• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

srebak

Beginning Trainer
1. I saw the two latest episodes the day that they aired and I’m not sure what the message at the end of it all was if there was even a message at all

2. I am both a great deal anxious and a great deal nervous about the next few episodes coming out next week. Based on both the trailer and the Star Wars franchise’s habit of throwing in a great deal of tragedy, I have a gut feeling that we’re about to lose someone again in the final three episodes. And the thing of it all is, as bad as losing Kanan was, it felt like Ezra still being around wouldn’t have hurt the continuity of the OT, since technically Ezra was not a Jedi Knight, not even by the same loophole that made Kanan a one technically speaking, so Luke being called the last of the Jedi knights by Yoda would have still been very accurate and even if it wasn’t, one could still make the argument that neither Yoda nor Obi-Wan really felt that telling Luke about Ezra was all that important since his real concern was supposed to be dealing with Vader.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
1. I saw the two latest episodes the day that they aired and I’m not sure what the message at the end of it all was if there was even a message at all

2. I am both a great deal anxious and a great deal nervous about the next few episodes coming out next week. Based on both the trailer and the Star Wars franchise’s habit of throwing in a great deal of tragedy, I have a gut feeling that we’re about to lose someone again in the final three episodes. And the thing of it all is, as bad as losing Kanan was, it felt like Ezra still being around wouldn’t have hurt the continuity of the OT, since technically Ezra was not a Jedi Knight, not even by the same loophole that made Kanan a one technically speaking, so Luke being called the last of the Jedi knights by Yoda would have still been very accurate and even if it wasn’t, one could still make the argument that neither Yoda nor Obi-Wan really felt that telling Luke about Ezra was all that important since his real concern was supposed to be dealing with Vader.

Theyre most likely going to make Ezra some big hero who sacrifices himself or something lame like that or kill him off at the battle of Scariff since I think I remember hearing about how the final season would lead into that. Honestly, based on what little I've seen of the show, I don't expect anything really much and that fact that they didn't kill Ahsoka was a huge disappointment and completely ruined the feeling of her battle with Vader.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Theyre most likely going to make Ezra some big hero who sacrifices himself or something lame like that or kill him off at the battle of Scariff since I think I remember hearing about how the final season would lead into that. Honestly, based on what little I've seen of the show, I don't expect anything really much and that fact that they didn't kill Ahsoka was a huge disappointment and completely ruined the feeling of her battle with Vader.

As someone who loves Ahsoka, I completely disagree, I'm happy she's still alive and I hope lives past this 90 minute special. She deserves the live action treatment and seeing her show up to help Rey would be amazing.

EnglishALT

As someone who loves Ahsoka, I completely disagree, I'm happy she's still alive and I hope lives past this 90 minute special. She deserves the live action treatment and seeing her show up to help Rey would be amazing.

There is already talk of another show after this, I wouldn't be surprised if Ahsoka becomes the connective tissue that runs through the series, living through the Clone Wars, Rebellion, and then the First Order fight. Seeing how she hangs around with the Sister's Avatar, she may end up becoming some kind of watcher like the avatar owl has been through out Rebels.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Man these new episodes are everything the new trilogy should have been.

It was obvious Ahsoka would come back, she's a fan favorite and loved by many... cause she ain't a forced female lead Mary Sue like a certain scavenger from Jakku. I knew she'd be back eventually and it's nice to see her return, and shown how she survived. I liked that they acknowledged Vader should have killed her, gives me hope that Ezra won't somehow escape his inevitable demise at Palpatine's hand.

I look forward to Filoni's next masterpiece of a show, he should be in charge of things not Kathleen Kennedy....
He's a brilliant story teller, he had it all planned out from the start.
And seeing Palpatine finally make an appearance was amazing as well, he's obviously going to be in the next episode. We haven't seen the big Loth Wolf/Ezra vs Palpatine fight yet they teased.

Also, "Zeb don't!" lol ain't falling for that... they pulled the same **** with Rex on a season 3 trailer. They're probably expecting you to think he dies but really it's somebody else.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
There is already talk of another show after this, I wouldn't be surprised if Ahsoka becomes the connective tissue that runs through the series, living through the Clone Wars, Rebellion, and then the First Order fight. Seeing how she hangs around with the Sister's Avatar, she may end up becoming some kind of watcher like the avatar owl has been through out Rebels.

I'd be more then ok with Ahsoka coming back in a new series as long as it's set post episode 6. Seriously there's so many years of story to tell there that is unexplored still.

I'm sick of the canon rules of Luke's the only one left. I wanna see some more new Jedi, even if they do die by the new trilogy.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Man these new episodes are everything the new trilogy should have been.

It was obvious Ahsoka would come back, she's a fan favorite and loved by many... cause she ain't a forced female lead Mary Sue like a certain scavenger from Jakku. I knew she'd be back eventually and it's nice to see her return, and shown how she survived. I liked that they acknowledged Vader should have killed her, gives me hope that Ezra won't somehow escape his inevitable demise at Palpatine's hand.

