1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by RedJirachi, Mar 11, 2016.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

You know what's one Star Wars character I would love to see adapted in a live-action film? Darth Traya, the Lord of Betrayal.

Okay, so imagine this. There is this female elderly Obi-Wan/Gandalf like person right? That's Traya and she becomes the main character's mentor. The big twist here is your Obi-Wan is a Dark Lord but the most puzzling thing is that she asks the main character questions on just how reliable The Force is? This is because the dark lord wants you to be your own person, not become a Jedi or a Sith as she greatly despises both the Jedi and Sith because she was betrayed by both, realizing that both sides are fragile groups too dependent on The Force to live their lives.

For the Jedi, you cannot reach enlightenment without the force and for the Sith, you cannot be free without the force, that every deadly conflict that sought after "balance" is often grounded to the force. Due to this, Traya hates the Force and she wants to try to kill the Force, becoming the main antagonist of KOTOR II. She is essentially the character that makes people question George Lucas's original vision for The Force, make them think on their own just how reliable The Force is. Making you realize the "enlightened" Jedi rely too much on their own teachings to weed out emotions and other oppositional views that their ignorance have often lead to the creation of the Sith. For the "free" Sith, you realize that they rely too much on the Force to live their lives as seen in Darth Sion and Nihilius whose lives have become largely dictated by the Force because they will literally die if they don't heavily rely on it, become less like free-thinking individuals and more like beasts who need to survive.

2. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Does anyone remember Star Wars:Rebels? Im currently rewetting the show on disney plus and forgot how good it was.It showed us a lot of interesting things in the star wars universe like how they discovered hyperspace,time travel,the origins on the B-Wing.I felt like the first season was kinda slow but season 2 really made the show a lot better.The show also brought back a lot of old characters like Rex,Ahsoka,Hondo,and lots of others.I really hope they make a sequel to the show because the show was ended on a massive cliff hangar.If you haven't seen it I recommend it to any Star wars fan.

1rkhachatryan likes this.
  3. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

Ha, yeah.

The show gets flack for not being The Clone Wars, but in some ways it's better than clone wars. I did like how it simultaneously managed to be a continuation of The Clone Wars and be it's own thing, without seeming like it was juggling the two. Which was part of why the resistance show disappointed me as it didn't really feel connected to Rebels or The Clone Wars, at least from what I've seen.

It was cool how they brought back Thrawn, the excitement in that room was palpable, but the way they dropped the whole inquisitor thing was quite sudden. Also the show had the problem of showing imperials as not being able to shot straight which slightly irked me as I know there is the whole stormtroopers can't aim joke, but I never really liked that joke as the stormtroopers weren't that bad as far as the movies go, yes the do miss main heroes a lot but star wars is not unique in having excessive plot armour and in episode 4 Tarkin wanted them to escape the death star so they could follow them to the rebel base so the y weren't trying to hit them anyway. They made Imps shody shots in the Mandalorian too though so I guess that's just a thing now.

But yeah Rebels was good and I liked it.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  4. Emboar_Rulez

The helmets mess up their aim as established in the show.

I hate that their weren’t really any lightsaber battles in season 2 or 3 I really wanted a rematch with Vader it a proper Kanan vs Maul rematch.I didn’t like how Mauls final battle was so short but might be because of Old Obi wans battle style like in a new hope.

5. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

Yeah, it almost felt as if they season 2 finale was building to something that never really arrived, apparently there was a Vader V Maul fight that ended up on the cutting room floor. Though I do think the Maul versus Obi wan duel had its own charm, it certanly wasn't what I was expecting.

Well yah that's the in-universe reason that they established with Rex, but I wan't a fan of that narrative decision in general. I mean they used it as excuse for the heroes constant victories in the first season, but as the show evolved they could've made the stormtroopers more of a threat rather than use a throwaway line to justify how they'd used them before.

6. Emboar_Rulez

I really wish they had the Mail vs Vader fight since fans really wanted that though maybe they dueled before the season 2 finale since he mentioned how he was unable to beat Vader alone.

I like how everyone was making fun of Rebels but not that resistance is our people are making fun of that instead.The animations keep getting worse

7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Kanan's in the new Clone Wars season! I was hoping we'd see him get an appearance!

