• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT: It's FINALLY here!

Mister_SGG

At their E3 conference earlier today, EA presented a sneak peek at their new Star Wars: Battlefront reboot that will be developed by DICE. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBp4vZ5y11I

It only took 8 years, but we finally got it! Whether or not it will share the same quality of it's predecessors remains to be seen, but I can at least die happy now.

/discuss

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Well we got almost no info about the game but I'm happy to know that there is a new Battlefront game in the works.

Let's hope it will live up to it's expectations.

Mister_SGG

Well we got almost no info about the game but I'm happy to know that there is a new Battlefront game in the works.

Let's hope it will live up to it's expectations.

Expectations have been building for 8 years, so I doubt it will be everything we imagined.

One thing I hope to see is the option to go between third and first person.

Zibdas

not bad
It's funny, though. BF3 was so close to completion, and now they're restarting it.
Oh well, it looks fantastic.

Mister_SGG

It's funny, though. BF3 was so close to completion, and now they're restarting it.
Oh well, it looks fantastic.

It makes more sense to reboot it. Not like there is really any continuity between 1 & 2. Same Star Wars universe.

Maybe they'll wait until after Episode VII (possibly VIII and IX as well) to make the second Battlefront 2 with things from the new saga.

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
Thank. The. Lord.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! NEW BATTLEFRONT!!!! i have both 1@2, and love them, so i hope it improves, leaping to the top of the best Star Wars games list (if there was one, lol)

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I have a feeling that people are going to get their hopes up and then be disappointed. I'm still going to get the game, but I'm not expecting it to be amazing or anything.

Also, does anyone know if it is going to come out for the current gen, next gen, or both?

Mister_SGG

I have a feeling that people are going to get their hopes up and then be disappointed. I'm still going to get the game, but I'm not expecting it to be amazing or anything.

Also, does anyone know if it is going to come out for the current gen, next gen, or both?

I hope it is only next-gen, but they will probably bring it to both, unfortunately.

Crasher

It's been confirmed that the DICE team developing it (previously thought to be DICE LA, developers of Medal of Honour) is DICE Stockholm, makers of Battlefied.

Source

Pertinent quote from the article:
"This is DICE's interpretation of what Battlefront should be," he said. "That's the best description you can have. There are absolutely things in the previous Battlefront games that you'll recognise and remember, but DICE wants to put its own flavour on it. That's the only way we can do it. Hence it's called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it's something new."

Exciting stuff.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
I hope it is only next-gen, but they will probably bring it to both, unfortunately.

Because including the people who can't afford the new systems or upgrading their PC so that it could handle the game on the lowest graphical settings is unfortunate.

Last edited:

Mister_SGG

Because including the people who can't afford the new systems or upgrading their PC so that it could handle the game on the lowest graphical settings is unfortunate.

No, because they have to develop it with old-gen in mind and thus hold back the game's full potential.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Then they do what happened for The Force Unleashed. The PS2 and Wii versions were quite different from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
While I enjoy playing Battlefront with my cousin EA publishing this game means that I won't be buying this game, aw well not like it will be getting a Wii U release plus I don't actually like Start Wars.