I look forward to Filoni's next masterpiece of a show, he should be in charge of things not Kathleen Kennedy....
He's a brilliant story teller, he had it all planned out from the start.
And seeing Palpatine finally make an appearance was amazing as well, he's obviously going to be in the next episode. We haven't seen the big Loth Wolf/Ezra vs Palpatine fight yet they teased.

Also, "Zeb don't!" lol ain't falling for that... they pulled the same **** with Rex on a season 3 trailer. They're probably expecting you to think he dies but really it's somebody else.

The fact that she didn't die felt like it ruined her character for me. Her death was so powerful at that moment that I really felt sorrow for her. Seeing her back just kind of down plays the whole moment and makes me wonder what the hell even happened in the first place. Like, how the hell did she get away from Vader, who had intended to kill her. And don't say he let her get away because this is a guy that killed his wife and tried to kill his best friend after slaughtering a bunch of children. It downplays both characters to say that either she ran away or Vader let her go. The moment was perfect and totally made up for the Inquisitors BS. It was the perfect ending of a fan favorite, like the end of a good book. If you want to see what happens when you take a "fan favorite" and refuse to give it the ending it deserves, then go watch the last 25 seasons of the Simpsons. Good things end, and not killing her will only make the character worse by making her unkillable.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The fact that she didn't die felt like it ruined her character for me. Her death was so powerful at that moment that I really felt sorrow for her. Seeing her back just kind of down plays the whole moment and makes me wonder what the hell even happened in the first place. Like, how the hell did she get away from Vader, who had intended to kill her. And don't say he let her get away because this is a guy that killed his wife and tried to kill his best friend after slaughtering a bunch of children. It downplays both characters to say that either she ran away or Vader let her go. The moment was perfect and totally made up for the Inquisitors BS. It was the perfect ending of a fan favorite, like the end of a good book. If you want to see what happens when you take a "fan favorite" and refuse to give it the ending it deserves, then go watch the last 25 seasons of the Simpsons. Good things end, and not killing her will only make the character worse by making her unkillable.

Um...you do realize she was never confirmed to die right?? We even saw her walking into a cave at the end of that episode. And they literally just explained how she got away. Ezra saved her. He essentially saved her from that force gate and then left her back at the cave meaning she never died to begin with. He didn't bring back a dead character.

There is no time in that world between worlds, every moment from the past and future is there which is why we could hear the voices of the future as well as the past. Ezra saved her right from the end of season 2 and only just now realized it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Imagine the nerd squealing in the theater if Rey finds an elderly Ahsoka Tano in Episode IX, and that's the real reason they don't wanna kill her off is that

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya'll, that finale was amazing!!!! And omg Ahsoka is alive after episode 6, YES!!!! I can't wait to see her again hopefully in live action <3!!!! And holy plot twist, Kanan and Hera had a son!!! I hope he's force sensitive as well.

I really do hope Ezra survived somehow and is really out there somewhere, seeing him and Ahsoka come together to start the Jedi order again from scratch along with Rey would be a dream come true!!!

Seriously I legit started crying at the end when i saw Ahsoka in the epilogue, seriously this finale was perfection in my opinion :).

Edit: Yes!!! Dave just confirmed Ezra survived, Ezra and Ahsoka are both alive, **** yes!!!!

Last edited:

EnglishALT

Holy.... we got Captain Pellaeon, Force Pikes, confirmation Rex was at Endor, and a pretty amazing ending for everyone on the crew. Deep down I kind of want them to just trash Episode 7 and 8, and start over with Thrawn returning leading the remnants of the Empire, with Ezra and Ahsoka helping Luke put together a Jedi order that combines the teachings all three have learned.

And holy plot twist, Kanan and Hera had a son!!! I hope he's force sensitive as well.

I worry that if he is force sensitive, which there is a big possibility he is, then that means he probably was at Luke's academy, and we all know how that ended...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The finale was so perfect.
But where was AP-5 this entire season? He was an amazing addition to the crew but he never came back up.
And at first I thought the Droid Army was coming back when Wolfe was told he wouldn't believe what was about to happen.... but the freaking space whales returned!

Hondo's friend survives anything...
And Ruhk's death was made hilariously done by Zeb. "Yeah, he's gonna have to call you back." *Ruhk gets barbequed* "Yeah, nevermind about calling back."

I'm glad they didn't kill Zeb and Sabine off, they didn't need to die so it was nice to see they both made it out.
Thankful Pryce died, she didn't deserve to live for killing Kanan. And no space doggos were murdered!

