• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

Red and Blue

To think both of the Skywalker twins might bite the dust. And in the same film.

I only just discovered ep 8 had a title announced now, and yo waddup that is a very foreshadowing title. Who is the last Jedi? Are they referring to Luke or Rey? Or even Kylo? Is there a small chance it's Leia? There are so many opportunities for speculation here that all the film theorists are gonna have a field day.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It's true from a certain point of view.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I like to think Rey is most likely Luke's daughter, but the problem with that is that it's too obvious. As such I believe if Luke is her father, then that can't be the main twist. In that case the real mystery is who her mother is and why she was left on Jakku

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
But we want more Jedi's not less. Seriously that was the best part about the Clone Wars show, it showed what I wanted to see. A bunch of badass Jedi fighting together.

Obviously there were issues with the Jedi order but that's the good part about starting over, a second chance. I don't wanna watch a remake of Luke's story except with Rey winning this time as the lone Jedi(or with just Kylo if they can bring him back.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think Luke has been spending these last years trying to create multiple light side orders, rather than the light being concentrated in one dogmatic group like in past

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm really loving this direction they are going with Sabine, her fight scenes have been amazing lately. She's becoming a real beast with her dark saber and lightsabers in general :)....

I wonder if the Master-Apprentice relationship of the Sith will now be the same setup for the Jedi. Since this is The Last Jedi, it might be interesting to see how that whole thing plays out, especially since Luke's plan to start a new Jedi Academy or whatever backfired.

I'm thinking that maybe people will continue to use the light side of the force, but they won't be banded together or have an official name anymore, since doing a master-apprentice thing will parallel the dark side, and as far a side I can see a writer wouldn't want to do that (although it'd be interesting to see).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm really loving this direction they are going with Sabine, her fight scenes have been amazing lately. She's becoming a real beast with her dark saber and lightsabers in general :)....

One good thing is it certainly saves her from dying if everyone else is doomed to.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Place your bets on who you think Snoke is:
* Darth Plagueis
* Gallius Rex
* A Sith Inquisitor
* A fallen Jedi
* Someone who used to be a part of the Galactic Empire
* Hundreds if not thousands of years old
* Someone from the edge of the galaxy or even beyond
* Just some guy called Snoke
* Other

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
* Darth Plagueis
* Gallius Rex
* A Sith Inquisitor
* A fallen Jedi
* Other

Yeah, about Rax. He's kind of dead. Rae Sloane killed him and then fled into the Unknown Regions to rebuild the empire into the First Order.

Zoruagible

* Darth Plagueis
* Gallius Rex
* A Sith Inquisitor
* A fallen Jedi
* Other

Inquisitors were already reported to be all dead by the time Star Wars episode IV: A New Hope happens. They already got phased out of Rebels, and I doubt they'll bring more into the picture. After Maul and Thrawn, it's stupid going back to lesser villains. Those two set the bar high for Rebels foes.
I personally believe the theory that he is a male version of Maz's species. And he's using a hologram to appear "big" and more intimidating while actually being small like Yoda, only he's evil.

Meluvia

Ghost Master
* Darth Plagueis
* Gallius Rex
* A Sith Inquisitor
* A fallen Jedi
* Other

I thought he was pretty similar to Plagueis.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I just saw Star Wars Rebels: Twin Suns.

Spoilered because biiig things happen.

That episode was amazing. I knew we would be getting the Obi-Wan/Maul face off, but seeing Ezra tag along, even if for a little while was pretty neat. He got a bigger ship out of it so he came off OK, just wish he had brought back some sort of proof that Obi Wan was alive to Rex...but then that risks Obi-Wan's role, so I am content with that.

The real deal was the final stand off between Obi-Wan and Maul and...despite it ending quicker than expected, it's actually perfect in execution. Yes, Ezra meets Maul and using Ezra to lure Obi-Wan out was brilliant, especially with Obi-Wan's quote; the truth is often what we make of it. After Ezra is sent away, the real showdown begins.

Seeing Maul content with leaving Obi-Wan on Tatooine, before slowly piecing together Obi-Wan's role was amazing, especially Obi-Wan's reaction. The tense stand off between the two was amazing, I could feel the jitters in me as these two were going to go at it one last time.

Three strikes later and it's over. Quick yes, but pretty much how it should be done. Despite Maul being profficient in single saber combat, he wanted to prove that he could be the man he once was and opted for double saber combat, a style that requires more energy than he had. Obi-Wan however, had embraced that his best days were behind him and opted for simpler movements (mimicking ANH) that could provide a deadly counter attack.

After Maul collapses, he finally realizes that Luke (although not by name) is the key to his vengeance against the Sith and comes to see Obi-Wan as his equal, two sides of the same coin, both looking to end the Empire.

Seeing the last shot of Luke running back to his home with the Twin Suns theme was just incredible. My only problem with it was that Leia was introduced earlier in the series as a fully grown adult, the same Leia who is Luke's twin. He should also be a fully grown adult, but here he's a young kid.

I will miss Maul. He's been my favourite villain across the whole animated Star Wars universe.. They could have done more yes, but I am very happy with his story all the same.

Zoruagible

This is probably one of my favorite episodes from this show, if not my favorite overall.
Seeing Tusken Raiders for a few seconds was great too. They showed them in a preview so I'd hardly say that is a spoiler.
Surprised Jawas didn't appear, when I saw Chopper coming along I thought we'd see a scene with them.

That final scene with Maul though.... that was absolutely beautiful. Maul realizing it was the Chosen One that Kenobi was protecting and knew he'd avenge them before passing away.... in Kenobi's arms too, loved how Kenobi held him.

I'll miss Maul, I mean it was pretty obvious he was going to die but still..... He is my favorite Star Wars villain overall. I hope next season my other favorites can come into play, Cad Bane and Boba Fett. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a Bounty Hunter episode at all yet. I'd have loved to see Sabine and Boba interact, but I might not see that happen now.

Looking forward to the season finale next week. I hope Kallus survives. And I can't wait to see who the next season's main villain will be. Which I'm sure they'll reveal at Star Wars Celebration given they're getting a preview of season four..... wish I could go to one of these.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I hope Thrawn doesn't disappear after the finale. He's been entertaining to watch and I'm not too keen on another 'big bad of the season'.

Also Hera! Hera and Chopper are my favourite characters on the Ghost, they have to survive next season!