• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

standard ou team

qwerty1111

breeder/battler
i am planning to make a good ou team whereas before i just took random pokemon and went into battle
any feedback helps!

1. ;452;-impish
battle armor, black sludge
evs- 252 in hp, 40 in defense, 160 in sp defence, 58 in speed
toxic spikes
whirlwind
knock off
protect
this is going to be a lead
this will absorb any toxic spikes that have been set out on my side and then set up its own toxic spikes. it will keep using whirlwind/ protect to toxic stall or to get other pokemon poisoned unless they are already burned by cresslia

2. ;485;heatran-timid
flash fire, life orb
evs: 252 in speed, 252 in special attack, 6, in hp
stealth rocks
explosion
lava plume/fire blast
earth power
my special sweeper to some extent
it can set up stealth rocks or explode on dragonites/gyarados' that want to set up. i chose lava plume over fire blast because lava plume has a 30% chance to burn
i also having this on the team to counter scizors

3. ;245;suicune-timid
pressure, leftovers
evs: 200 in speed, 58 in special attack, 100 in hp, 152 in defense
calm mind
surf
ice beam
shadow ball
another special sweeper
it acts like a physical/special wall.
shadow ball is for gengars

4. ;461;weavile-adamant
pressure, life orb
evs: 252 in speed, 252 in attack, 6 in hp
night slash
brick break
ice shard
ice punch
another physical sweeper
its purpose it to take out any existing dragon types/tyranitars or to do as much damage before fainting
it will also help revenge kill

5. ;488;cresselia-bold
levitate, flame orb/leftovers/light clay
evs: 252 in hp, 200 in sp defense, 58 in sp attack
moonlight
ice beam
psychic
psycho shift/light screen/reflect
this is going to be my special wall
flame orb is to burn the cresselia and then psycho shift it to any physical attackers
or it can be a dual screener

6. ;373;Salamence-jolly
intimidate, lum berry
evs: 252 in speed, 252 in attack, 6, in hp
dragon dance
outrage/dragon claw
earthquake
stone edge
this is going to be my physical sweeper
a few ddances and then sweep.

i am having trouble deciding whether drapion, weavile, or salamence should be the lead. please post your opinions/feeback/advice

Last edited:

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Your salamence will have a hard time sweeping if it's a lead, as 1 dd won't do much to a Toxic heal Gliscor, you would need a few to do it correctly, but seems good, explosion is nerfed, so sealth rocks it is,

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
woops thinking of 5th gen, but Gliscor is still a decent wall, Fellow CB/ CS ( whatever is speed) can hit you quite good.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Drapion, hazards are best at the start of a match than later in, if your enemy has a ground type Drap can't swap, and your stuck. Weavile should be a late game sweep as the speed and att really only deal with dented pokes.

PurpleSwampert

4th gen 8/10 skills
First of all, No offense to shadow burnt, but you seem to be More of fifth gen dude, prob shouldn't be here, just sayin'.
Anyways, I for one am from Fourth Gen, and I will try not to be mean, but Im going to a bit strict and say that:

Salamence: shouldn't be lead, but if you wanna keep it give it DragonDance, Outrage,(if you keep the lum, D-Claw if not), Eq, and either Stone edge or Crunch. Most pokemon u see are not gonna mind T-fang, and Gyara will die to Stone Edge anyway even with Intimidate.

Heatran: Gonna say right now, Wise glasses suck. Only a 10% multiplicative boost is horrible. Either go scarf or at least go Life Orb. I suggest scarf w/ Fire Blast, Earth Power, Hidden Power (of any type that helps ur team), and Explosion (Flash Cannon has horrible coverage; only gets two types, both of which you already can get for Super Effective Damage)

Suicune: should have Rest with a Chesto Berry or Be a Mono-Attacking Sleep talker w/ CM, Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf, 252 hp 252 def. I know some pokemon are immune/resistant to water, but trust me once you get them out of the way it'll sweep real well. with Suicune's Bulk it won't mind the slowness. The problem with your current one is that it has no way of healing; Leftovers doesn't really help unless it has Rest.

Weavile: alright, but I suggest you might wanna go jolly natured. And I suggest Life Orb over Sash; Stealth Rocks are Everywhere and it's gonna become useless. Otherwise, good. If you need a lead, but wanna keep these pokemon; look at the bottom of this post, I have a pretty good weavile lead down there.

Cresselia: Be Cautios w/ Psycho Shift; You need good prediction to use it, and it's only good when you can heal the burn; losing 12% health each turn is not very good, even with Moonlight. I suggest using T-wave to stop any sweepers; Cresselia is bulky enough to take plenty Non-Super-Effective hits on either side of the spectrum; Even if the moves are STAB (at least the great majority of the time) Cresselia might also wanna be a Dual Screen Setter With Light Clay (extends the life of the screens to 8 turns instead of 5) to help it's lesser bulky teamates switch in and dominate.

Drapion: I like your set, just that, take away the speed (unless you DESPERATELY need to outspeed something,) and put in either defense or special defense. Also, Forget Swagger; dont risk the 50% of the time the opponent will atk and eventually snap out of confusion.

