• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star wars Battlefront ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

^melvin^
Is this game worth getting for single player. And does it have multiplayer as in I play against my brother or we both play against the computer(not counting online because I dont have online for my PS2). I tried looking for this info but I only find info on online multiplayer. This game looks good but dont know if it even has these options.

Much appreciated.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
No doubt it'll have two-player support, considering the first one did. Wait a few days for people to see how good the single player will be, though I think it'll be great, especially with space fights.

melvin

^melvin^
I never played the first one. Is there a good single player mode. And also what should I get it on, PS2 or PC.

This game looks awsome.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
Get it on PC, it's capable of more. For the first one, there is quite a good single player mode. It has campaigns for both sets of trilogies, though that Geonosis battle can be quite hard. Even skirmishes can be fun to do, and having two maps for most planets adds to the replay value. Dogfighting can be quite hard, but being up there makes you feel like you have real responsibility, which is quite nice.

Better yet, just read the IGN review. Keep watching for the Battlefront II review.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/549/549157p1.html

melvin

^melvin^
Ya I should get it on PC because I have my own PC with DSL and my mom wont find out about the game(she would kill me if she found out I bought another PS2 game). I just want to play with a controller, but if this game can go 1st person then I will definately buy it on PC.

Would I need a super fast computer or will DSL do the job well?

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
Here is what the system reqs are

Minimum Requirements:
P3 1.4 GHz
256MB RAM
64MB DirectX 9.0 3D card

Recommended Requirements:
P4 2.4GHz
512MB RAM
128MB DX9 card

DSL is just an internet connection. Having a good computer and a good internet connection are two different things.

melvin

^melvin^
So that means I need to go buy a graphics card. Son of a b*tch, I dont want to spend that kind of money.

And I have no idea what my computers specs are. I bet they are good enough.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
This game is deffinatly gonna be worth it. I bought Star Wars Episode III, and on the 2nd disk there is a demo of the game and it is freaking sweat! I would totally buy it.

melvin

^melvin^
I bought the game for my PC and it is really slow. my computer probably sucks. Its pretty new and has nothing on it so it has full memory. so what the hell is wrong.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Only if your specifically looking for a PSP FPS, the lack of a second analogue stick and the button layout makes it almost impossible to play any FPS

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
melvin said:
I bought the game for my PC and it is really slow. my computer probably sucks. Its pretty new and has nothing on it so it has full memory. so what the hell is wrong.

I should've mentioned those system reqs are for the first game. Sorry about that.

Steve

revelations1 17
I would buy this on my Xbox, if it weren't for the fact that I have no money saving up for my 360. >_< Otherwise, I'd be all over this. I'll just put it on my 'used' lists....sigh....

melvin

^melvin^
I will enjoy this game the way it is, and buy an alien ware computer when I go into the airforce. This game is supposed to have good graphics but on my computer they suck. Still fun. I need to try out online play. I think it will run as fast as single player.*prays*

vaerna

Yes we have the xbox version since our computer is a macintosh. Yes it has multiplayer capabilities. It has intense graphics so if you don't have a recent computer model with the latest software and hardware, it's gonna be a slow go of it.

melvin

^melvin^
This game is fun but I need a new computer thats meant for gaming, though im not really a gamer.

I tried going into multiplayer but everytime I do my computer freezes. And why are my pausing menus black. I cant read a damn thing. After playing the guessing game for a while I learned how to go back and switch levels in instant action mode. You click the second blank bar from the bottom and click too the left of the bank box. Thats how I go back.

It really sucks doing that but it works.

Anyways, I love how you can drive anything you want. Its fun flying into enemy docking bays and stealing there ships. Its also fun using jedi's too fly around destroing everything in your path. Especially General Grieves(sp?) and yoda.

Bu†cH

Braaiiiiiinss......
Everybody Loves Yoda!
He is so overused. You can see him in the back cover of every Star Wars BF2 game and computer box. But that doesn't mean I don't love him, though. :)

Anyways, this game makes its prequel look like a crappy beta.

Cdaghostie

Ghost -not really-
My friend got it. He loves it. Im going to play it sometime Im saying up for a 360 too I plan to buy battlefront 2 if its playable on the 360 which it should.

Multiplayer? I think he said only 2 players on ps2. I know the computer one is 32 players.

Menus going black? Your comp may not be able to take everything since your pushing it just with the game playing

melvin

^melvin^
I need to by an alienware computer so I can really enjoy this game to its full potential.

Im stuck on the fourth mission(space Kyshyyk) and can not pass it. I dont get enough reinforcements so I die when trying to destroy enemies computer systems.

And I want to play multiplayer badly but my computer is not meant for these kinds of games at all.

Bu†cH

Braaiiiiiinss......
The AI has been improved since the first Battlefront, so it may be a bit more difficult.

Try going in later or as fast as you can to the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.