• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Honestly the hype of knowing who Snoke is or any of the questions posed by TFA has been diminished. TLJ should have explained Snoke's origins (even a few more lines would have sufficed), and how Snoke seduced Kylo to fall to the Dark Side (the film made it seem that Kylo was shocked by Luke and that somehow led him to take a bunch of students and kill everyone and burn the entire place down????). Now, it's kinda anticlimatic when you know that this big bad Dark-side user ends up going out like a punk.
Definitely. It would have added some more meat to the story itself. It felt lacking due to not having much of a back story.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Holy **** guys!!!! The clone wars are back <3!!!! My boo Ahsoka returns again :D!!!!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's very exciting
I hope they get to do that Boba vs Cad Bane fight they talked about at a previous Comic Con or SW celebration.... it was one of those. Cad Bane's still yet to have been used post-Clone Wars outside of a Darth Maul comic, which was set before Phantom Menace. Unless they're saving him for the possible Boba Fett movie. I loved Cad Bane and I was disappointed Rebels didn't get to use him or any Bounty hunters.

If young Kanan gets an episode appearance, instant 10/10.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
So supposedly the next upcoming movie in the sequel trilogy will be the end of the Skywalker arc.

On the one hand I am ok with the idea of telling other stories from other characters, heck I sincerely don't feel we have had enough stories starring alien characters.

But on the other hand, I feel like this means Kylo Ren is gonna have die which sucks that the Skywalker legacy will have such a sad and miserable ending.

I'd much rather have Kylo Ren redeemed without the whole "death equals redemption" cliche

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
...no? There's nothing about "the end of the Skywalker saga" in and of itself that says he has to die.
I honestly hope your right

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So supposedly the next upcoming movie in the sequel trilogy will be the end of the Skywalker arc.

On the one hand I am ok with the idea of telling other stories from other characters, heck I sincerely don't feel we have had enough stories starring alien characters.

But on the other hand, I feel like this means Kylo Ren is gonna have die which sucks that the Skywalker legacy will have such a sad and miserable ending.

I'd much rather have Kylo Ren redeemed without the whole "death equals redemption" cliche

I'm like 90% sure they are just referring to Luke and Lea lol. I mean it makes sense after all this time to pass the torch. Plus they can always just show more of them in the prequel shows and stuff.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I for one would like to see them tell stories not centered around the Skywalker family. Because these 9 films can be described as the "Skywalker Space Soap Opera".

There's a whole galaxy for them to explore, so many different species, and ideas. I'd like to see a completely original story with out any connection to the original films.

BCVM22

And there are at least six of those - two separate trilogies - being developed right now. I question whether we see all of those, but the intent is there.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I for one would like to see them tell stories not centered around the Skywalker family. Because these 9 films can be described as the "Skywalker Space Soap Opera".

There's a whole galaxy for them to explore, so many different species, and ideas. I'd like to see a completely original story with out any connection to the original films.

I mean this film seems to be the last one so I think you are getting your wish. Although I do think that some characters like Chewie and R2D2 will most likely still at least cameo in a lot of the films just cuz they are staples.

I do hope that certain characters from the original films should appear still since they haven't gotten the live action treatment yet. Ahsoka and Ezra being the main two I hope to see. I actually think it would be pretty damn cool to see some sort of Ghost Rebels reunion movie once Ezra is found.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Dave Filoni's new show!
It looks like the animation style Iron Man Armored Adventures was in lol

I hope he manages to make Phasma interesting, Clone Wars made General Grevious one of my favorite villains. The dude is solely responsible for wiping out all the night sisters AND Mother Talzin herself! Quite underrated

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Dave Filoni's new show!
It looks like the animation style Iron Man Armored Adventures was in lol

I hope he manages to make Phasma interesting, Clone Wars made General Grevious one of my favorite villains. The dude is solely responsible for wiping out all the night sisters AND Mother Talzin herself! Quite underrated

Well at least you have some rational thinking. The dumpster fire that is the comments section of the trailer video clearly shows off the best and brightest of the star wars fandom lol.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Never read the comments. Ever.

Trust me, I've learned that lesson already lol. It's just ridiculousness how just vindictive and hateful these people are. There's absolutely nothing in that trailer that warranted 9,000+ dislikes.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
So I saw Star Wars Solo the other day and while I liked it, I felt it was unnecessary.

This is going to be a bit hypocritical of me but I felt that we didn't need to know Han's backstory (its hypocritical because I would've loved to know Snoke's backstory) not every character needs their backstory explained, and in some cases when they do need their backstory explained it doesn't have to be a full movie in length it could just be a few lines for the viewers to a get an idea what that characters life was like. Also its better not to explain all backstories in my opinion so the viewers can expand their imagination and come up with their own ideas and interpretations.

This is all my opinion, if you disagree with it that's fine

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey guys, has anybody been watching Resistance?? What are our feelings on it?? I've only watched the premiere so far and was wondering if they connected it in any major ways yet?? Other then Leia of course.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
For the Star wars movie solo, I liked seeing a familiar face for one of the figures hiding in the shadows but the rest seemed so-so. I can see the set up for a sequel but is the rest of the story good enough to hold up until then?

I watched the first episode of Resistance. While I don't think its bad per se, I liked the Clone wars (both 2d and 3d) versions almost right away when I saw them. Resistance sort of skipped over story parts that I would have been interested in and went somewhere else. Its appropriate that the premiere episode is titled "The new recruit" I think this show has some work to do before I would be able to call it "good". I reserve judgement for now since its still so early.

Return of the Clone wars hype!