• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Standing With Serebii

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

One thing for sure: there is a lot of controversy for this games since idk when

TsengHyena

What you don't understand is that that is an opinion, I happen to think the games look great, as do many other people. You can think the game is bad but you can't force others to think the same way. That's the problem with the fanbase right now where people are outright just attacking others who don't share the same opinion that the game is awful.

Its more people are frustrated that everytime something is pointed out thats wrong with the game, and eventually proven correct by the datamine, its completely glossed over. We're loosing classic features that have been in the game since generation 4 never mind how bug ridden the game is.

A lot of this has been boiling up since the X/Y era, but having the complete pokedex in those games allowed folks to try and restrain themselves a bit, since it seemed like things were somewhat improving, which leads to Sword/Shield regressing now.

Gamefreak is the only game developers who don't improve and never seem to catch any flak for it compared to other devs.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Its more people are frustrated that everytime something is pointed out thats wrong with the game, and eventually proven correct by the datamine, its completely glossed over. We're loosing classic features that have been in the game since generation 4 never mind how bug ridden the game is.

A lot of this has been boiling up since the X/Y era, but having the complete pokedex in those games allowed folks to try and restrain themselves a bit, since it seemed like things were somewhat improving, which leads to Sword/Shield regressing now.

Gamefreak is the only game developers who don't improve and never seem to catch any flak for it compared to other devs.

Again, you can't make someone not like a game, and someone liking a game should never result in them being attacked. If you don't like the game or are frustrated, great, there's plenty of people who you can complain with and talk about it to your hearts content, leave the people who do like the game alone though.

Like good lord, how is this difficult for people to understand??

TsengHyena

Again, you can't make someone not like a game, and someone liking a game should never result in them being attacked. If you don't like the game or are frustrated, great, there's plenty of people who you can complain with and talk about it to your hearts content, leave the people who do like the game alone though.

Like good lord, how is this difficult for people to understand??

Correct. Individual people who do not run websites or have any position of power in the community should not be attacked. Those in power should acknowledge the extreme shortcomings of the game. It should always, always be a part of the general discourse of the game as well.

People should not have said Dexit was worth it and that we'd get an improved game from it. Saying that has caused a large chunk of the community to loose their cool when that was proven a lie.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Correct. Individual people who do not run websites or have any position of power in the community should not be attacked. Those in power should acknowledge the extreme shortcomings of the game. It should always, always be a part of the general discourse of the game as well.

People should not have said Dexit was worth it and that we'd get an improved game from it. Saying that has caused a large chunk of the community to loose their cool when that was proven a lie.

No, literally NO ONE should ever be attacked for liking a game, EVER!! And Joe doesn't owe anybody a damn thing, especially when he's never once claimed that the games are perfect and he loves every aspect of it. He also hasn't forbid anyone one else from not talking about the issues with the game, he just said be nice to each other and don't attack others who feel differently then you, wow what a concept.

TsengHyena

No, literally NO ONE should ever be attacked for liking a game, EVER!! And Joe doesn't owe anybody a damn thing, especially when he's never once claimed that the games are perfect and he loves every aspect of it. He also hasn't forbid anyone one else from not talking about the issues with the game, he just said be nice to each other and don't attack others who feel differently then you, wow what a concept.

Attacked or Debated? Attacking people shouldn't happen. But equally people will keep bringing the negatives of the game up and thats a good thing.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Attacked or Debated? Attacking people shouldn't happen. But equally people will keep bringing the negatives of the game up and thats a good thing.

No it's attacked, Joe got death threats for liking sword and shield while countless others including me have been called ass kissers and shills for gamefreak which is never ok. Talking about something and attacking others who like that thing are two very different things.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
Joe has decided to use Serebii.net as an unbiased site meant for sharing Pokemon news and cataloging Pokemon content of all kinds. He has every right to maintain that practice here. Just because some feel that they deserve to have him speak out on their behalf over the Sword&Shield drama on his own site doesn’t mean he is obligated to do so. He is a person and should be treated with the same respect any other person here would wished to be treat with. I’m sure he has given his opinion of these games on other platforms and that is his right.

We shouldn’t be demanding anyone to speak on our behalf just because they have a higher standing in the community. They have their own opinions, weather they are good, bad or somewhere in between. All we can truly do is speak for ourselves. No one should feel force to like or hate the games just because others like or hate these games no matter their position.

Debating and discussing our different points of view is a great thing. However, if someone’s way of debating is to belittle others views and treat opinions they don’t agree with as excuses to defend the games or just wanting to hate the games (even if they are not consciously trying to come off that way) is not going to open people up to wanting to have a respectable dialogue. We are not all going to agree on this, but we can try to agree to disagree and still treat each other with respect.

TsengHyena

No it's attacked, Joe got death threats for liking sword and shield while countless others including me have been called ass kissers and shills for gamefreak which is never ok. Talking about something and attacking others who like that thing are two very different things.

Equally some folk are trying to hide the criticism by saying bringing up the negatives is equivalent to attacking them.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I think some people are missing the point here. The criticism towards the game being valid or not is not the point here. Even if every bit of criticism the game faced for the past months were right it still wouldn't give people the right to harass others simply because they don't agree. That could go for any subject being discussed, but is particularly true when you are talking about something as futile as a video game. "But the future of pokémon is in dang-" IT'S A VIDEO GAME!

