• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

stall.

Just don't waste more than one move slot for an attack, IMO. You'll want to take advantage of Tomb's great support moves.

Alzi

Toon link
I was thinking of Calm mind / Nasty Plot set but i'm still not too sure. :|

Alzi

Toon link
BUMP

MAG I NEEDZ YOUR HELP.

Also what is a really good set for spiritomb that will help my team out more?

Alzi

Toon link
Mag do you have a custom made spiritomb in your head that will fit the team well. Also i LOL.

Also i had this weird idea of giving tentacruel choice scarf so it can out speed garchomp and ice beam it since my team is looking weak to it.

Mag do you have a custom made spiritomb in your head that will fit the team well. Also i LOL.

Also i had this weird idea of giving tentacruel choice scarf so it can out speed garchomp and ice beam it since my team is looking weak to it.

I've been using scarf Tentacruel since D/P first came out. It works wonders. It needs roughly 70 speed EVs to outrun Jolly Dugtrio though. Don't try to use it as a Rapid Spinner though. Anyone with a Ghost will basically nullify it.

The Spiritomb I used had Pursuit / Sucker Punch / Pain Split / filler (Hypnosis or Will-O-Wisp, depending on your needs). It worked wonders at spin blocking, since Starmie gets decimated by it. It tears apart weak phychics / ghosts like Gengar, Alakazam, Mismagius, and Azelf.

I highly reccomend Skarmory over Forretress. Instead of Spiritomb, you could use Thunderpunch Dusknoir who works as a Gyarados counter (watch as they Taunt the expected Will-O-Wisp only to get Thunderpunched). Dusknoir can also use Fire Punch for Heracross. Rest won't keep you alive for long without Aromatherapy.

Speaking of which, Aromatherapy Blissey could work over Snorlax since lax isn't going to be switching in on anything with Focus Blast. If you hate Lucario so much stick Fire Blast / Flamethrower on Blissey. Flamethrower has more PP / Accuracy, but Fire Blast 2HKOs Skarmory without any EV investment. 8 PP won't be depleted as fast as you think, if you pair it with Seismic Toss.

Alzi

Toon link
Should i run choice scarf on Tentacruel?

That spiritomb set looks oright should i run your set or the spite set or the nasty plotting set ? So my team can at least sweep some things.

I had blissey before but it was a little :/

Also the only reason skarm would be good on this team is because it has whirlwind but i could give hippowdon roar over stealth rock and give forretress stealth rock would that work?

Last edited:

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Blue Harvest's Spiritomb set is standard and fine, except that either Sucker Punch or Pursuit should be replaced by, say, HP [Fighting] . The comment about Rapid Spin and Ghosts made me laugh though - that, after all, is pretty much the whole point! In any case, the thread owner never had Rapid Spin on Tentacruel.

Blissey in no aspect counters Lucario. You probably already know that and just wasn't thinking straight today. But to be honest, I quite agree that Aromatherapy helps the staying power of this team a lot. In fact, I may have mentioned this somewhere earlier in the first page of the thread.

Skarmory + Dusknoir is with or without, and doesn't make much of a difference.

ScarfTentacruel is workable, but whether or not you should aim for outspeeding Jolly Dugtrio is really debatable, since you're dead either way if it switches in when you're locked into Toxic Spikes/ Knock Off. Aiming for outspeeding Gengar is the borderline, and if you're really that paranoid about Gyarados and want to take HP [Electric] somewhere to help against it, you could also aim to outspeed the fastest version i.e. the one that that DD's to 366 Spd. Of course, if you just want a reassurance, then by all means outspeed Jolly Dugtrio.

Blue Harvest's Spiritomb set is standard and fine, except that either Sucker Punch or Pursuit should be replaced by, say, HP [Fighting] . The comment about Rapid Spin and Ghosts made me laugh though - that, after all, is pretty much the whole point! In any case, the thread owner never had Rapid Spin on Tentacruel.

If he does go for Scarf Tentacruel, Knock Off is probably a bad idea. Rapid Spin or Sludge Bomb work as replacements. Or even Giga Drain or HP Electric.

But Sucker Punch + Pursuit is excellant. Without Sucker Punch, Spiritomb has nothing to really hit hard with. Pursuit prevents Ghosts and such from running away. If you can get HP Fighting, use it over Sucker Punch.

Blissey in no aspect counters Lucario. You probably already know that and just wasn't thinking straight today. But to be honest, I quite agree that Aromatherapy helps the staying power of this team a lot. In fact, I may have mentioned this somewhere earlier in the first page of the thread.

Huh? I meant that Blissey can take Focus Blasts from Gengar / Alakazam, where as Snorlax can't. I should have clarified more...

Skarmory + Dusknoir is with or without, and doesn't make much of a difference.

ScarfTentacruel is workable, but whether or not you should aim for outspeeding Jolly Dugtrio is really debatable, since you're dead either way if it switches in when you're locked into Toxic Spikes/ Knock Off. Aiming for outspeeding Gengar is the borderline, and if you're really that paranoid about Gyarados and want to take HP [Electric] somewhere to help against it, you could also aim to outspeed the fastest version i.e. the one that that DD's to 366 Spd. Of course, if you just want a reassurance, then by all means outspeed Jolly Dugtrio.

