• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stalling in the rain is..... wet

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Stalling is one of my favorite ways to battles. Requires little prediction (Which may be my downfall) and just makes the battle longer which provokes more ragequits, which makes laddering easier :)

Anyways, this includes rain, one of my favorite weathers. Rainstall is pretty fun and halves fire, but doubles water moves.

I have had issues with this team and I am trying to figure out if this is a issue with me or with the team. So, without further ado, my team :)

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Protect
- Scald
- Encore
- Perish Song

This is my own set from my first rainstall team. It one of my favorite stalltoad set to use. He brings the much needed rain to this team. Protect lets him scout choiced pokemon, mainly Rotom-W. Scald is there to burn things like Rotom on the switch, Scizor, and other physical pokemon. Encore+Perish Song+Protect is an amazing combination. Encore a boosting move, Perish Song, then use Scald. Protect on the next turn and at the end of that turn their perish count will go to 1 and be forced to switch or die. It works really well and still out-speeds Reuniculas.

The Ev's are there to take special hits well. He is no way a wall, just being bulky. He can easily take a Scarfed Rotom-W's Volt-Switch (40%-48%) and hit the switch-in with a Scald (Mainly Scizor who is severely weakened bu a burn).

Synergy:
Electric: Gliscor
Grasss: None

195.gif

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Quagsire is good for stopping Set-up sweepers. With its ability, Unaware, it just ignores the boosts and can then fire off Scalds and Earthquakes to try and weaken the foe. Scald is used for the chance to burn the opponent and Earthquake is for Toxicroak and CMRachi. Recover is so Quagsire can heal up and take repeated hits. Toxic is for quickly killing foes hitting grass types on the switch.

Ev's are so Quagsire can handle most physical boosters and stall tehm with Toxic.

Synergy:
Grass: None

477.gif

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

This, I feel, is my weakest link, but he does so much. He is my spin blocker, TTar lure, and burns Scizor and Ferrothorn so Gyarados's subs won't break. I want to add Shadow Sneak or Shadow Punch to help deal Starmie, who is a real threat to this team, but TTar is more popular. He is bulky though and adds a ghost type that isn't part water.... (Totally not singling out Jellicent)
He helps with Heatran. Focus Punch is a solid 2HKO and Fire Blast can't break my sub in the rain (19%-23%) unless a flash fire boost is acquired. Flash Fire boosted Lava Plume does (19%-23%) and also cannot break my sub ever. While Heatran isn't a threat, it is an example of his bulkiness and the power of Focus Punch.

I need help with this slot. He is nice, but, like I said, he seems like my weakest link. He is the only defensive spin-blocker that can burn, has reliablish recovery (which works well with Substitute) and is not part water. He is also a way to lure out TTar and kill it quickly, or weaken it early. He needs to be replace in my opinion, but do not know with who.

Synergy:
Ghost: None
Dark: None

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

SubProtect Gliscor is really amazing at stalling things out. If a Reuniculas comes in I can easily stall it out with Sub+Protect. Protect also allows Gliscor to scout out choiced pokemon and switch to the appropriate counter. Toxic allows him to stall things like types that Earthquake won't hit and also nails Rotom-W on the switch.

The Ev's are to make him Physically. Speed ev's are not too necessary as Lucario and Toxicroak are handled by Dusknoir and Gyardos.

Synergy:
Ice: Politoad
Water: Politoad, Gyarados

113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock/Protect
- Seismic Toss

My Special wall, WishPasser, and Cleric. She can easily takes special hits and can take a few weak physical hits too. Her HUGE Hp stat allows her to heal the rest of my team by at least 3/4 of their total hp. This also helps alleviate some hazard damage done by all the numerous switching. Heal Bell allows her to heal status on my team. It will occasionally affect Gliscor's Toxic Orb, but he generally has no problem getting it back up. She is my dedicated SR user as of now. I am tempter to try SV Gliscor with SR to help with Sand teams and give Chansey Protect, but I really like using Gliscor as a status absorber. Seismic Toss is so she can deal some damage and won't be taunt bait.

