• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

stall.

Alzi

Toon link
I posted this again since my other thread died when i edited some pokemon and i was a noob sorta back then lol. I tried to make a stall that consist of all the major annoying things.

450.png

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Impish 236 hp / 232 def / 40 sp.def
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Ok first thing i realise here are the EV's arn't so good so mag better come in here and post. This thing starts of sandstorm and sets up stealth rock. Slack Off to heal and Earthquake for Stab. Ice Fang for Heracross or i might be thinking of switching for either thunder fang or fire fang but not sure which might help my team the most.

385.png

Jirachi@Leftovers
Trait: Serence Grace
Impish 236 hp / 216 def / 24 spd / 32 sp.def
-Wish
-U-turn
-Zen Headbutt
-Protect

It is awsome. First things first, This resists the Sandstorm which is a heads up since i can stall with wish + protect. U-turn can work after i did a wish so i do a hit and run and switch to a counter or a team mate that needs healing. And Zen Headbutt can flinch and now has a bigger chance of flinching because of Serence Grace and it also takes care of Heracross for me. And it also helps Forretress.

143.png

Snorlax@Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Careful 204 hp / 52 def / 252 sp.def
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Special wall. Replaced this over blissey as it is just like a blissey but can fire back attacks harder and can take status and fire and ice moves are lol to it. Earthquake to hurt infernape and lucario if they think they can switch into it.

442.png

Spiritomb@Leftovers
Careful 252 hp / 80 def / 176 sp.def
-Taunt
-Pain Split
-Pursuit
-Hypnosis

I decided to go Spiritomb > Gengar as gengar was to fragile and has low defenses to let it stall. While Spiritomb is nice as it has taunt to stop things from boosting up their stats. Pain split is nice to recover and goes nice with the pp stall. Pursuit to trap things on the switch and goes is nice using it on starmie.

73.png

Tentacruel@Choice Scarf
Trait: Liquid Ooze
Calm 252 hp / 24 spd / 84 sp.atk / 148 Sp.def
-Toxic Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Knock Off

It will set up toxic spikes for me. So i can stall with jirachi in the sandstorm. Surf for infernape and ice beam for dragons choice scarf so it can outrun and fool garchomp. Knock off so they cannot recover well in the sandstorm if they hold leftovers.

205.png

Forretress@Leftovers
Relaxed 252 hp / 216 def / 40 sp.atk
-Zap Cannon
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Reflect

Gyara counter since it gives my team trouble. And also my weavile counter. Rapid spin so my opponent doesn't try it's own stall. Spikes to make the stall even funner. Reflect helps jirachi against earthquakes and just helps out the team so i can stall more easy.

If people tell me to change anything i will test it on shoddy then train it up as a team and use it on wi-fi.

Rate Away....

Last edited:

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
First of all, Hippo is at risk of being 2HKOed by Heracross so I'd suggest you don't switch it in. Ice Fang is fine. There isn't much of a Heracross weak, in any case. Hippo goes 236 HP/ 232 Def/ 40 SDef.

Jirachi doesn't even need to take care of Heracross. I'd stick to 236 HP/ 216 Def/ 32 Spd/ 20 SDef Impish, which takes you over TTar and friends.

When you have Toxic Spikes down, you might want to reconsider Thunder Wave on Blissey. If Toxic Spikes is going to stay there, neither this nor Body Slam on a potential Snorlax is going to be desirable.

Rather big Garchomp weak, obviously. You might also have trouble taking out Cresselia and her friends. Spiritomb would lessen the problem slightly with Pain Split.

EDIT: You probably won't be using Hidden Powers, yes?

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link

Hippo is like a revenge kill to heracross. And with those EV's are they the ones that most people use here. And i want to know why it has 40 sp.def for i know it's there for a reason but need some teaching on why it is there.

The reason why jirachi also needs to take care of Heracross is because just in case Hippowdon dies before i even know that the opponent has a Heracross so it's like a back up for me. Also yeah i need more information on Jirachi's Ev's since i am not so good with Ev's.

Thunder Wave is for things that can absorb the toxic spikes. But if i go with snorlax do you think i can take out more things with it then blissey can? But Blissey is cool since it can stall with seismic toss.

I relised my garchomp weak on shoddy lol. But i can come around it if i've gotten some layers down but not so well. So should i go Spiritomb > Gengar? Gengar has perish trap and spiritomb has pp stall but gengar can also cause switches by just using perish trap so i am not sure.

