• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Staple Support Walls

Mock Z

Music Guru
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, didn't know if there was a competitive single Pokemon strategy forum, so if there is, please move it! :D

I just recently came across a really good support strategy that might just be a staple for any team unless it involves using two other support walls in its strategy and doesn't have room.
This strategy only uses two Pokemon. Check it out:

Skarmory
Sturdy @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EV's: 252HP/4Def/252SpDef
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Brave Bird

The sturdy phazer wall that's just super annoying to be against. WIth Skarmory's beast Defense stat, it's probably best to add on to the Special Defense with the EV's in order to establish a sound foundation of overall defense. Sturdy mixed with Roost is great, while Spikes with Whirlwind not only cripples a team, but also takes care of some important strategies, like a Baton Pass team. Eventually, the goal is to Whirlwind to a Pokemon that relies on status moves more than physical moves. That's where Sableye comes in:

Sableye
Prankster @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EV's: 252HP/120Def/136SpDef
-Recover
-Will-o-wisp
-Taunt
-Night Shade

The other annoying part to the team, Sableye is meant to be put up against a Pokemon that relies on status moves. Henceforth, the Taunt. Recover will become annoying because, "That darn Sableye just won't go away!!" Will-o-wisp cripples even more, and Night Shade is the obvious STAB move of choice.

I was also thinking of adding a wall that knows Toxic like Chansey and a Dual Screener like Espeon for added coverage, but when you get a support team of over four Pokemon, it gets a little out of hand.

What do you guys think? Good staple strategy? Should Toxic and/or Dual Screeners be added in to double the crippleage?

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend

Zachmac

There should be a team building help thread...I'll ask a mod if I can make one later. This is probably going to be locked, but I'll give you what I have to say.

Dual Screens are actually more effective on offensive teams, as they help pokemon get swords dance or dragon dance up easier, then proceed to sweep. I'd suggest adding Blissy or Chansy like you were considering, as they wall a lot of pokemon Skarmory can't. The combination of the two is called Skarmbliss, and if played properly, can be very annoying. That way you could also go physically defensive on Skarmory, so it can tank physical hits while Blissy absorbs predicted special ones.

365pokemon

I was also thinking of adding a wall that knows Toxic like Chansey and a Dual Screener like Espeon for added coverage, but when you get a support team of over four Pokemon, it gets a little out of hand.
lol. That doesn't make any sense at all. If you have only two pokemon, your opponent only has to KO two things. How do things get out of hand if you add more pokemon to have better synergy??? You want a full team of six pokemon.

Mock Z

Music Guru
You actually thought I would only use a team with only two Pokemon? I'm just talking about a two Pokemon wall strategy that might be applicable to any team of four other Pokemon. I realize I put this in the "Team" forum and that it doesn't belong here due to it not being a complete team, but please don't think in any way that this is a complete team. Just a partial strategy.

Mods, feel free to lock this baby up. I think I got all the info I need, and my friend and I are going to make a team using this partial strategy. Thanks!