• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Welp it's official, Kanan is no more :(...I knew it was coming but it's still sad. Still at least this is motivation for Ezra to get a power boost so it's not all bad.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Welp it's official, Kanan is no more :(...I knew it was coming but it's still sad. Still at least this is motivation for Ezra to get a power boost so it's not all bad.

I know, that death was so sad... the force allowed Kanan to see Hera one last time before he died. It was million times better than Han and Luke's shitty deaths will ever be. Especially Han's, that was totally pointless and ****ing dumb.

At least Kanan got to go out like a hero, saving his friends and the ones he loves from dying. Kanan almost seemed to know he wouldn't make it back when this episode began. I really really hope Pryce gets executed for her treachery... or just dies, whatever is fine. She doesn't deserve to survive after that, I don't understand how she could justify blowing up their entire fuel supply just to kill half of the Ghost Crew... that was so stupid of her to do, especially thinking she could fool Thrawn.

So Ezra's gonna have to die by Palpatine's hand, there's no way Ezra can survive that. Zeb and Sabine can still make it out of this, they're just regular old rebels much like Hera. Them being around wouldn't affect what the original trilogy set. I hope those two make it out anyways, Zeb got the least development and focus of them all killing him would be stupid. And Rex and Hera were both on Endor, so they're alive.

Question is, what happens to Ruhk? Thrawn is on Coruscant so he could end up surviving and live on for his book's sequel, but Ruhk is on Lothal still and from they handled Ruhk so far and how little screentime he got I hope he's playing a bigger part in the last few episodes.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I know, that death was so sad... the force allowed Kanan to see Hera one last time before he died. It was million times better than Han and Luke's shitty deaths will ever be. Especially Han's, that was totally pointless and ****ing dumb.

I think Han Solos death was perfect all things considered. Remember that the first time we saw Han he was full of himself and about no one but him and Chewie. He was a rouge, a liar, a scoundrel and thief. But we watched as he grew and matured and learned to care about not only other people but a cause bigger than himself. And he gave his life trying to save his son, the product of a failed marriage between himself and a woman that he truly loved. We watched as he gave his life. I'll say that again. We watched as he gave his life for something other than himself. Episode IV Han would never have dreamed of dying for anyone beyond Chewbacca, but he did. We watched this man grow over 4 movies and I'm going to go so far as to say his story was so much more poignant than Luke's.

Also Wedge Antilles is best husbando.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

At least Kanan got to go out like a hero, saving his friends and the ones he loves from dying. Kanan almost seemed to know he wouldn't make it back when this episode began. I really really hope Pryce gets executed for her treachery... or just dies, whatever is fine. She doesn't deserve to survive after that, I don't understand how she could justify blowing up their entire fuel supply just to kill half of the Ghost Crew... that was so stupid of her to do, especially thinking she could fool Thrawn.

So Ezra's gonna have to die by Palpatine's hand, there's no way Ezra can survive that. Zeb and Sabine can still make it out of this, they're just regular old rebels much like Hera. Them being around wouldn't affect what the original trilogy set. I hope those two make it out anyways, Zeb got the least development and focus of them all killing him would be stupid. And Rex and Hera were both on Endor, so they're alive.

Question is, what happens to Ruhk? Thrawn is on Coruscant so he could end up surviving and live on for his book's sequel, but Ruhk is on Lothal still and from they handled Ruhk so far and how little screentime he got I hope he's playing a bigger part in the last few episodes.

Actually Ezra might survive somehow. We know that Dave Filoni already stated Kanan didn't die because Yoda's words to Luke so maybe they can find some work around. I just really hope Ezra went into hiding for whatever reason. Rey needs someone to help her rebuild the order from the ground up and hopefully Ezra can be that person. Chances are that Ahsoka will meet her fate or have it confirmed at the very least so we need someone to survive and teach the next generation since Rey knows pretty much just the bare minimum at point.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Actually Ezra might survive somehow. We know that Dave Filoni already stated Kanan didn't die because Yoda's words to Luke so maybe they can find some work around. I just really hope Ezra went into hiding for whatever reason. Rey needs someone to help her rebuild the order from the ground up and hopefully Ezra can be that person. Chances are that Ahsoka will meet her fate or have it confirmed at the very least so we need someone to survive and teach the next generation since Rey knows pretty much just the bare minimum at point.

I really hope they go in another direction besides starting a third Jedi Order. In the course of a lifetime two JOs were destroyed by one of their own members and the galaxy was then plunged into chaos. I figure that's the real reason why Yoda refused to train Luke and why Luke refused to train Rey. There's something about the teachings of the order that leads to something bad happening and galaxy being worse for it. I'd really like to know what they galaxy's opinion on Luke starting another Order was considering how roughly 20 years ago they were perfectly fine with a genocide of any and all Jedi. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it just seems like the new series doesn't want to touch anything beyond a Jedi Order as the only way to train in the light side.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really hope they go in another direction besides starting a third Jedi Order. In the course of a lifetime two JOs were destroyed by one of their own members and the galaxy was then plunged into chaos. I figure that's the real reason why Yoda refused to train Luke and why Luke refused to train Rey. There's something about the teachings of the order that leads to something bad happening and galaxy being worse for it. I'd really like to know what they galaxy's opinion on Luke starting another Order was considering how roughly 20 years ago they were perfectly fine with a genocide of any and all Jedi. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it just seems like the new series doesn't want to touch anything beyond a Jedi Order as the only way to train in the light side.