Whatever happened to Wolfe though? Did he stay on Lothal with his new Wolfe pack? It'd be pretty sad to send him back to the crawler all alone....
No explanation on Hondo either, but I'm okay with that. It allows for him to show up in other stuff before the next show starts.
I really love how Zeb and Kallus' relationship evolved through the series from mortal enemies to becoming best friends, it was a really nice touch and if that's the last we see of those two I am perfectly okay with that.
Rex confirmed to be at the Battle of Endor.... and Hera had a son with Kanan?!

I get how Ezra could survive the space warp.... he's force sensitive, but Thrawn?! The window's wide open and he's standing in it! I'm curious how Filoni will explain their survival and what they did to survive all those years before Ahsoka and Sabine find them.

The end's practically a hint at his next project, Ahsoka and Sabine going off to find Ezra. It'd be awesome if Dave brings Boba surviving back into canon.

EnglishALT

I get how Ezra could survive the space warp.... he's force sensitive, but Thrawn?! The window's wide open and he's standing in it! I'm curious how Filoni will explain their survival and what they did to survive all those years before Ahsoka and Sabine find them.

I thought the wolves could also go through hyperspace in a way, so maybe the whales went from planet to planet with a hyperspace wormhole, allowing Ezra and Thrawn to survive with out being exposed to vacuum.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So according to the star wars novels, Kylo is the reason Rey kind of knows how to fight with the light sabers and knew force stuff. Apparently when they did their mind links, some of his knowledge entered her. I kind of like that idea tbh, a force link sounds cool.

So according to the star wars novels, Kylo is the reason Rey kind of knows how to fight with the light sabers and knew force stuff. Apparently when they did their mind links, some of his knowledge entered her. I kind of like that idea tbh, a force link sounds cool.

If you find force links to be cool, I recommend that you try out the game Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords since I somewhat sure that is where the force link first originated.

Navin

MALDREAD

So is that why Rey was screaming throughout the fight, lmao?

If you find force links to be cool, I recommend that you try out the game Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords since I somewhat sure that is where the force link first originated.

It was the first KOTOR that had the Force connection between Revan and Bastila. Not to mention, Kylo Ren's mask heavily drew from Revan's.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Finally a chance to get some usage out of the Disney app with Star wars Rebels!

Ahsoka is alive after episode 6, YES!!!!

My thoughts exactly! Even after watching her showdown with Vader way back when I was still hoping that she survived somehow some way. I don't really comprehend it but Ezra did good.

I am ok with the time skip, that was a fine choice of timing. (epilogue)
Another favorite part of the finale in my book, is that Rex was still around all the way through Return of the Jedi. Its was only a brief mention but a huge detail.

Years ago when I first heard about something called "The Clone wars" I always simply assumed that the Clones were evil. While members of the Clone army were mere pawns in the Emperors plot to take over, for a period of time the Clone troopers were super cool defenders of the Republic.

If someone knows the extra backstory to why most of the clones could not disobey orders right away, I think they can appreciate that Rex might have been present at Endor.

I don't know how much need there would be for Clone troopers in the new Republic/ new Star wars but I think it would be neat if they made a return in some form or another. They needed a redemption story as much as anyone.

Nice finale!

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Finally a chance to get some usage out of the Disney app with Star wars Rebels!

My thoughts exactly! Even after watching her showdown with Vader way back when I was still hoping that she survived somehow some way. I don't really comprehend it but Ezra did good.

I am ok with the time skip, that was a fine choice of timing. (epilogue)
Another favorite part of the finale in my book, is that Rex was still around all the way through Return of the Jedi. Its was only a brief mention but a huge detail.

Years ago when I first heard about something called "The Clone wars" I always simply assumed that the Clones were evil. While members of the Clone army were mere pawns in the Emperors plot to take over, for a period of time the Clone troopers were super cool defenders of the Republic.

And anyone who knows the extra backstory to why most of the clones could not disobey right away, I think can really appreciate that Rex was at Endor.

I don't know how much need there would be for Clone troopers in the new Republic/ new Star wars but I think it would be neat if they made a return in some form or another. They needed a redemption story as much as anyone.

Nice finale!

I'm just thrilled she survived. Ahsoka is my favorite star wars character so seeing her alive and even the thought of her being able to appear in live again is just amazing <3!!!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I really hope we eventually get some explanation for Snoke. Also, whatever happened to Rae Sloane. I feel they should make a spin-off movie meant to answer things half-way between the original and sequel era

Navin

MALDREAD
I really hope we eventually get some explanation for Snoke. Also, whatever happened to Rae Sloane. I feel they should make a spin-off movie meant to answer things half-way between the original and sequel era

Honestly the hype of knowing who Snoke is or any of the questions posed by TFA has been diminished. TLJ should have explained Snoke's origins (even a few more lines would have sufficed), and how Snoke seduced Kylo to fall to the Dark Side (the film made it seem that Kylo was shocked by Luke and that somehow led him to take a bunch of students and kill everyone and burn the entire place down????). Now, it's kinda anticlimatic when you know that this big bad Dark-side user ends up going out like a punk.