to it.
Zap cannon has lame accuracy, plus the fact that forretress doesn't have a decent sp.att makes Zap cannon useless to forretress.

Ryan Buckles

<-Yanma's gone HULK!
A NVE EQ from Hippowdon is actually more powerful than a neutral Ice Fang: 100 x 1.5=150/2=75, Ice Fang=65. It's good for Garchomp though. I would give Gengar some offense though...possibly T-Bolt over Protect? Just a thought.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Shadow Ball > Mean look. It simply isn't worth it as you'll be locking in counters such as weavile and you need atleast one attack to abuse that special attack stat.

Nothing here can really hurt things like Skarmory, Gliscor and Swampert who'll roost of damage easily, resist SS and either SR or Spikes and throw spikes/SR right back at you while they're team mates can sweep.

Last edited:
Well so far i have done a Sandstorm / Sunny day / Rain Dance team now it is time for a stall team. It took me some time to try and get all spikes / toxic spikes / steatlh rock / perish song / Sandstorm / mean look / aromatherapy / ghost type to block rapid spin / wish / U-turn all in the same team. It was also hard to try and find some pokemon in the team that good resist sandstorm but stall at the same time. Well here is is.

450.png

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Impish 252 hp / 252 def / 6 atk
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Ok i needed a pokemon with Stealth rock and that can keep the sandstorm going and was also a physical wall. SR to stop Gyarados from switching in and slack off so i can heal that turn for wasting a turn on Stealth Rock. Ice fang for annoying things like Heracross and earthquake for stab.

252/252 hippo is bad.
I use 252 HP/176 Def/rest in SDef and Atk

385.png

Jirachi@Leftovers
Trait: Serence Grace
Impish 76 def / 56 atk / 136 spd / 240 hp
-Wish
-U-turn
-Zen Headbutt
-Reflect

This guy works great on a stall team. Wish helps to keep it alive and also for the team and it can U-turn out to a pokemon to heal. Reflect works great since earthquake will not hurt it as much and can make gengar switch into physical sweepers to help it do it's stuff.

EVs: 236 HP / 176 Def / 28 Spd / 68 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

You will require Protect in there somewhere, else it will not be able to heal itself, ever.

242.png

Blissey@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold 252 hp / 252 def / 6 sp.atk
-Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Aromatherpy
-Softboiled

A special wall. Also helps my team against status and suprises dragon types with ice beam.

bad set if you ask me.
Wishing sets are better. Especially in stall teams. You want to remove as much of the prediction and luck as you can, and Blissey is going to be one Pokémon that will be picked on by Phys Pokémon a lot. To have protect here, you'll remove the option of them outpredicting you, and doing some serious damage to one of your Pokémon. Which you certainly do not want.
Having 2 wishers will also help a lot.

Then think carefully about the 2 slots you have left (after Wish and Protect). You'll want to hit most of it's counters with either Thunder Wave or Toxic, then you'll want to see what your team ahs troube with, and put in a move to help there.

94.png

Gengar@Leftovers
Timid 252 hp / 252 spd / 6 sp.def
-Perish Song
-Hypnosis
-Mean Look
-Protect

I wanted somthing with Perish song and a ghost type to block Rapid spin and here it is. Mean Look if i have good prediction and perish song to make them faint. It will be a pain when toxic spikes / spikes / SR are all down. Protect is just to make the perish song count go lower one and to stall a little when toxic spikes are down. Hypnosis can get annoying aswell. This thing has worked great so far.

fine. Though once Gyarados realises your set, and you've put something to sleep, he sweeps the whole team.

31.png

Nidoqueen@Leftovers
Trait: Poison Point
Adamant 252 atk / 252 def / 6 hp
-Toxic Spikes
-Aerial Ace
-Stone Edge
-Roar

I was going to use Tentacruel over this but this works better IMO since it has roar to do more damage. Stone Edge for skarmoy and aerial ace for Heracross. And this is my Toxic Spiker. I am starting to love this thing now :)

I though about this when I made my last Stall team, and well, I hated it. It did nothing for me. I ended up replacing it with a Venusaur.
It has nice resistances, but it's Defence isn't too great. Especially when you (I hope this is a typo) give it 252 Atk. If it isn't, you're going to have serious issues against better players, because you can usually tell how good someone is by the way they use their EV's and the way they lay out their team. Think about using Ice Punch or Earthquake over something.

205.png

Forretress@Leftovers
Relaxed 252 hp / 96 def / 162 atk
-Spikes
-EXPLOSION
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball

And here is my spiker. We all know what it does. Rapid spin if the foe trys to be cheeky an sets up his own stall and explosion for when i have finished an know the foe has no rapid spinner.