Ev's are so she can take weak physical hits better and to get the most beefy wish possible.

Synergy:
Fighting: Gliscor, Gyarados

130.gif

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 80 HP / 224 Atk / 20 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
SubDDGyarados is an amazing cleaner. He can come up as the correct opponents are burned/paralyzed and setup with ease. Substitute helps with Rotom-W and helps Gyarados setup by protecting him from status and weakened hits. Waterfall is his main STAB move. It is rain boosted and after some boosts, hit really REALLY hard. Bounce hits foes like Ferrothorn and helps gain leftover recovery. Moxie is used over intimidate because it much better for cleaning up. A +1 attack boost is always welcomed when killing 3 or 4 things.

Synergy:
Electric: Gliscor, Quagsire
Rock: Quagsire

What this team has:
Mutiple ways to burn Ferrothorn and Scizor
Stealth Rocks
Cleaner
Spin Blocker
Cleric
Wish

Thanks for reading!

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Protect
- Scald
- Encore
- Perish Song

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 80 HP / 224 Atk / 20 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Last edited:

Vandslaux

You are missing a lot of Ferro's EVs.

coolminun

Banned
As for wish passing, you could go with a defensive rachi. Pump it full of defensive and hp evs. I'm just brainstorming XD
How about
Jirachi@ leftovers
Timid/modest/Calm/bold
Calm mind/Cosmic power
Wish
Thunder/Doom desire
u-turn

So, I'm thinking that you could go with whichever nature based on the moveset chosen. By using thunder, you take advantage of that serene grace and get a 60% chance paralysis from a 100% thunder

Calm mind boosts your sp atk and sp def so you can hit harder with thunder or doom desire, and with calm mind the bold nature works well because you put the evs in defense. Cosmic defense makes you an incredible wall and you can use modest for more power with your offensive moves.

Doom desire may seem like a terrible move, but a STAB base 140 atk is nothing to laugh at especially since it will hit neutrally on most opponents.
turn 1= domm desire
turn 2=wish
turn 3=U turn
Because you switch out with u turn, you get to pass the wish, heal your next poke and the opponent gets blasted which means greater chance of ko due to added damage from entry hazards and doom desire.

So, you make it hard for your opponent to kill you, switch out when you need to, heal your team mates, stall longer by paralyzing opponents, blast with powerful attacks, and constant healing via lefties or wish. Also, only really have to worry about ground moves because fire is halved from rain. But with the defenses, passive recovery, and switching via u-turn, you should survive pretty well.

How does that sound? Literally just thought this up lol.

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

As for wish passing, you could go with a defensive rachi. Pump it full of defensive and hp evs. I'm just brainstorming XD
How about
Jirachi@ leftovers
Timid/modest/Calm/bold
Calm mind/Cosmic power
Wish
Thunder/Doom desire
u-turn

So, I'm thinking that you could go with whichever nature based on the moveset chosen. By using thunder, you take advantage of that serene grace and get a 60% chance paralysis from a 100% thunder

Calm mind boosts your sp atk and sp def so you can hit harder with thunder or doom desire, and with calm mind the bold nature works well because you put the evs in defense. Cosmic defense makes you an incredible wall and you can use modest for more power with your offensive moves.

Doom desire may seem like a terrible move, but a STAB base 140 atk is nothing to laugh at especially since it will hit neutrally on most opponents.
turn 1= domm desire
turn 2=wish
turn 3=U turn
Because you switch out with u turn, you get to pass the wish, heal your next poke and the opponent gets blasted which means greater chance of ko due to added damage from entry hazards and doom desire.

So, you make it hard for your opponent to kill you, switch out when you need to, heal your team mates, stall longer by paralyzing opponents, blast with powerful attacks, and constant healing via lefties or wish. Also, only really have to worry about ground moves because fire is halved from rain. But with the defenses, passive recovery, and switching via u-turn, you should survive pretty well.