Hidden power i will use even on wi-fi if it makes my team better i mean i am very patient and woudn't mind a year of hatching for 1 pokemon that long.

Also would skarm > Forretress be better since it's got whirlwind to cause switching and can take hits better and doesn't need wish support but then i loose a gyara counter and somthing to use reflect to reduce garchomp damage.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead

Hippo is like a revenge kill to heracross. And with those EV's are they the ones that most people use here. And i want to know why it has 40 sp.def for i know it's there for a reason but need some teaching on why it is there.

where is "here"?

Revenge killers usually have to be faster than what theyre supposed to be revenge killing, besides revenge killing isnt the best way of dealing with threats im sure you know

The reason why jirachi also needs to take care of Heracross is because just in case Hippowdon dies before i even know that the opponent has a Heracross so it's like a back up for me. Also yeah i need more information on Jirachi's Ev's since i am not so good with Ev's.

Quite situational really and diminishing a poke's purpose and usefulness for one poke is also not very smart or worth it really

Thunder Wave is for things that can absorb the toxic spikes. But if i go with snorlax do you think i can take out more things with it then blissey can? But Blissey is cool since it can stall with seismic toss.
Snorlax is seriously underrated, it makes an incredible special wall, almost as good as Blissey, as it also gets 2HKO by Luke's Aura Sphere, and can usually OHKO it with EQ given its taken a small hit, where as Blissey just sits there and takes it. And can actually fight Gengar, given it has Crunch, where as Blissey is slept and has to switch out or face rapeage while its asleep

Snorlax @ Lefties
Careful
204 HP, 52 Def, 252 S.Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- EQ

if youre interested, EQ is there for making Luke and Ape switch in regret coming in, Crunch for Gengar and friends

Why does Forretress have 40 S.Atk Evs? Zap Cannon is simply meant to paralyze Gyara, EV investment isnt making a difference at all in KOing him, put them in S.Def where its needed

Alzi

Toon link
Danbaru confused me when he said hippo is at risk of getting 2KO'ed so i said hippowdon was ment to revenge kill heracross for no reason really.

I understood every word on the jirachi talk. : ]

Yes snorlax is cool. So i am going to replace it over blissey now. Earthquake i see as a better option over body slam as it takes care of some of my weakness but body slam is good since it can give out status but won't fit in well. And i still need a good garchomp counter that will fit well in the team. Hmm Spiritomb > Gengar.

40 sp.atk Ev's is needed. As if all it is going to do is paralyze gyarados my team will still have a weak to it. The idea is to do almost more then 50% damage on it so it switches out then thinks twice before switching in again on a stealth rock.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.

First of all, Hippo can't revenge kill Heracross. Revenge kills don't work anyway unless it's a Pursuit-user or Dugtrio. The EVs will give you maximum Leftovers recovery, ~363 Def, which is virtually a benchmark, and it helps surviving Life Orbed Ice Beams from Jolly/ Adamant TTar.

Jirachi's spread allows you to outspeed TTar and friends, gives you 400 HP and a healthy Def. The remaining EVs can be thrown anywhere you like.

Heracross isn't much of a problem. Play them around with prediction and switch in Ghosts on Close Combats/ Forretress on Megahorns. Heracross won't last long with the hazards and Sandstorm.

You'll have to test it and tell us.

I relised my garchomp weak on shoddy lol. But i can come around it if i've gotten some layers down but not so well. So should i go Spiritomb > Gengar? Gengar has perish trap and spiritomb has pp stall but gengar can also cause switches by just using perish trap so i am not sure.

Spiritomb helps against Cresselia, whether you're running Pain Split or RestTalk. Once again, I question how useful Hypnosis on Gengar, or Spiritomb, for that matter, is going to be if you're going to focus on the Spikes.

Also would skarm > Forretress be better since it's got whirlwind to cause switching and can take hits better and doesn't need wish support but then i loose a gyara counter and somthing to use reflect to reduce garchomp damage. [/size]

I wouldn't suggest it. Also, if you're a Wish addict like I am, you can even make Blissey another Wisher. However, Aromatherapy looks like it benefits your team much better, if you want to be safe with out-stalling your opponents.

EDIT: Looks like Blue Ace beat me to the punch.

Alzi

Toon link

Wait does mag run those EV's on Hippowdon?

Ok i will go with those Ev's on jirachi.