If he goes without Knock Off, Giga Drain would give more assurance against Dugtrio. If they don't know you have a Scarf, Dugtrio will almost always attempt to revenge kill you. 70 speed EVs (68, whatever) also outruns plenty of other things. You could put 112 speed EVs on Tenta so you outrun Jolteon, Crobat, and Weavile.

I reccomend removing Knock Off if you go scarf Tenta. Rapid Spin is an option, but in my experiences it doesn't work very well.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
You either use Sucker Punch or you use Pursuit. Using both is just impractical.

Giga Drain does not give more assurance against Dugtrio, unfortunately. Dugtrio attempts to revenge kill Tentacruel. Tentacruel is faster and it lands in a Giga Drain, which does not OHKO. Dugtrio then Earthquakes and Tentacruel is OHKO'd. In short, if Tentacruel is locked into any move barring Surf/ Hydro Pump, it will not matter whether or not it outspeeds Dugtrio. As a side issue, outspeeding Weavile and the 130's is taking it much too far.

Overall, the only moves worth taking over Knock Off are HP [Electric] and Giga Drain, and even then, Knock Off works so well that I can't say I recommend HP [Electric] just for helping against Gyarados.

You either use Sucker Punch or you use Pursuit. Using both is just impractical.

I don't completely agree. While HP fighting is definately worth getting, Sucker Punch / Pursuit can both be worth slots. Pursuit obviously destroys fleeing psychics / ghosts. It is generally more usefull then Sucker Punch. But Sucker Punch also hits with 120 base power. Pursuit will not 2HKO Starmie if it doesn't switch out.

Giga Drain does not give more assurance against Dugtrio, unfortunately. Dugtrio attempts to revenge kill Tentacruel. Tentacruel is faster and it lands in a Giga Drain, which does not OHKO. Dugtrio then Earthquakes and Tentacruel is OHKO'd. In short, if Tentacruel is locked into any move barring Surf/ Hydro Pump, it will not matter whether or not it outspeeds Dugtrio. As a side issue, outspeeding Weavile and the 130's is taking it much too far.

Giga Drain will still do far more then Knock Off. Although the only real use for Giga Drain is Swampert killing. Even then, Swampert and Tentacruel just 2HKO each other.

Overall, the only moves worth taking over Knock Off are HP [Electric] and Giga Drain, and even then, Knock Off works so well that I can't say I recommend HP [Electric] just for helping against Gyarados.

I don't reccomend Giga Drain as much as HP Electric or Sludge Bomb. Super effective Giga Drain has 120 base power. HP Electric hits 140. STAB Sludge Bomb hits 135 neutral. Sludge Bomb can OHKO Breloom, and cripple things switching in with 30% poison. Giga Drain and HP Electric will not OHKO Gyarados or Swampert, and leave you open to retaliatory EQs. DDed or STAB EQs rip Tentacruel apart.

Unless you're really worried about Gyarados or Swampert (Or Mantine / Quagsire...) Sludge Bomb is a decent choice over Knock Off.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
It honestly doesn't matter much whether the moves OHKO Gyarados/ Swampert or not, even if that's all you're using them for. For example, you could taken HP [Ice] on Celebi and while it wouldn't have cured your Garchomp weak, it helps and that's about the whole point.

Sludge Bomb, on the other hand is just meh.

^ True, but Giga Drain is still pretty bad. ^

HP Electric is kind of risky on a scarfer, since the enemy will figure out its scarfed. Easy switch in for grounds and such.

But the same could be said about Sludge Bomb.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Giga Drain really isn't that bad. Life is easy when you're a SpecsTentacruel. All in all, I'm now going to wait and see what the thread owner prefers.

Alzi

Toon link
I might stick with knock off since it's working well on shoddy and i gave it enough speed EV's to outspeed garchomp i think. And repalced gengar with spiritomb since gengar is fragile.

I EDITED THE FIRST POST LOOK AT IT.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
You don't need any EVs to outspeed Garchomp. 8 is borderline to get the jump on Azelf and company, though. 204 HP is only for Leftovers recovery and now that you're Scarfed, feel free to buff it up. There is also the technicality that you simply cannot guarantee a KO on Garchomp with your Tentacruel unless with a +SAtk nature. Naturally, this would be possible if you had some layers of Spikes down/ residual damage.

252 HP/ 80 Def/ 176 SDef Careful Spiritomb.

Alzi

Toon link
As i said i am bad on EV's and i am sure you will give me some EV's for jirachi mag. :)

And thanks for Spiritomb EV's.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
When using very bulky jirachi just go with this (since you arleady got sp.def handled in your team):

Jirachi@Leftovers
Impish Nature
240 HP / 236 Def / 32 Spe

Some Atk evs are nice with Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/U-turn and some Sp.atk is cool with Thunder/Doom Desire (Take them away from def). Serene Grace makes them all viable. Personally I like the more standard better overall:

240 HP / 76 Def / 160 SpD / 32 Spe

Last edited:
236 HP / 216 Def / 24 Spd / 32 SDef
Impish Nature

For SDef based one, just simply swap Def and SDef round, and swap to a Calm/Careful Nature.