• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Honestly Obiawan killing maul off makes more sense in story, but it's just too hard to imagine passing up the myth maul/vader fight.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Honestly Obiawan killing maul off makes more sense in story, but it's just too hard to imagine passing up the myth maul/vader fight.

Eh, it's not like Vader and Maul have any personal relationship with one another

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Unless Maul somehow survives a fight with Vader I don't want to see them fight, he deserves to meet his end at Obi-Wan's hand. Be it Rebels or a Obi-Wan movie

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Unless Maul somehow survives a fight with Vader I don't want to see them fight, he deserves to meet his end at Obi-Wan's hand. Be it Rebels or a Obi-Wan movie

It should be Rebels. A lot of the casual, movie-only watchers probably think Maul is dead. Even if they heard he's alive, unless they watch the CGI cartoon they don't know specifics. Almost everything about Maul's character is part of the CGI cartoon, its where his story really begins and where it should end

RedJirachi

Veteran member

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Even that aside, Vadar at this point in time again Maul right now is outright stronger.

It'd be pure fanservice and everyone knows it.

Zoruagible

This season is so damn good. I like how every episode(So far at least we'll see about the episode coming up today, looks filler-ish to me) has centered around one of the main characters and gave them character development.
Nothing like the Space Whale filler from last season.

They sure are taking a long time to get back into the Maul plot though. We haven't seen him since he learned about Obi-Wan being alive

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Who here hopes we might get to see more Star Wars Infinities(well, what-ifs)?

BCVM22

Marvel doesn't seem to have any inclination to publish that sort of book right now. Could be Lucasfilm themselves said "nah," could be Marvel's happy with the current slate of ongoing titles with 2-3 limited series a year (including the Cullen Bunn/Luke Ross Darth Maul limited series that was just announced today).

If it is the latter, you can't really blame Marvel, because not only has the stuff they've been putting out since they started publishing Star Wars been almost uniformly pretty good - to the point where the sales support ongoing titles for characters original to those comics - but it also gets the stamp of being canonical, within reason. The fact that there's a new Star Wars film of some variety annually from last year through to 2020 also means Marvel has no shortage of movie material to mine and upon which to base comics. Less need for stuff like Infinities, which were good reads but inconsistent.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What do you think are the most likely Star Wars spin-off ideas? I would say Tatooine Obi-Wan and Boba Fett

Zoruagible

Just Boba Fett..... I don't think giving Obi-Wan, Yoda, Han Solo and others their own movie is necessary at all. They should explore and cover Boba Fett's life after the events of Clone Wars, up to his original appearance, then show him escaping the Tatooine pitt

If Maul and Obi-Wan really get to fight and Maul finally drops dead for good in Rebels, then it really isn't necessary for Obi-Wan to get one. What would it be about? Maul's the only one who would give Obi-Wan a good story for a movie, considering he's stuck on that planet.

Navin

MALDREAD
Thoughts on Rogue One:

[spoil]

Pros:

* Star Wars is no longer the black-and-white 'good v evil.' I appreciated how the Rebel Alliance is shown to do some questionable acts of their own in a time of war (as one would expect), and I actually hoped for more of that than what was shown. Furthermore, Saw's insurgents at Jedha City gave some modern-day extremist vibes (obviously nothing comparable to ISIS though), especially with how their actions killed some bystanders and they tortured Bodhi.

* While I wanted Darth Vader to personally kill the heroes, I was satisfied with how he was presented. The wordplay in his choking pun was brilliant and the hallway scene did him justice.

* Disney didn't hold back, and allowed the filmmakers to kill off all the protagonists, which makes sense since none of them are to be found during the Original Trilogy.

* There were a lot of easter eggs/continuity that seamlessly tied both prequels, Rebels, and the original trilogy altogether.

* Action during the third act was fantastic.

Cons:

* The first and second acts had some pacing issues, especially with the planet jumping. I actually think the title crawl might have been better in this case (even if it made sense for it to be reserved for the Episodes) to help people understand what's happening. I feel like this film could have strongly benefited from an hour animated special uploaded on YT that sort of fleshed out some of the characters prior to this movie. I know there was a book that chronicled Galen Erso and Krennic's relationship, but even stuff like how Jyn got separated from Saw, how Saw and the Partisans established on Jedha City, Bodhi meeting Galen Erso, etc.

* I actually preferred if Cassian died in the way that it originally seemed since it was more realistic. But I guess it set up for the poignant apocalyptic hug scene. [/Spoil]

BCVM22

The Clone Wars is canonical and in continuity, as one of the few side productions to have remained in canon after the Legends split.

Zephraxe

The Clone Wars is canonical and in continuity, as one of the few side productions to have remained in canon after the Legends split.

Indeed, if not the only thing to have remained in canon besides Episodes I through VI.

From what I know, and if anyone who is unfamiliar with the current canon, the timeline goes as follows:

Episode I, Episode II, Clone Wars (TV Show), Episode III, Ahsoka (Book), Lords of the Sith (Book), Tarkin (Book), A New Dawn (Book), Rebels (TV Show), Rogue One, Episode IV, Heir to the Jedi (Book), Episode V, Episode VI, Aftermath (Book), Lost Stars (Book), Episode VII.

That's the current canon as I know it. I may have left out a couple books by accident (and maybe the exact order of books, especially the ones between Episode III and Rogue One), and I left out all of the canon comics as I'm not familiar with them.

With the fleshing out of the new canon, it seems we have a promising future for Star Wars ahead of us. I know it was hard for many to see the Expanded Universe go down the drain when Disney bought out Star Wars, but it seems that some of the best material from the EU is returning, even if some of those things are small details, including the Hammerhead ships from KOTOR, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Darth Bane, and much more. One of my new favorite additions being
Darth Vader's castle, though it's been relocated to Mustafar, which is a fantastic change that is rather poetic.

I look forward to the future of Star Wars, especially with the Star Wars Anthology films. I imagine that the Han Solo/Lando Calrissian film we will get two years from now will not be nearly as dark as Rogue One. I hope we get to see their escapades together dealing with crime lords and gangs across the galaxy and how Han won the Millenium Falcon from Lando. It's hard to imagine how they will do the Boba Fett movie we will get after Episode IX, though. They could do anything from his adventures during the reign of the Galactic Empire, or even what happened to him after he got thrown into the Sarlacc Pit (as it's heavily implied in a couple sources that he got out of the beast and survived). Although those are the only movies that are currently slated for development, if we fans keep asking and pushing, there's a good chance we will get Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda Anthology films in the future, if not others.