A bad set. Exploding this eary on could remove a threat such as a Special Sweeper, or you could Explode on a blissey to sweep with something Special, but seeing as you're a stall team, exploding this is going to have to be the last thing on your mind.
Also, they are awful EV's for a Forretress.
I've also noticed that you have the most stupid Gyarados weakness. Nothing can swap into it after it has one Dragon Dance.
Ones that are EV'd Properly will be able to completely walk all over this team, and for a stall team, this is the worst thing ever.
Consider using this set;

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) / Relaxed Nature (-Spd, +Def)
- Zap Cannon
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Light Screen / Earthquake

Well hope you all like my team if theres anything wrong with it please tell me.

Rate Away....

-Alzi-;286;
team has the worst Swords Dance Infernape weak. as well as a lot of other weaks.

needs a lot of rethinking.

Sodding size 1 font fad .____________.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link

@Hunter_RuLe

I will take that in mind.

Nidoqueen EV's are 252 hp / 252 def so it can takes physical hits better and to switch into Heracross and take it hits then aerial ace it until it's dead.

@Fighting_Master

I might try those Hippowdon EV's and see if it works better.

Well i was going to give Jirachi protect but i don't really want to heal it. It's ment to be there for the other members of the team. Like Wish then U-turn to a Pokemon that needs healing.

I was also going to go with the wish + protect combo on blissey but i cannot get a blissey with wish. I will use it on shoddy but this team right now that i posted i'm going to train up soon. So should i go Thunder Wave > Ice Beam on blissey? Since it could get more annoying.

Nidoqueen is working great so far on shoddy.

Also i relised i had Gyarados problems :/ And thanks for the zap cannon set i was going to ask on here for that set but didn't have the time yesterday. And i will go light screen > Earthquake as it seems to work better on the team.

So how is the team looking now?

Last edited:

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
I perfer destiny bond over protect on Gengar, as if they predict and you lock yourself into something like Weavile that can persuit than at least you can take them down too. And hopefully the opponent will be sleeping if you Meanlooked the right thing.

Alzi

Toon link
Protect works well since it makes perish song go down one and that turn they might of woken up so i can hypnosis again.

Also will 40 sp.atk EV's on Forretress KO a Gyarados with zap cannon?

If it does then i might lead with Forretress. Since if i lead with Hippowdon and gyarados comes up as a lead then yeah my team has problems.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
This is the kind of team that makes my brain turn to sludge when fighting.
Because it's very good and annoying.

After a couple of Nasty Plots Life Orb Azelf will sweep (Needs LO to beat Bliss)

@Fighting_Master

I might try those Hippowdon EV's and see if it works better.
might.
.__.
Well i was going to give Jirachi protect but i don't really want to heal it. It's ment to be there for the other members of the team. Like Wish then U-turn to a Pokemon that needs healing.
I don't think you really understand the concept of a stall team.
I was also going to go with the wish + protect combo on blissey but i cannot get a blissey with wish. I will use it on shoddy but this team right now that i posted i'm going to train up soon. So should i go Thunder Wave > Ice Beam on blissey? Since it could get more annoying.
Toxic would aid you more. I can't see Nidoqueen staying in the battle for long enough to lay down spikes, and things that swap into Blissey will hate the Toxic as much/maybe more than the Paralysis.
It also beats random things like Cresselia without rest.
Also i relised i had Gyarados problems :/ And thanks for the zap cannon set i was going to ask on here for that set but didn't have the time yesterday. And i will go light screen > Earthquake as it seems to work better on the team.
Without Earthquake, you're pretty Magneton weak.
So how is the team looking now?
almost no difference, as you still have issues with the same Pokémon.
NOTHING on this team can come in on Garchomp.
You still have issues stalling in the first place.
Also will 40 sp.atk EV's on Forretress KO a Gyarados with zap cannon?
It's a 2HKO with those EVs.

indianunit02

pika...CHU!!!!!
for gyarados get rid of protect and teach thunderbolt for gengar. and then lead with him, it may be crazy but it just might work.

reteach explosion to fortress but use it as a last resort (after all it is a stall team)

For infernape i would suggest using nidoqueen although instead of ev's to def do it to hp.

Other than that i would just quit if i were to face this team.

Last edited:
After a couple of Nasty Plots Life Orb Azelf will sweep (Needs LO to beat Bliss)
AFTER 2 SWORDS DANCES GARCHOMP BEATS EVERYTHING FROM BEHIND A SUBSTITUTE PASSED FROM CELEBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

._________________________________.