• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Ocean Shipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

taitofan

Stalker!
After being hinted at that I'm talking about Star Ocean too much elsewhere, I decided to give this thread a shot. If it works, I keep SO out of there and in here, and if it dies...I go back there. So...

Welcome to the Star Ocean Shipping thread! Feel free to discuss ships from this wonderful series from Tri-Ace, whether it be the first game (which I never played and thus can't say much on), Second Story (or Blue Sphere, which I haven't played either), Till the End of Time, and if it lasts long enough, the new SO4 coming out. Any ships are welcome, whether they be het, yaoi, yuri, poly, crossbreeding, incest, shota/loli...just play nice. You can mention ships you dislike as long as you're nice about it and don't do any flaming of the ship and/or shipper. Follow the forum rules too--aka, explain why you like the ships, don't just make a list. Other than that, just have fun!

Between SO2 and SO3, I like more ships than you can shake a really big stick at... So I'll kick off the thread with my OTPs from each game.

Noel Chandler x Leon Geeste
: Ah, my poor overlooked NoelxLeon... The two nekomimi characters in the game (no matter what other art might suggest) are not only my fave characters, but also my fave couple. I have many reasons... One, it's cute. Being less shallow, two, it makes a lot of sense. They both have feline ears and don't know why, they both like to learn (an ex-professor and a child genius? perfect combo!), they're both mages... And Leon was willing to leave Lacour to live in the woods with him, after complaining the whole game about "rustic backwaters." I wonder why... *isn't bothered that Noel is twice Leon's age* And yes, I did get the LeonxNoel ending, thanks for asking. ;D

Lezard x Melt: Weren't expecting that, huh? For those of you who overlook NPCs, or maybe never even got Roger, those two are children living in Surferio. Melt is one of Roger's friends (he has a broom, goggles he never wears, and can read the stars), and Lezard is Lucien's little brother (he has huge glasses and wears a robe that covers most of his body). Both are humanoids, Lezard being part cat, and Melt appearing to be some sort of wolf. If you talk to them and the other Surferio kids throughout the game, you learn that Roger and Lucien's rivalry goes a bit further... Lezard and Melt have one too. Lezard makes traps for him, calling him "the silent one," and Melt responds by countering Lezard when possible. Two twelve-year-old boys, so into a rivalry that isn't even theirs... Methinks there's some sexual tension in the making there. Besides, they're both the brains of their respective groups. Lezard makes humunculi and Melt lived with a diviner... They can be inventors together when they're older. =D

So there you are, my OTPs. After that, no one should feel a bit embarrassed at whatever they like. And don't feel like you need to go into quite the detail I have. ^^; *gave the condensed versions, cause she spends a lot of time thinking about them* Please, feel free to jump in, post pic/fic links, gush, rant, debate,post topics...whatever. Let's just keep this thread alive!

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
After seeing how this game is at Youtube, Kinda got into it right away and its very awesome too. And I have a couple of favorites from the game XD: Claude x Rena, Claude x Celine, Dias x Rena, And Opera x Celine x Rena 8D. I going to try to find more couples from the game.

taitofan

Stalker!
Thank you sooo much for posting my dear friend~ Woot, another SO fan! I'm playing Rena's scenario right now as I type actually. X3 And I ditto your love of ClaudexCeline, DiasxRena, and OperaxCelinexRena. X3

*gasp* I know, I like some het too! I mainly like Celine het... Her with Leon, Noel, Ashton, and Claude are all yummy. Her and Leon are mages and Leon has a crush on her (or can, in the Fun City PA), she flirts with Claude something awful, she and Ashton are just perfect together (especially in EX) and the NoelxCeline ending is so cute! DiasxRena is usually the type of couple I'm against, but... I dunno. It gets me all warm and fuzzy, you know? Plus it leave Claude open for others. ;3 I kinda like DiasxChisato too...really dunno why there. I saw the ending on YouTube and thought it was cute though. Darn those endings, making me into a het fan. XD *kinda has a soft spot for ErnestxOpera too*

Yes yes! Please post whenever you find new couples! I'm still finding new ones I like even after finishing the game. SO2 is just chock full of shipping potential.

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
Yes yes! Please post whenever you find new couples! I'm still finding new ones I like even after finishing the game. SO2 is just chock full of shipping potential.

I found more couples that I'm really starting to like alot 8D: Fayt x Sophia, Albel Nox x Nel, Fayt x Maria, Roger x Peppita, Sophia x Marina, And Nel x Maria. I almost thought Albel Nox was a woman because of the way he dresses xD

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
...*cheshire grin* It's probably only a matter of where to begin-- oh yes. Favorites with the girls.

