• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Omg guys Ahsoka was perfection on the Mandalorian <3!!!!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I thought it'd be hard to top the Ahsoka episode but this week did it! I can't wait to see Mando gathering up a crew of characters again to rescue Grogu! Hopefully Cobb Vanth is part of it

And I'm hoping that if Grogu contacted somebody... it's Cal, I'm loving this adaptation into live action this series is doing. I'd love to see him and Dr. Aphra appear in a show/movie at some point

So it is interesting that for Disney Investor Day, ten named Star Wars series/films were revealed yesterday. The ten being as follows:
Visions
Lando
A Droid Story
Rogue Squadron
Ahsoka
Rangers of the New Republic
Andor
The Bad Batch
Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Acolyte

Zoruagible

Bill Burr was absolutely amazing, I hope we get to see his character again. He's the one person alive who got to actually see Mando's face and he's keeping that a secret out of respect

I love how they turned his character from a typical 'villain of the week' into a awesome fleshed out character, I particularly love his line where he trashes the Stormtrooper helmet by saying "I can't see!"(Much like Rex in Rebels lol) and then goes "I don't get how you people see in those, and by you people I do mean Mandalorians."

It was also cool how last week it felt like we were getting a prison break episode, but nah Cara basically showed up and went "I'm borrowing the prisoner, k bye!"

This show has so many great characters, it feels impossible to hate any of them.

I'm freaking hyped for Bad Batch(and Rangers/Andor/Ahsoka too), it's like another Clone Wars season basically! :D

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
God I'm so hyped for the Ahsoka show, I hope Rex, Sabine, and Ezra are apart of it :).

My only negative is that if feels like they are setting up Gina to be a lead on that rangers show and no thank you. After seeing what she's been posting lately it's disappointing to say the least.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Gideon should be headed to Nar Shadaa.I compared several maps and Star charts and Nar Shadaa is right where it showed Gideon was headed.

Zoruagible

THIS was the Luke we were robbed of in the sequel trilogy! It's Mark Hamill too! :D

Very excited for season 3 and where Boba/Fenc and Mando/Bo's characters go next.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
My boy R2 <3!!!! I missed you buddy. Now they just need to have the Ahsoka and Luke meeting along with Ahsoka reuniting with R2 and all will be right with the universe :).

Zoruagible

My boy R2 <3!!!! I missed you buddy. Now they just need to have the Ahsoka and Luke meeting along with Ahsoka reuniting with R2 and all will be right with the universe :).

It's most likely going to happen, since the Mando era shows are all going to connect with Thrawn possibly being the main villain of it?

So chances are Luke and Ahsoka are gonna meet up at some point

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm so curious about this Bad Batch show that's coming soon, it supposed to be like the clone wars and a sort of sequel.

I know it's not likely but I hope we see some Jedi in the show, given the time period it isn't likely but still.

Zoruagible

And no Liam Neeson on the Obi-wan Kenobi show, aw. Guess it'll be a surprise if he shows, I hope he does.

I'm so curious about this Bad Batch show that's coming soon, it supposed to be like the clone wars and a sort of sequel.

I know it's not likely but I hope we see some Jedi in the show, given the time period it isn't likely but still.
There is a chance that they could showcase how Rex helped Gregor and Wolfe remove their chips

I don't really see any actual Jedi showing up unless... they actually make that "Mace survived!" theory canon. I have a love/hate relationship with that theory, on one hand Mace is one of my favorite Jedi, on the other.... too many people fall into the "Hahaha, you thought I died but I survived!" category. It worked for Maul and Boba, not Palpatine(Even in the EU it was stupid) and if they do that too many times, death won't be taken as seriously anymore.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And no Liam Neeson on the Obi-wan Kenobi show, aw. Guess it'll be a surprise if he shows, I hope he does.

There is a chance that they could showcase how Rex helped Gregor and Wolfe remove their chips

I don't really see any actual Jedi showing up unless... they actually make that "Mace survived!" theory canon. I have a love/hate relationship with that theory, on one hand Mace is one of my favorite Jedi, on the other.... too many people fall into the "Hahaha, you thought I died but I survived!" category. It worked for Maul and Boba, not Palpatine(Even in the EU it was stupid) and if they do that too many times, death won't be taken as seriously anymore.

