• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

stand alone Pokemon

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
What I hate is, you really like a standalone Pokemon, and it gets an evolution. Then you don't like the evolution, and don't use the Pokemon
at all because you feel if you are going to use it, it should be fully evolved. Prevolutions don't matter as much, though.

Eviolite, bro.

I don't really like the ideas of standalone Pokemon. First off, they're usually pretty mediocre compared to FE Pokemon. That is the main reason why, in the competitive standpoint, all standalone Pokemon tend to be RU or NU, with some exceptions like Sableye (ability). Of course, that's not a general statement. There are great FE Pokemon like Skarmory, but if I remember correctly, GS had them pretty late into the game.

killercloud

I like to have evolutions of pokemon when I'm going through the game for the first time because I like not knowing what they are gong to evolve into when they are new (so sometimes I may get one that is a standalone) but I used to like a lot of stand alones when creating my party but now thwey have evolutions or prevolutions. Snorlax and Onix were two of my favourites but I don't like Steelix at all. Munchlax doesn't bother me because it i a prevolution but I can't use Electabuzz or Magmar anymore because I don't like their evolutions. I just hope that they don't ever evolve Lucario because I love that as it is.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Eviolite, bro.

I don't really like the ideas of standalone Pokemon. First off, they're usually pretty mediocre compared to FE Pokemon. That is the main reason why, in the competitive standpoint, all standalone Pokemon tend to be RU or NU, with some exceptions like Sableye (ability). Of course, that's not a general statement. There are great FE Pokemon like Skarmory, but if I remember correctly, GS had them pretty late into the game.

Yeah but not everything can benefit from Eviolite actually.

I generally like stand alone Pokémon since there designs are quite nice personally. Plus I've seen others wanting evolutions of some Pokémon like Dunsparce, Luvdisc, and Farfetch'd. To be honest I think not every Pokémon should evolve as some should be left the way they are.

Mew The Gato

It also rises questions such as if there's something wrong with their genetic lines or something. How come such a small percentage can NOT evolve, or are we still just lacking means to it? Maybe every Pokémon species has an incoded ability to evolve twice (even three or four times), but the means just haven't been found yet.

This is supported by the fact that Professor Juniper in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 says, "No one has found a way to evolve this Pokemon," instead of, "This Pokemon cannot evolve."

Bbran5

I think some Pokemon are barely used and not popular because they are stand alone Pokemon. Pinsir comes to mind.

Lehane

I am not one of those that spout about patterns in the games but it would look like 1, 3, and 5 introduced a lot of them as those were the where we got the most new Pokemon. 2 and 4 added pre-evolutions and evolutions to existing. I would be willing to bet that 6 will do the same as 2 and 4. We already know one with Sylveon. As for the stand-alones, 5 added a ton of them and there are still several from 3 that have not received a new stage.

Cmack102

Absol! Absol! Absol! Although, I do love Absol, it's actually perfectly fine the way it is..
~
Also Dunsparce needs to evolve into a super bad-*** Dragon Type, just for the heck of it.

Hidden_Power

I like stand alone Pokemons and disliked that some of them were given pre-evo or evolutions. Magmar, for example, I'm okay with Magby, but Magmortar was monstruous. The same goes for Electivire.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
if anything needs an evolution, it's farfetch'd. It's pretty terrible by comparison to other standalone pokemon

Cutty

Forever now
I like some standalone pokemon I hope they wont get any evos like Lapras and Heracross. Some really need second evo or I can picture the baby evo like Qwilfish, Farfectch'D, Kangashkan, etc you guys have mentioned before.
I can see there will be more new evos/pre evos for the standalone in Gen 6, I just hope they'd do some justice to those pokemon...

Unoin

I prefer standalones over Pokemon with baby and future evos. Babies are not too bad because their cute and don't change the original family member. But I don't like future evos unless there is a big change from the original

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I really dislike Scizor. Not a big fan of Probopass either, although I never really liked Nosepass. But Scyther should have stayed stand alone.

You gotta be kidding, I'm in love with Scizor!

I'm personally gald Roselia is no longer a standalone. For it to have a pre-evolution alongside an evolution really gave that pokemon some value!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
You gotta be kidding, I'm in love with Scizor!

I'm personally gald Roselia is no longer a standalone. For it to have a pre-evolution alongside an evolution really gave that pokemon some value!

It's the only one who had such treatment.

Roselia alone was pretty mediocre, but Roserade is pretty good, getting Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Natural Cure.

But... Speaking of Gen III Standalone Grass Types, I really like Tropius.

Altough, I'm conflicted with it. I both want it to be standalone, and have a Prevo at the same time.

Oh, and Absol Prevo would be adorable.

Cmack102

LAPRAS NEEDS TO EVOLVE INTO ICE/DRAGON KTHX.

Also Dunsparce and Stunfish.
Kangashkan would be a cool Fighting/Ground or Normal/Ground
It would be pretty cool to give Unown a new forme if you catch enough, they merge together or something?
Qwilfish and Corsola.
STANTLER<3

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
LAPRAS NEEDS TO EVOLVE INTO ICE/DRAGON KTHX.

Also Dunsparce and Stunfish.
Kangashkan would be a cool Fighting/Ground or Normal/Ground
It would be pretty cool to give Unown a new forme if you catch enough, they merge together or something?
Qwilfish and Corsola.
STANTLER<3

Lapras... No. Lapras is good enough as it is.

Dunsparce would be cool as Normal Dragon, altough it's Serene Grace is insane in some cases.

StunfisK is actually good.

Kangaskan... Why? Why don't you want it's prevo to be a Poké? (It looks so wrong to see it have a baby while hatching out of an egg)

Unown already had 26 Formes, and then had two more added on. Plus, it has pretty much no reason to exist anyway other than mythology and script.

Qwilfish, I actually want to evolve and have Hugh reveal he was wearing it this whole time.

Corsola is so horrid, it needs it.

Stantler? Eh, I guess.

Luvdisc, I kinda want to have it get a Signature Move. I mean, the only feature it has is Heart Scale farming.
Don't say the Alomomola thing, the two look completely different, and are different species of fish (yes, I know Surskit/Masquerain, but the two are already related). Plus, Luvdisc is as thin as a CD, and then you have this fat... thing.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I really dislike Scizor. Not a big fan of Probopass either, although I never really liked Nosepass. But Scyther should have stayed stand alone.

The thing with Scyther is it has the same base-stat total as Scizor, so it honestly doesn't matter that much.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The thing with Scyther is it has the same base-stat total as Scizor, so it honestly doesn't matter that much.

Hum, but the two have slightly different focuses.

By that logic Froslass and Glalie shouldn't be related.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Hum, but the two have slightly different focuses.

By that logic Froslass and Glalie shouldn't be related.

Froslass isn't an evolution of Glalie though, Scizor IS an evolution of Scyther. I'm just saying Scyther is perfectly viable even with the existence of Scizor.