How does that sound. Literally just thought this up lol.
Yeah I've seen Doom Desire been used well. I willtry it over ferro, but he does hold my team up pretty well.... I'll have to try it.

Xenevix

Some Guy
You rely a lot on Ferrothorn for synergy, I suggest you try to lessen that a bit. But this would mean replacing a few of your members. As for a wish passer and Cleric I suggest Blissey with Aromatherapy.

You also have three guys weak to Electic with Ferrothorn being tour only resitor. If you get caught with a Rotom taking advantage of the rain with Thunder you're in trouble. And nothing on your team resists flying so any spec'd Tornadus or Dragonite that comes in with Hurricane can cause problems Maybe Swampert, Quagsire, or Gastrodon can fix this. Each can learn Stealth Rock as well.

Your team isn't complete Taunt bait but it is sure close to it Taunt will ruin most of your guys.

Any Pokemon with Guts will ruin your team. Ex: Conkeldurr, Ursaring, and Swellow.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

You rely a lot on Ferrothorn for synergy, I suggest you try to lessen that a bit. But this would mean replacing a few of your members. As for a wish passer and Cleric I suggest Blissey with Aromatherapy.

I'm going to try to split up the roles of Ferrothorn and Cleric between Celebi and Steelix.

You also have three guys weak to Electic with Ferrothorn being tour only resitor. If you get caught with a Rotom taking advantage of the rain with Thunder you're in trouble. And nothing on your team resists flying so any spec'd Tornadus or Dragonite that comes in with Hurricane can cause problems Maybe Swampert, Quagsire, or Gastrodon can fix this. Each can learn Stealth Rock as well.

Going to add Celebi+Steelix to help deal with Hurricaners and Rotom-W

Your team isn't complete Taunt bait but it is sure close to it Taunt will ruin most of your guys.

Any Pokemon with Guts will ruin your team. Ex: Conkeldurr, Ursaring, and Swellow.
Actually those are pretty much handled by Dusknior as a -Nature Conkeldur is slower than Dusknoir so I can just sub stall and with some switches, wear it down. But it can be an issue to my team.

Comments in bold

Vandslaux

Most Hurricanes will still 2-3HKO Steelix.

Chocolate_Scizor

Zorua. Like a boss.
Hello there Kale! Loos like more poeple found some more weaknesses to my team, so don't rely on me to rate it. xP

Well. Seeing as how you want a pokemon that's also a cleric and a wish passer, look no further than the pokemon Chansey or Blissey! And as note earlier in one of the other posts Chansey or Blissey also cover up some other weaknesses to your team, Tornadus and also provides Stealth Rock and Aromatherapy. As another Celebi is a great addition to this team, but Jirachi will also work just as well as Celebi. An EV spread for Jirachi of 240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with an Impish nature, will allow it to take physical hits and special hits just as well. Providing Wish and Stealth Rock the same time, something your team does need. Gliscor would also be a great addition to the team providing some insurances to things like Conkeldurr, Scizor, while Jirachi OR BLissey allows it to create some nice defensive synergy. It also allows you to counter things like Landorus, which in Sandstorm seems to be a bit of a problem. Gliscor is also a great Stall breaker, and can function as a type of late game sweeper.

Sorry for not looking deep enough last time when we battled. >.<

Kalslaffin

Herping the Durp
If its stall you're going for, try Stallicolo.

Ludicolo: ability: rain dish @leftovers
Bold Nature: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spe
Leech seed
Toxic/giga drain
Protect
Substitute

Can stall like crazy, getting leech seed, leftovers, and rain dish recovery, and in perminate rain there's no stopping this guy.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

If its stall you're going for, try Stallicolo.

Ludicolo: ability: rain dish @leftovers
Bold Nature: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spe
Leech seed
Toxic/giga drain
Protect
Substitute

Can stall like crazy, getting leech seed, leftovers, and rain dish recovery, and in perminate rain there's no stopping this guy.

Over who? I'm thinking Quag