Correct. Individual people who do not run websites or have any position of power in the community should not be attacked.
No one should be attacked. Wtf? Yes, people like Joe have some sort of power through influence and would be a good thing if they used it in a more critic stance (particularly because being critical is what is ultimately good for the franchise), but if they don't want to do that doesn't warrant you the right to "attack" them. You can think it is a shame, you can lose the respect for them and their website, but attacking is an entire different thing (and is what is happening).

Wilderness

Intentions to sabotage a website or TPC/GF over the quality or quantity in a game that you choose to spend money is just dumb. These people need to grow the **** up and reevaluate their priorities. Pokemon is (or should) NOT be your life, unless you work for TPC/GF and the franchise is your livelihood. The best protest you can do is just not buy the game.

What's really pissing me off is people who are insulting others for having an opinion.
If someone doesn't like the game (Dexit, Movexit, graphics), let them dislike it. Don't belittle them for not sharing the same views.
If someone likes the game, don't patronize them with shitty comments like "oh you like bad graphics then" - Maybe people just aren't as bothered about things as you.

I love Pokemon, but it's not ****ing politics. Just stop.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’m still getting the game, I don’t care about Nintendo doing this to the forum though, censorship sucks and I kind of want to find out who blew the whistle on this forum so we can see who made Nintendo do this!

Last edited:

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I mean, the leaks were all over 4-Chan, Reddit, Twitter, Discord, YouTube, and even here on this forum originally plus many other places. They spread like wildfire. They weren’t that hard to find if you searched.

TsengHyena

I’m still getting the game, I don’t care about Nintendo doing this to the forum though, censorship sucks and I kind of want to find out who blew the whistle on this forum so we can see who made Nintendo do this!

Gamefreak and Nintendo don't want people to make informed purchases. They are hiding everything bad about this game.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I was honestly baffled to see the trending hashtag on Twitter only to figure out the reason it was made tbh. And let's just say I was fricking angry. This god damn fandom man...
Serebii gets hate for NOT putting leaks on his website to the public and for staying positive about the next gen games? WHY? Why is that something to get so pissy over? I don't understand this damn fanbase. They want him to get in trouble by wanting the leaks on the public site, and any time he tries to give SwSh a chance he gets called a shill. It's crazy.

Hm... You don't understand this damn fanbase. Well understand this, everyone who's here showing their support for serebii, they're the fanbase just as much as those who are spewing forth hatred. It's wise to not let a few bad eggs spoil the bunch.

These games deserve critism, after all nothing is flawless. But if critical comments are not themselves respectful then why should anyone respect those comments? If someoneone does not have to the decency to treat those around them decently then they should not expect to get anything but ignored.

Look at these two complaints.

I understand that gamefreak are under a tight schedule, but I'm disappointed by what aspects of the game they chose to prioritise, hopefully in future titles more pokemon will be available to use.

Gamefreak have got to be the laziest company out there, they can't even be bothered to put all the Pokémon in, they should feel ashamed

It's about how people complain, not that they complain.

To be honest I'd still be excited for the games even if has upscaled XY graphics and only 200 pokemon available.

It's idiotic that people want the leaks put back on the site when all Serebii would get from that is legal trouble, I mean it takes less than a minute to search 'pokemon leaks' into Google or Instagram and find the leaks anyway.

Anyway, I'm going on an off-topic tangent. My main point is that that the people harassing Serebii are in the wrong but a blue sky is still a blue sky even with a few grey clouds.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm ambivalent about Dexit, and annoyed they removed great moves like Pursuit, Return, and Snatch
You didn’t put this in spoiler tags & Snatch never nor will be a great move. Gamefreak has done well to cull that. That hurts me.
hatching-chick.png

Don’t do that again! I’m not mad but don’t do that. I came in expecting this thread to not be spoiler filled and that happens.

Anyways, there’s far more important issues to tackle than a video game although that doesn’t mean a game shouldn’t be criticized. Just be civilized about it! And don’t constantly repeat the same negative feelings you have because that, I say, lacks originality like paper mache cranes.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The fact that we prioritize labelling people over their stance on a video game rather than giving them the respect they deserve as human beings is sad. And this isn't a pro/anti Dexit thing. It's been happening regardless of your stance on whatever about the franchise. You can't be contempt with the trees nor can you be disappointed. You can't favor or be against Gen 1 representation.

And to think this is happening in the fanbase of the series that forces "The power of friendship!" around every corner

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
And to think this is happening in the fanbase of the series that forces "The power of friendship!" around every corner
This isn't the first time I've seen fanbases of children-demographic shows be as sour as they are rn either. Steven Universe for instance has a crappy vocal part of the fanbase that attacked an artist for not drawing a character exactly how they wanted and wished death on her (And almost got their wish).

I haven't seen fanbases of shows around other demographics be this bad to judge otherwise tbh, it's like the kids shows have the worse vocal ends of fanbases nowadays.

D

Deleted member 384931

You would expect that a franchise that is 20 years old would respect and know what their players want!

Status
Not open for further replies.