Nel/Claire: Ninja/Master loves. Claire's got that soft voice which holds a lot more power than one would give credit for, and Nel's pretty tight with her. =3 And there's the pretty.

Celina/Rena: It's been a while, but I recall vaguely the incident in Fun City involving a certain aphrodisiac. *cough* That was just funny. And eye-popping. 83 And shweet.

Celine/Ashton: So maybe not romantic, but I've read too much and I can't stop seeing them as 'girlfriends'. <.<;;; But I'd totally suport it romantically.

Claude/Ashton: ....Yeah, 8D I R teh Mighty Dias/Ashton fan, but...Private Actions rule~ When I got The Scene, hell, I spazzed. XD And wanted to know how badly the script-writers hated Ashton. Barrels, dragon heads *hearts*, his crush on a little girl who's cruching on Claude, sharing a Drink for Two with Claude, a mini-mission to return JEWELRY only to find it belonged to him and the...ah, discussion afterward, I believe? Closet-case. Claude would be good for him.

...If not Dias. But then again, Dias/Ashton falls under a formula I like by default, so it's hard to tell if it's just the formula or the dynamic of swordsmen (though I'm not quite partial to Dias/Claude). ...The numerous fics helped. *halo*

Cliff/Albel: Ah made sure Albel would be my party member to return with (I accidentally skipped Roger and don't really like Nel's fighting style), so catching his return-to-me scene on Elicoor...mwaha, Cliff cares. ^_^; I had no idea at the time it would turn out like that. I thought everything I loved about them (the banter, mostly) would just turn out to be caseless. Newp~! ......It didn't really help that Cliff's awesome with everyone and anyone (especially Fate).

Lias/Mackwell: I don't remember why I love these two. The only interaction you have with them is their recruitment steps (find a book and be rich) and in the 'shops, but...mou. I place them together anyway. D8 Non-party member NPCs hardly ever need a reason! Unless they already have the canon thing. Like Ameena and Dion. Or the King of Airyglyph and Elena.

And you know what? Fate/Sophia/Maria. Solves everything. They can be dangerous together.

...*cough* I also like Peppita+Comodore Wittcomb, for reasons I bewildered my brother with. I rule.

taitofan

Stalker!
@Ichigo: *likes AlbelxNel, RogerxPeppita, MariaxSophia, ans NelxMaria too* =3

@Toraphi: Eee, I was hoping to see you here! I support almost everything you just listed except FaytxMariaxSophia and PeppitaxComodore Wittcomb. XD; DiasxAshton is just so.... *fangirl spasms* Twas the first SO2 couple I liked, and still my fave choice for both of them. *giggles at the Celine and Ashton being girlfriends thing* Ah, I've seen that dynamic in a few fics too. Including a very interesting one involving Ashton finding one of Celine's toys, it getting stuck, and Dias helping him remove it... Quite possibly the best crack I've read. Ever. X3

But the ClaudexAshton date PA is just soooo wonderful. I picked Heartthrob of course--how could I not have? I've heard that in the original, the woman in the cafe asks if they're on a date rather than commenting on the dragons...which makes Claude's reaction make far more sense. XD ClaudexAshton was one of the two paired endings I got, along with NoelxLeon. It was so sweet that Claude was willing to stay for so long with him. <3

...That all said, my fave match for Claude is Bowman. I blame/thank the Japanese.

And~ I saw that Fun City PA on YouTube just yesterday! Haha, sure you don't swing that way Celine, suuuure...

Last edited:

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
@Toraphi: Eee, I was hoping to see you here! I support almost everything you just listed except FaytxMariaxSophia and PeppitaxComodore Wittcomb. XD; DiasxAshton is just so.... *fangirl spasms* Twas the first SO2 couple I liked, and still my fave choice for both of them. *giggles at the Celine and Ashton being girlfriends thing* Ah, I've seen that dynamic in a few fics too. Including a very interesting one involving Ashton finding one of Celine's toys, it getting stuck, and Dias helping him remove it... Quite possibly the best crack I've read. Ever. X3
Blue balls in the nose, donchaknow. X3 Ho'yesh, I read that. The same author also wrote Dias/Bowman (haaaaa, hawt) and Bowman/Ernest (also hawt), neither really ignoring the fact that Bowman's married and Ernest is all but hitched. Don't know where you could find those now though. o_O;

But, honestly, Ashton's bio claims his ideal girl is: "Nice and tidy, with pure thoughts." That's so not Precis, and with such a blatant 'this is what guys should want in a woman' feel to it...you know the poor guy's a closet-case. Sooo badly. Though if you got the Claude/Ashton ending, does that mean you didn't do the rid-the-dragons' side-quest, with the little girl? But as for that scene, it probably was that, though if the whole thing can be misconstrewn so easily, why change a line and not omit the whole thing? o_O Sheesh. ...Though if they did that, ^_^; we wouldn't have it.

