• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

Zephraxe

I hope they can make the events of KOTOR and KOTOR II canon (forget the Old Republic stuff). Those two games are among the best of Star Wars stories.

They would make for an awesome 4-movie series.

Yeah that really would be awesome! It would be great to see Darth Revan as canon again, because he is such an awesome Sith. Although, in Rebels, people have theorized that the Sith Holocron's voice is that of Darth Kraya from KOTOR II.

Red and Blue

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I hope they can make the events of KOTOR and KOTOR II canon (forget the Old Republic stuff). Those two games are among the best of Star Wars stories.

They would make for an awesome 4-movie series.

He was so close to being canon. He had a character model for The Clone Wars, but it was scrapped because it contradicted the previous canon of him being, you know, redeemed.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher. May the Force be with you.

By the way, would you like to see Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin as Force ghost in Episode VIII?

I certainly would. They are my probably my favourite characters and they are so important to Star Wars Universe that I think it would make sense if they would still have roles in Episode VIII. I loved how they were referenced indirectly in Episode VII (Darth Vader helmet and talking about him, Obi-Wan and Yoda speaking in Rey's vision). I'd love to see them, or even one of them, as Force Ghosts, and I wish they at least get some sort of reference.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher. May the Force be with you.

By the way, would you like to see Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin as Force ghost in Episode VIII?

I certainly would. They are my probably my favourite characters and they are so important to Star Wars Universe that I think it would make sense if they would still have roles in Episode VIII. I loved how they were referenced indirectly in Episode VII (Darth Vader helmet and talking about him, Obi-Wan and Yoda speaking in Rey's vision). I'd love to see them, or even one of them, as Force Ghosts, and I wish they at least get some sort of reference.

Yes R.I.P. CARRIE FISHER you were an awesome person.

I would literally freak out if they did that cause it be soooo cool and totally agree with you there.
However I guess wasn't paying close attention during her vision cause I guess I missed Obi-Wan and Yoda@.@
I feel emberassed cause normally I find every small detail in movies and dwell on it for hours trying to decipher stuff.

Navin

MALDREAD
I just want something new.

Star Wars is quickly becoming a cinematic universe like Marvel, so stuff like Rogue One or the Han Solo film (most likely not the first SW movies watched by someone) can work by relying on established world-built material. However, at least Rogue One had something refreshing by introducing less black and white tonality (not simply Rebels/Resistance = good and Empire/First Order = evil), and how it handled the protagonists.

I don't want Episode VIII and IX, or Boba Fett's film, or whatever, to just keep reusing the same technology, Jedi/Sith, lightsabers, etc. What makes Empire Strikes Back truly great, unlike TFA, was that it further fleshed out the galaxy.

BCVM22

I don't want Episode VIII and IX, or Boba Fett's film, or whatever, to just keep reusing the same technology, Jedi/Sith, lightsabers, etc.

Rogue One was unique in that we got a whole Star Wars movie with only one lightsaber (and briefly, at that) and only cursory mentions of the Jedi. Given the timeframe of the Han Solo film (the Solo solo?), those elements will probably feature even less there. But if you're somehow tired of the ongoing battle between the Dark side and the Light, you might not be in the right franchise. The cyclical rise and fall of both sides is of the backbone of the saga. You're not going to find less of those elements in Episodes VIII and IX, particularly with Kyle Ren becoming stronger, and Luke beginning to train Rey.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Rogue One was awesome (better than Force Awakens atleast). My current SW movie ranking would go:

1. ESB
2. RoTS
3. RoTJ
4. TFA
5. ANH
6. AoTC
7. TPM

I do hope that movies 8 and 9 don't feel like rehashes of 5 and 6 like how TFA felt like a rehash of ANH.

Also RIP Carrie Fisher. May the Force be with you.

Navin

MALDREAD
Rogue One was unique in that we got a whole Star Wars movie with only one lightsaber (and briefly, at that) and only cursory mentions of the Jedi. Given the timeframe of the Han Solo film (the Solo solo?), those elements will probably feature even less there. But if you're somehow tired of the ongoing battle between the Dark side and the Light, you might not be in the right franchise. The cyclical rise and fall of both sides is of the backbone of the saga. You're not going to find less of those elements in Episodes VIII and IX, particularly with Kyle Ren becoming stronger, and Luke beginning to train Rey.

That's not quite what I meant. I used to follow the EU (before it became Legends) a lot back in the day, and there were a lot of cool stories out there. ANH and ESB are were critically acclaimed because they world-built new planets, technology, themes, characters, etc that were visionary. TFA was basically ANH redux, and while R1 did have some new, it only worked because it took place in the SW universe as a prequel to ANH (what was the point of Vader otherwise?). I know it's a lot harder now to create new concepts, but Lucas did so to some extent in the Prequel Trilogy (even if the execution was subpar).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/movies/debbie-reynolds-dead.html

So as if Carrie's death wasn't bad enough, her mother passed away today

Never before have I wanted the year to be over than any other in my life. No-one should have to outlive their child, but no-one should die almost immediately afterwards either. I can only pray that her daughter Billie finds peace of mind after such big a tragedy. Honestly, it makes me fear for my own family this might happen; my mom's in pretty bad health, and her mom is 91

Currently tearing up. R.I.P the both of you

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I know I'm late to say this, but RIP Carrie and her mother.

Got to see Rogue One today. It was very awesome to see. I like how the ending was a follow up to A New Hope.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Saw Rogue One today, it was amazing. More amazing than I thought. Would rank third, really close to the original Episode 4. Though Episode 5 remains unchallenged in my eyes

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This Rebels season really is proving itself again and again. I absolutely LOVE the duo of Chopper and AP-5. Zeb and them worked so well together in the last episode, and I was glad we FINALLY got another Zeb focused episode after so long.

But seriously, bring Cad Bane back already. They brought back all the good CW characters except him. Hondo, Ahsoka, Rex, Maul.....

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Twitter is an absolute lovefest of good jokes right now, get on it while it's still hot.

R.I.P Luke lmao