Comments: Salamence technically isn't OU, It is considered Uber in Fourth generation. Dragonite can pretty much do anything Mence can do; Bar Crunch.
Might wanna replace Drapion with Tentacruel; Tenta I believe has quite better HP, but I could be wrong on that. And Do you have any core? I don't Really see one; but if these pokemon work for you they work for you.

WOW this is a wall of text. Sorry :\
Oh, btw; If you wanna keep these pokemon, but want a lead, Do:
weavile @ Focus Sash;
Ice Punch/Ice Shard/Fake Out/Night Slash
252 atk/252speed/Jolly Natured
Takes care of most common leads; Can also come in later and Sweep if need be.

Last edited:

PurpleSwampert

4th gen 8/10 skills
Bump:
and by the way, never use non-attacking move on choiced pokemon. that makes it set up bait and is normally pointless.
And honestly entry hazards don't have to be at the VERY start of the game, just before the action begins.

Last edited:

qwerty1111

breeder/battler
First of all, No offense to shadow burnt, but you seem to be More of fifth gen dude, prob shouldn't be here, just sayin'.
Anyways, I for one am from Fourth Gen, and I will try not to be mean, but Im going to a bit strict and say that:

Salamence: shouldn't be lead, but if you wanna keep it give it DragonDance, Outrage,(if you keep the lum, D-Claw if not), Eq, and either Stone edge or Crunch. Most pokemon u see are not gonna mind T-fang, and Gyara will die to Stone Edge anyway even with Intimidate.

Heatran: Gonna say right now, Wise glasses suck. Only a 10% multiplicative boost is horrible. Either go scarf or at least go Life Orb. I suggest scarf w/ Fire Blast, Earth Power, Hidden Power (of any type that helps ur team), and Explosion (Flash Cannon has horrible coverage; only gets two types, both of which you already can get for Super Effective Damage)

Suicune: should have Rest with a Chesto Berry or Be a Mono-Attacking Sleep talker w/ CM, Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf, 252 hp 252 def. I know some pokemon are immune/resistant to water, but trust me once you get them out of the way it'll sweep real well. with Suicune's Bulk it won't mind the slowness. The problem with your current one is that it has no way of healing; Leftovers doesn't really help unless it has Rest.

Weavile: alright, but I suggest you might wanna go jolly natured. And I suggest Life Orb over Sash; Stealth Rocks are Everywhere and it's gonna become useless. Otherwise, good. If you need a lead, but wanna keep these pokemon; look at the bottom of this post, I have a pretty good weavile lead down there.

Cresselia: Be Cautios w/ Psycho Shift; You need good prediction to use it, and it's only good when you can heal the burn; losing 12% health each turn is not very good, even with Moonlight. I suggest using T-wave to stop any sweepers; Cresselia is bulky enough to take plenty Non-Super-Effective hits on either side of the spectrum; Even if the moves are STAB (at least the great majority of the time) Cresselia might also wanna be a Dual Screen Setter With Light Clay (extends the life of the screens to 8 turns instead of 5) to help it's lesser bulky teamates switch in and dominate.

Drapion: I like your set, just that, take away the speed (unless you DESPERATELY need to outspeed something,) and put in either defense or special defense. Also, Forget Swagger; dont risk the 50% of the time the opponent will atk and eventually snap out of confusion.

Comments: Salamence technically isn't OU, It is considered Uber in Fourth generation. Dragonite can pretty much do anything Mence can do; Bar Crunch.
Might wanna replace Drapion with Tentacruel; Tenta I believe has quite better HP, but I could be wrong on that. And Do you have any core? I don't Really see one; but if these pokemon work for you they work for you.

WOW this is a wall of text. Sorry :\
Oh, btw; If you wanna keep these pokemon, but want a lead, Do:
weavile @ Focus Sash;
Ice Punch/Ice Shard/Fake Out/Night Slash
252 atk/252speed/Jolly Natured
Takes care of most common leads; Can also come in later and Sweep if need be.

okay so you are probably right about salamence, i am having drapion first

i have heatran to set up rocks which could be quite useful(taking out sashes and doing a little damage to everthying)

weavile is not going to be a lead so i am keeping it with brick break
jolly nature is probably the better choice here

suicune doesnt carry rest because rest isn't very reliable and with lum or chesto berry it can only use it once effectively. while asleep, the opponent can set up

you have a good point about cresslia
screens are going to be quite useful and burns aren't very necessary (except for steell types and other offensive pokes that can avoid toxic spikes)

the speed ivs are for venusaurs that want to use sleep powder because i am also going to use it on a mixed team

im pretty sure salamence is ou on smogon

thanks for contributing your thoughts!

PurpleSwampert

4th gen 8/10 skills
no problem dude. An Rest + Sleeptalk isnt set up bait; Suicune is honestly that bulky that after a Calm Mind or two there is barely anyway to even 2HKO it. The only move I can think of is a Banded Dnite Adamant Outrage. and RestoChesto true is only usable once, but like a said a couple CMs and GG.