X3 But...but...*mad flailing* YouknowwhoWittcombis,rightright??? *doesn't support them romantically, just supports them meeting*

And for the lady: "Celine Jules, you are a liar and you will spend the rest of eternity on this 'ship!" Seriously, she's damned to both sides nao.

As for Noel, I normally attuned his sprite to his art the same way I do to Gyoro and Ururun being red and pink instead of red and blue: just weird oddities. ^_^; I was more interested in his past than I ever was linking him romantically. Wise Men, yes!

*pout* I still haven't finished either game. Both are near the end, but my PS memcard is missing and so is our SO3. 9.9 Nyaaaaah. XD;; So I can't really let myself get spoiled on any of the endings.

taitofan

Stalker!
More Bowman yaoi? Oh yes, I shall be looking for it... Haha, I figured you would have read that one. X3 All DiasxAshton fans should, oh yes.

Mmm, that AshtonxPrecis thing sounds like a load of croak to me, but I didn't get her when I got Ashton (I got her in the Rena game I'm playing now with Ernest/Opera). I have seen it in EX though... Damn. It bugs me. Anyway... You mean the scene with Eleanor? Naw, didn't want to get it, so I skipped that entire thing. Back then I had actually wanted to get ClaudexLeon and AshtonxNoel, but I changed my mind when NoelxLeon became my OTP... Worked out for the best I thought. As for the date...I guess it would have thrown off the PA system if they'd taken it out, so they rewrote one line and made it confusing. Oi. Like everyone can't tell it was supposed to be scene as a date anyway...it raises their relationship points after all!

Yes, I know who he is, and I'm relieved that you don't like it romantically. XD The whole thing with the Aquaelie was tragic...

Noel. Oh Noel. The whole reason I'm playing through Rena's game is to get the PA with him, Rena, and Ernest. I need to know these things to make my fanfics more accurate... And I do hope the PSP remake 1-fixes the art discrepancies and 2-elaborates on his connection to the Ten Wise Men. Cause unless I missed something, they mentioned some people thought he was a traitor, then never mentioned it again. Oi. ...But yeah. Being my second fave character, I was very interested on pairing him up too. I like him with Leon (duh), Ashton, Claude, Celine, Lucifer, Zadkiel... I'm not denying my interest of him with Bowman, Rena, and Ernest either. *likes to wh*re her faves out*

Oh, that's too bad! I've foinished both, just not Rena's on SO2... I started playing a game on SO3 to get FaytxRoger, but I've staled that... *got AlbelxFayt the first time woot* I do hope you find em soon, cause the endings are amazing...well, the ones I got were at least. Though I'm very biased. X3 This time, I'm going for ClaudexNoel and OperaxChisato as my endings. Just gotta, you know, get to disk two...

I'd gush about some more couples, but this is pretty long already so I'll stop here. ^^;

Last edited:

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
Let me on the piece of the action. :3

As for me. Well, I like the shipping between Fayt and Maria, even though it looks like they're like long lost siblings or twins. Still, Maria is such a cool beauty and I think Fayt is deserving of her. ^^ This would be my OTP.

Nel/Cliff, gamewise, I don't think they really interact too much. But Nel is really cute in the manga whenever Cliff teases her. I haven't seen too much of the manga yet, only about a volume or 2... but yeah, I really think this is a cute pairing.

Nel/Albel, hahaha, I like this even though it's like a mainstream couple. XD Love/Hate is always popular no matter what. XD

Fayt/Albel is the few yaoi pairing I actually support. XD I guess their interactions makes it acceptable for me I guess. XD I'm not a big fan of yaoi, but I do support this. XD Plus, Albel is a *****. I always get this idea he wants to rape Fate of his dignity... <_<

Nel/Roger, oh god, this is so freaking cute. XD Not much to describe besides that it's fairly cute.

Nel/Clair - Typical yuri pairing I like. XD

Maria/Sophia - Blame Doujinshis. <_<

Sophia/Nel - Uh... XD Sophia's a closet lesbian? XD

Fayt/Clair - Hahaha, this would be cute.

Fayt/Peppita - I think it's also cute too. :3

Dias/Rena - Cool guy and cute girl. XD

Ernest/Opera - Sexy 3 eye folks.