Snorlax > Blissey it is without testing as i can't be bothered at the moment.

Hypnosis is there for things that abosrb spikes and somtimes i don't even get to lay them down if i play wrong. But i need more people to post and say Spritomb > Gengar so i get a better idea.

I can't get wish on blissey since i will be using this on wi-fi. But i can on shoddy but still i want to make this team as i can actually breed it on diamond and train it.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.

Wait does mag run those EV's on Hippowdon?

Ok i will go with those Ev's on jirachi.

Snorlax > Blissey it is without testing as i can't be bothered at the moment.

Hypnosis is there for things that abosrb spikes and somtimes i don't even get to lay them down if i play wrong. But i need more people to post and say Spritomb > Gengar so i get a better idea.

I can't get wish on blissey since i will be using this on wi-fi. But i can on shoddy but still i want to make this team as i can actually breed it on diamond and train it.

Yes, he does.

Last edited:

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Consider Shadow Ball > Protect on Gengar, since you will be using hypnosis anyway. And You need something to take down the likes of Cresselia / Dusknoir more easily, as the can pretty much wall you now.

I don't really like a Snorlax without it's body slam, but you seem to need this moveset to take care of both Heatran and Azelf. Looks pretty good overall.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Forgot to mention that Lax easily wins stall wars with Cress, might want to pump some PP Ups into Crunch though. Its a 3HKO on Cress as is, but with a - Def hax abuse from Crunch it becomes a comfortable 2HKO IIRC, though SR and SS are your friends, making it a more possible 2HKO w/o the hax

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Forgot to mention that Lax easily wins stall wars with Cress, might want to pump some PP Ups into Crunch though. Its a 3HKO on Cress as is, but with a - Def hax abuse from Crunch it becomes a comfortable 2HKO IIRC, though SR and SS are your friends, making it a more possible 2HKO w/o the hax

IIRC, crunch on a cres does less damage then a 3HKO

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
IIRC, crunch on a cres does less damage then a 3HKO

Thats why I also said "iirc" as well as im not completely sure of it

I use Lax myself and thats what ive seen from field experience anyway, people seem to forget it has an impressive base 110 Atk to feed off of

But lets see some Calcs then just to be sure either way

Bold 252 HP / 108 Def Cress: 20.50% - 24.10%

Bold 204 HP/ 180 Def Cress: 19.91% - 23.38%

Bold: 252 HP/ 252 Def Cress (Overkill set): 18.47% - 21.62%

Modest 32 HP/ 252 Def Cress (Crap CM set): 23.14% - 26.99%

All Lefties recovery is negated thanks to Sandstorm, and an additional 12% more to each in case of Stealth Rock, makes a rough 3HKO. Not to mention if you can get lucky and abuse Crunch's effect. While Cress does jack to you but stall PP, you can get more free Crunches through Sleep Talk a third of the time though. However Reflect Cress is a problem

Seems like it would be wise to put some Atk Evs on Lax over defense, Lax shouldnt really be staying on any physical attackers anyway. Mag's Lax set that I told you about before is: 212 HP, 80 Def, 216 S.Def. changing the Def Evs for Atk helps guarantee a 3HKO on the 2 former sets for what its worth, given SR aid as said before

Seems like Shadow Ball on Gengar or Spirtomb is a more tempting idea now

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Ok i am going to go with those Hippowdon Ev's. They seem good since Hippowdon does have good atk so i see how it works now. And now the 40 sp.def Ev's are making sense to me.

Ok i will go with shadow ball on gengar but would it be better to switch it with a spritomb as it can pp stall which is very nice in stall teams. And perish song + mean look doesn't work so often??

And mag's EV sets are so good.

And i am glad some one said ''Looks pretty good overall.'' I'm happy now. : ]

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Do you know a good set for it since i haven't used Spiritomb much and don't have much experience with it.

Also where is mag.

mrgamesmaster

Master of Games
There's some Spiritomb sets on Smogon. I'm working on an attacker one myself atm. Got the nature and everything. Just the hard part would be getting it so that the Hidden Power is Fighting. I may end up using another move instead of that to take advantage of the Sp. Atk, but haven't decided yet.

Alzi

Toon link
That didn't help me. Yes i know there are spiritomb sets on smogom but i think mag has somthing special up his mind for a better spiritomb set that works better then the smogon ones?

Not an expert myself, but I like
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Sucker Punch
- Will 'O Wisp / Hypnosis