That's why I say from the ground up. They can implement the teachings in a way that is better for the galaxy as a whole.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Personally, I'm all in about changes in the teachings of the Force but I want it to lean towards the Gray Jedi code instead of seeing another attempt about reviving the Jedi Order. I would like to see Disney exploring more the Old Republic era instead if they want to showcase anything related to the JO and the Sith since EU is no longer canon but that's just me.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Personally, I'm all in about changes in the teachings of the Force but I want it to lean towards the Gray Jedi code instead of seeing another attempt about reviving the Jedi Order. I would like to see Disney exploring more the Old Republic era instead if they want to showcase anything related to the JO and the Sith since EU is no longer canon but that's just me.

I'd love to see this or something like Kreia's Academy on Malachor in KOTOR 2

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They could adapt KOTOR into a movie, possibly?

BCVM22

They could adapt KOTOR into a movie, possibly?

No. They'd set a film in that era, at most. A Star Wars film is a massive financial and logistical undertaking - they would not put those resources into adapting an existing video game narrative. They'd have their preferred writer and director create something new, rather than force themselves to be beholden to an existing plot.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
No. They'd set a film in that era, at most. A Star Wars film is a massive financial and logistical undertaking - they would not put those resources into adapting an existing video game narrative. They'd have their preferred writer and director create something new, rather than force themselves to be beholden to an existing plot.

KOTOR's story in all likelihood would be superior to anything they could come up with. And they don't have to follow KOTOR's plot to the T; they could adapt from it.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
KOTOR's story in all honesty was only good for the twist. If they tried doing something like that now, people would hate on it so much for "you were the bad guy all along". KOTOR 2 is a storyline they should follow, with its meta view on the force that changes how you think about every decision you make. There's like a 2 hour long video called the Philosophy of Kreia's that perfectly sums up just how good the writing is. KOTOR 2 made you think about the force in a vastly different way. It made me think of it an animal that simply killed anyone it had to in order to get the results that it wanted. KOTOR 1 lacked that kind of meta discussion and after you know the twist the story gets a little dull.

Navin

MALDREAD
KOTOR's story in all honesty was only good for the twist. If they tried doing something like that now, people would hate on it so much for "you were the bad guy all along". KOTOR 2 is a storyline they should follow, with its meta view on the force that changes how you think about every decision you make. There's like a 2 hour long video called the Philosophy of Kreia's that perfectly sums up just how good the writing is. KOTOR 2 made you think about the force in a vastly different way. It made me think of it an animal that simply killed anyone it had to in order to get the results that it wanted. KOTOR 1 lacked that kind of meta discussion and after you know the twist the story gets a little dull.

KOTOR 1 wasn't just the iconic twist either; it had redemption, betrayal, an epic romance, and a grand adventure. I feel like both games should be made into films because of how much they tie in together and for their dichotomy. They could write a story that simplifies the Old Republic canon so that it ends with the Republic having their 1000-year peace age and with Darth Bane being the sole Sith in hiding who takes Revan's proposed Rule of 2 forward.

That is definitely not what "in all likelihood" means.

Hmm?

BCVM22

The story from a Star Wars video game is not "in all likelihood" better than what a screenwriter or team of screenwriters could conceive.

If what you meant is "well *I* really liked KOTOR's story and think they should adapt that into a movie," that's a separate discussion entirely.

Navin

MALDREAD
The story from a Star Wars video game is not "in all likelihood" better than what a screenwriter or team of screenwriters could conceive.

If what you meant is "well *I* really liked KOTOR's story and think they should adapt that into a movie," that's a separate discussion entirely.

Video games have told some of the best stories, and KOTOR I and II's story is easily better than the plot of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

BCVM22

KOTOR I and II's story is easily better than the plot of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

"Easily" according to you. Which is fine, but that's 100% subjective, which the exact point I'm making. Especially as you can't compare the plot and story of a deep video game like KOTOR to those of actual Star Wars films, because by their very nature they're conceived differently, they have to serve very different purposes, and achieve different goals.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
"Easily" according to you. Which is fine, but that's 100% subjective, which the exact point I'm making. Especially as you can't compare the plot and story of a deep video game like KOTOR to those of actual Star Wars films, because by their very nature they're conceived differently, they have to serve very different purposes, and achieve different goals.

If have to agree wholeheartedly with you. There's no possible way that they could translate an RPG into a movie efficiently. Part of KOTOR's charm, and part of any video games charm, is that the player is making the choices. That's what draws you into the story in the first place. Revan didn't want kiss Bastilla, YOU wanted to kiss Bastilla. HK-47 didn't execute a group of people, YOU executed a group of people. You take that personal factor that video games have and you have a pretty piss poor movie. Even worse, KOTOR's story is gained solely from conversations between characters, making for a movie lacking in action and soaked in dialogue. We're talking about a lot of scripts, a lot of time filming Revan talking to Carth about his dead ****ing family for the three billionth time, and even then a lot of story is received from numerous conversation choices that the game script is going to get thrown out the window. This is a labor intensive project that has a very high probability of flopping and costing Disneys stock to plummet. Something I'm sure they'd rather avoid after the Battlefront 2 fiasco.

I'd love to see it done as much as the next guy, but I highly doubt they ever will try something of the like unless they're absolutely positive it's going to be a success. Until then, bask in the fact that they're planning on remaking the game to fit into the new Disney canon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMG!!! Ahsoka's still alive for now <3!!!! Really curious to see how they'll end her journey but it's great that she's still with us :).

Also I like how they kind of redeemed Ezra by having him help Ahsoka stop the flames since he didn't with Kanan.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Not surprising. They aren't going to kill her offscreen