Claude/Priscilla - I like this as much as Fayt and Peppita. XD

Yeah, I'm getting too lazy to get into details on this. ^^; But basically yeah, this is who I like. XD

taitofan

Stalker!
Haha, I like most of those too. X3 *so very easy to please in this fandom* I have all of the SO3 manga, and yes, CliffxNel is major love there. And CliffxRoger. And CliffxRogerxDribexMelt! =D *Surferio Kids fangirl alert!* FaytxPeppita there was, like, canon. She kissed his cheek many times, and he blushed an awful lot... *waves AlbelxFayt and NelxRoger flags since she doesn't have much else to say about those* I started liking FaytxClair after seeing the Fayt/Adray ending. Hehe.

Mmm. Anyone like any villain pairings? The Ten Wise Men and Sphere Corp are fun to pair. Luther and Blaire had some incestuous vibes I thought... And holy crap! Didja see Belzeber and Azazer flirting in Sphere 211? Didja?! *squeals* <3 The Wise Men didn't interact as much, but I like GabrielxLucifer as a love/hate thing, MichaelxHaniel on principle (and I'll thank Japan for my mental image of them as bishies), LuciferxZadkiel for the omgcuuute!ness... And venturing into the villains with the PCs, Luther is smexy with Fayt and/or Albel, Lucifer is smexy with Claude/Ashton/Noel, and Zadkiel should be resurrected and shack up with Noel and Leon, cause that's my OT3. Fosho.

...No, I have no excuses as to why NoelxLeonxZadkiel is my OT3 that wouldn't sound horribly fangirlish. AlbelxFaytxPeppita is my SO3 OT3 while I'm at it, cause all forms of it are cute...and they were my fighting team. Love I say, love!

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Girl, you. *laughs*

Love it. XD

MAH SHIPS:

Fayt x Albel: Duh. YOU made me love this ship, taito. Really awesome.

Fayt x Luther: God complex people are awesome, paired also with the innocent, and cute boizz.

Noel x Leon: Maybe? o_O Kinda converted to the fanart?

Ashton x Rena: Got converted by fanart, and the game. Darn it, they really had to make cool fanarts with this ship, huh? HUH?

Nel x Maria: 'Prolly one of my top yuri ships.

Sophia x Luther: Bash me all you want, I'm liking it.

Peppita x Melt: The term "opposites attract" made me like it.

Lucien x Melt: What?

Albel x Cliff: My third fave ship in SO3. Seriously, they are cute.

Brain-dead, I can't think of anymore. o_O

;006;

taitofan

Stalker!
Yay, you came~ X3 Come on, you knew it was only a matter of time till I made this thread. ;3

Hehe, yes, I know I converted you to AlbelxFayt. *very proud that she did it without trying* And... =O I'm slowly converting you to NoelxLeon? Oh man, I can die happy! =DDD And yay for more Melt lovin'! I'd rather have him with Lezard of course, but Peppi is the only girl I (currently) like him with, and he and Lucien would certainly be interesting together... If Roger ever starts pulling ahead in the Real Man Contests, we'll know who to thank. XD

Now that I've played more of Rena's scenario and have Opera and Ernest, I can say that I do indeed like them together, canon het and all. I think I may like ClaudexOperaxErnest too... Hmm, yes, yes I do. Lots of blond there~

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Yeah, I knew you were gonna make this thread. =P

Yeah, you converted me into Fayt x Albel, hard. You an die happy, huh? Well....good for you? XD

Yeah, Lezard x Melt's your things, it's kinda obvious in LJ. >.< But I like 'em too, and Peppi x Melt is awesome, don'tcha think? LUCIEN! *bows* XD

Yeah, Ashton x Rena's het, and canon. o_O Rena x Celine, I like too.

Blondes are okay. XD

;006;

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
I did some Poly Shipping and most of them I'm starting to really like XD. Claude x Rena x Celine, Rena x Celine x Opera, Nel x Fayt x Sophia, Albel Nox x Nel x Fayt x Maria, Sophia x Marina x Nel x Maria, and Sophia x Maria x Nel x Rena 8D. And I think thats about it. I still want to find more shippings Star Ocean.

taitofan

Stalker!
Rena x Celine x Opera ftw! *flings Chisato in too* <3

@honey: Ah, the fun thing about SO2 is that you can make any couple canon depending on how you play... I've already manipulated emotion levels to get ClaudexNoel and OperaxChisato in my current game. X3