Hopefully we see Cal and his master at some point too

AgentKallus likes this.
  8. Emboar_Rulez

I was very excited to see Kanan I instantly recognized him though I’m confused about Ahsokas new lightsabers since I’m the Ahsoka book she said they were green when she hid them and their blue in the trailer.
    Also the episodes have been revealed we’re getting 4 bad batch episodes 4 Ahsoka after she leaves episodes and 4 siege of mandalore episodes.I don’t know why Ahsoka gets 4 episodes instead of like 2 I feel like they could’ve done some other episodes idk

9. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

Whilst I'm glad they brought clone wars back they are doing much less than they could be, before it was initially cancelled they were gonna make a full length season 6,7 and 8. Now I know some of the ideas for those seasons were turned into books and stuff like Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple but it still feels like a shame they are only doing like 12 more episodes but I'd rather that than nothing.

Same, although I'd like to see them tie it in with more stuff that came out after the show first ended, Like they could have planets introduced in sequels be in some of the episodes, have an episode that shows the precursors of the Cloud Riders fighting Maul's precursor to crimson dawn or maybe have Ahsoka meet Maz Kanata, like I wouldn't want anything too forced but one of the biggest pitfalls of the sequel trilogy to me is the world-building, like it doesn't feel very connected to the rest of the saga, we only really see new planets and new species of alien but if they snuck some of that stuff into the new The Clone Wars episodes it'll help bridge the gap.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    SerenaRulez likes this.
  10. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Omg totally missed Kanan until now lol.

11. Zoruagible

I just hope they bring in the end of Cad Bane.
    I loved that character and he never got brought up again, if he's dead then I'd like to see that onscreen rather than "Oh, Boba Fett killed him in a scrapped episode"

12. Emboar_Rulez

Considering he's never mentioned past clone wars sadly I think Boba Fett killed him.Cad Bane was one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy so I feel like he wouldve been hired to track down the Falcon in ESB plus Vader knew Bane and surely would've hired him if he were alive.I hope they mention his death in season 7 but honestly doubt it.In the scrapped episode we saw them both shoot each other at the same time probably to see who the best bounty hunter is but Cad Bane didn't have armor so sadly I think he is dead.

I hope they make a comic or something explaining how Beckett killed Aurra Sing and give storys to the other bounty hunters we know nothing about in canon like 4 Lom,Zuckess,Embo,Bossk ect

13. 1rkhachatryan

So I finally watched Rise of Skywalker and I absolutely loved it!!! I'm excited to see how the Jedi are bought back now that they can actually thrive and get a chance to rebuild before **** hits the fan again. We need to see another clone wars like saga where there are multiple of both sides and now we have the chance with Rey being at the head along with Ahsoka and possibly Ezra. There's also Kanan's son who will probably be force sensitive and hopefully Baby Yoda.

wolf jani likes this.
  14. Emboar_Rulez

I was confused about something in the ending
    Basically at the end it is revealed Rey made a new lightsaber out of her staff but why wasn’t it a double bladed one?Also what didn’t Luke give Rey his green lightsaber as well??Now it’s just gonna be collecting dust on Anch-To.I was also sad when I realized R2-D2 witnessed the birth and death of Leia and that was sad for me.

15. 1rkhachatryan

So I just read that Poe is force sensitive?? I wonder if this could lead to Rey training him to better utilize his skills. Would be nice to see more Jedi running around.

16. Emboar_Rulez

Well Poe grew up with the force sensitive tree shown in the shattered empire comic.He mentions this in one of the comics but I think he has the force to a small degree because of that but nothing major.

17. 1rkhachatryan

I feel like if you have the force even a little it can be improved though.

18. Zoruagible

I'm disappointed they cut the Padme art on the Bad Batch's ship. That scene was hilarious

19. Emboar_Rulez

The scene that replaced it was so much better though.

What are the odds if seeing Grievous or Dooku this season? Even just a hologram

20. Zoruagible

So... Palpatine was a clone. Wow
    Let's just make the sequel trilogy even worse, shall we?

Well they could show the canon version of Grievous capturing Palpatine.