Even if it's just glimpses of Ahsoka's time in hiding I'd be fine with that. It's just my main draw to Star Wars is jedi or if not Jedi at least force users like Grogu.

The bad batch are cool and all but idk if Clones can hold a whole series tbh. What made them so memorable is really their supporting status and their relationships with the Jedi, especially Rex with Anakin and Ahsoka.

Zoruagible

Bad Batch can't come soon enough, I like that they got Saw's original VA back considering that he's practically the same age. Be a bit weird to have him speaking like his movie counterpart given he's 16 years younger

I hope the show does well so we get more animation shows and Clone Wars spinoffs. I really want to see Maul's life from between him escaping Mandalore to him appearing again in Rebels

Zoruagible

Kanan was just as powerful a fanboying moment as Luke in Mandalorian was! I can never remember his master's name but I know it when I see/hear the name as soon as I saw it my mind went straight to 'Kanan!!!!" then to "OMG Kanan! :D" when he appeared onscreen
It's cool that Freddy Prince Jr is voicing him even as a young padawan

I also liked that we got to see a bit more General Grevious in the new artstyle, a few seconds instead of a blink and you'll miss it moment like in Clone Wars finale.

The show was dope, every second of it was awesome! Crosshair was an irritable jerk though but I guess they had to make an antagonist that the good guys can kill since Tarkin has plot armor(Cody should have been the antagonist if you ask me, but he could still be one in Kenobi. In legends Cody served in the empire and Disney's pulled a lot of Legends stuff like UGH Palpatine surviving his death and ruining Anakin's sacrifice, Luke's hand being used to create clones which is implied to be how Snoke happened....)
And it's cute how Wrecker has a stuffed animal lol, he's always been my favorite of the group since they debuted

They should just focus on the Empire and Republic era and ignore the sequel/High Republic garbage. Nobody asked for Geode the worst SW character ever, even a five year old has more imagination than that! (Pablo Hidago literally self inserted himself into the High Republic too :rolleyes: )

Zoruagible

Aye, they bought back Cut and referenced Rex, I hope we see Rex in this series and maybe Ahsoka too :).
I had a feeling that we'd see how he meets up with Wolfe and Gregor when he was confirmed to appear, him meeting Cut basically makes that a very high possibility. He's probably going around making sure his friends are okay and might fix the ones that he can

Ahsoka depends on rather or not they split off yet, given they only mentioned Rex I'd say it's likely just him.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really like Bad Batch so far, I like how they are all struggling with figuring out what to do when they don't have a purpose anymore. Also Omega is a great new addition who I really want Ahsoka to meet :).

Zoruagible

I love all the fanservice, I was actually watching Clone Wars and had gotten to the Cad Bane arc when I noticed the time and went 'Oh, Bad Batch time!' Cue to the end and guess who shows up, the best bounty hunter :D

That moment was really suspenseful as it looked as if Hunter or Cad Bane could literally shoot the other right then and there, heck I actually thought Hunter DID die after Bane shot him! It was a pleasant surprise to see he survived.

The new clone introduced this week is a cool guy, I'm guessing he isn't a mindless drone as his general is NOT a Jedi therefore he couldn't do Order 66. I hope he survives and gets to join the Bad Batch crew or go off to hang with Rex's friends

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I've started a watch/rewatch of StarWars.

I've seen Episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 a long, long time ago and Episodes 7 and 8 when they came out. I haven't watched any of the animated shows, nor Solo, RogueOne, the Mandelorian or the Book of BobaFett. Also, I have no memories of Episode 3 (probably haven't watched it aside from clips of Anakin and Kenobi on lava) and the reason for this rewatch is to finally watch Episode IX..

I'm having trouble on understanding what the chronological order actually is and also, what to watch and what might be skippable content.. My general mindset was to watch it all chronological.

As such, I've started with Episode 1 and currently rewatching Episode 2.

As far as I know, I thereafter have the option of going immediately to Episode 3.. or I can watch the animated Clone Wars movie and the accompanying series before continuing with Episode 3?

My only issue with that is that the series is roughly 52 hours of content.. and thus I'll need to watch 2 hours daily for the entire month of februari... While I also have a regular job, kids and also want to play LegendsArceus.. xD