So! Today I recieved volumes 1, and 3-9 of the official SO2 4 Koma manga Enix released. So. Much. Shipping. Not just het either! *gestures to one strip with Noel playing with Leon's ears, a parody of the Heartthrob PA, and a strip of Dias giving his romance book to Noel* There's some AshtonxRena honey... And CelinexLeon pour moi. ;3 I'm planning on scanning a bunch probably this weekend, so if anyone wants me to be on the look out for a certain couple, I'll make sure to get them. *has found four NoelxLeon-ish ones so far* Life is good~

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
Rena x Celine x Opera ftw! *flings Chisato in too* <3

@honey: Ah, the fun thing about SO2 is that you can make any couple canon depending on how you play... I've already manipulated emotion levels to get ClaudexNoel and OperaxChisato in my current game. X3

So! Today I recieved volumes 1, and 3-9 of the official SO2 4 Koma manga Enix released. So. Much. Shipping. Not just het either! *gestures to one strip with Noel playing with Leon's ears, a parody of the Heartthrob PA, and a strip of Dias giving his romance book to Noel* There's some AshtonxRena honey... And CelinexLeon pour moi. ;3 I'm planning on scanning a bunch probably this weekend, so if anyone wants me to be on the look out for a certain couple, I'll make sure to get them. *has found four NoelxLeon-ish ones so far* Life is good~

I didn't know you can changes relationships in that game. It reminds of Tales of Symphonia's relationship affection mode. What system is that game for Taito-chan? Also Rena x Celine x Opera x Chisato sounds really good to me =D.

taitofan

Stalker!
Oh yes. Every party member has a friendship and romance level for every other character, and you can raise or lower those levels with PAs (Private Actions), friendship and relationship books, and fighting battles together (one point per 100 battles). So, like, in my first game, I had Claude to almost all the PAs with Ashton, then Leon and Noel must have fought at least 400 battles together cause I never used books... For same sex couples, the friendship must be over ten, and for het couples, the romance must be over ten. This time, I gave Claude and Noel each other's friendship books as soon as I got Noel, then the same with Opera and Chisato once I got Chisato. That raised the friendship levels to eight. Hopefully, by the time I reach the end, I'll get the two endings I want. =3

Ah, and it's for Playstation. SO3 is for PS2, but the affection system is...easier, I think. But you can only pair Fayt there.

*has found more NoelxLeon, including one where Noel is trying to kiss Leon* Holy crap, Enix is awesome for allowing this in an official release. =O

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
Oh yes. Every party member has a friendship and romance level for every other character, and you can raise or lower those levels with PAs (Private Actions), friendship and relationship books, and fighting battles together (one point per 100 battles). So, like, in my first game, I had Claude to almost all the PAs with Ashton, then Leon and Noel must have fought at least 400 battles together cause I never used books... For same sex couples, the friendship must be over ten, and for het couples, the romance must be over ten. This time, I gave Claude and Noel each other's friendship books as soon as I got Noel, then the same with Opera and Chisato once I got Chisato. That raised the friendship levels to eight. Hopefully, by the time I reach the end, I'll get the two endings I want. =3

Ah, and it's for Playstation. SO3 is for PS2, but the affection system is...easier, I think. But you can only pair Fayt there.

*has found more NoelxLeon, including one where Noel is trying to kiss Leon* Holy crap, Enix is awesome for allowing this in an official release. =O

Oh snap XD. Now I feel like I want to get the game now and I'm going to try to get it. And this game gets more interesting too =D. So does the game have different kinds of rndings right? If so that sounds even more awesome XD. I never that this game has so much different relationships here.

taitofan

Stalker!
Oh snap is right. There are, like... 83 endings I think? Every character has a solo ending, then everyone gets paired, some pairs get two depending on who likes who more, there are three special endings (Celine, Ashton, and Opera), and one reunion ending. In contrast, SO3 has 19 I believe. Seriously, if you like a ship, you can make it happen...of course, some endings are far shippier than others. Even for the het ships. I personally think Noel gets a lot of shippy ones...Celine, Ashton, Dias, and of course, Leon. I'm heavily biased on that last one though. ;3

Good luck finding the game. My version is the English text modded with the Japanese soundtrack. The original voices are far superior, but that's getting off topic, so... *waves a NoelxLeon flag and goes back to her fanfics*

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
OH CRAP, PS? *so has one, like at home, dusty and old* OMG, BUY. *but remembers* Aw, why did I buy Megaman Battle Network 6 again? *bonks head* Maybe in the next 2 months, I can buy it. o_O

Noel playing with Leon's ears

...OMFGEE. *jumps* YESH. O_O

Claude x Celina has my eye. ^^;

;006;

Status
Not open for further replies.