• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars discussion

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I think having all out star wars thread is in order.
So here we can discuss star wars:
Movies
TV shows
Books
Video games

I personally love the young jedi knights book series, it involves Han and liea’s kids training at lukes jedi academy.

I'm a big fan of the films an an even bigger fan of the expanded universe. There's some fantastic books/comics out there that really improve and develop the characters introduced in the films

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I'm a big fan of the films an an even bigger fan of the expanded universe. There's some fantastic books/comics out there that really improve and develop the characters introduced in the films

I personally have only read 1 comic book, and it was about darth maul’s “real death” at the hands of lukes uncle.
I like the lego star wars games, and battlefront, but I want to get the old republic soon.
My friend even managed to get me to go to the 3D showing of SW1 a few months ago.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Disney bought Clubpenguin when i played it and ruined it for me. I hate how disney ar eplanning to make 3 more movies for the star wars saga. The only good thing coming out of this is that the $4 Billion George Luas got from Disney is gogin to charity

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
Disney bought Clubpenguin when i played it and ruined it for me. I hate how disney ar eplanning to make 3 more movies for the star wars saga. The only good thing coming out of this is that the $4 Billion George Luas got from Disney is gogin to charity

Well, we really don't know anything yet. They may be amazing movies for all we know. All we really know is that George Lucas isn't totally involved, so it won't be as bad as the prequels, at least.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Well, we really don't know anything yet. They may be amazing movies for all we know. All we really know is that George Lucas isn't totally involved, so it won't be as bad as the prequels, at least.

i dont really see why everyone hates the prequels so much. i like 2 and 3, and i liked 1 when they reanimated yoda.
but granted the original trilogy is better but that doesnt meant the prequels suck.

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
i dont really see why everyone hates the prequels so much. i like 2 and 3, and i liked 1 when they reanimated yoda.
but granted the original trilogy is better but that doesnt meant the prequels suck.

Watch Harry Plinkett's reviews of the prequels. I'm not linking to them here, because he cusses a lot, and a good amount of people on this site are kids, but they can easily be found on Youtube.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Watch Harry Plinkett's reviews of the prequels. I'm not linking to them here, because he cusses a lot, and a good amount of people on this site are kids, but they can easily be found on Youtube.

wjo cares what 1 guy says.
as long as a movie is entertaining i usually like it.
i prefer the SW books though, especially the ones that take place after episode 6.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
wjo cares what 1 guy says.
as long as a movie is entertaining i usually like it.
i prefer the SW books though, especially the ones that take place after episode 6.
No really, the Plinkett reviews are required viewing for people who have seen the prequels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

I would advertise these as satire, greatly comedic, but they're also incredibly well written and well structured reviews and the final part of his Episode 3 review is all so painfully and sadly true.

Taichi

God, that voice from that reviewer is terrible. If there was a written version of this, I'd definitely read it, but I can't sit here and hear this. Seriously. And without Episode 1, there wouldn't be a Duel Of The Fates track which I absolutely love.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It's not actually his real voice, it's just a character he does so he doesn't sound like a huge nerd (which is true, I guess) or an armchair critic. The review would be pretty boring if there wasn't any humor to it.

Taichi

It's not actually his real voice, it's just a character he does so he doesn't sound like a huge nerd (which is true, I guess) or an armchair critic. The review would be pretty boring if there wasn't any humor to it.

That was him trying to NOT to be boring and being humorous? I'd prefer if he did sound like a huge nerd instead, at least that way he wouldn't bore me to the point of being tired. Like I said, I'd gladly read a transcript or something of his review, but there's no way I am listening to that.

Kurry

God, that voice from that reviewer is terrible. If there was a written version of this, I'd definitely read it, but I can't sit here and hear this. Seriously. And without Episode 1, there wouldn't be a Duel Of The Fates track which I absolutely love.

I actually enjoy listening to it. Yeah, it is monotone and quite unenthusiastic sounding, but I think it makes the review all the more hilarious.

Matthew16

Pokemon Collector
I hope the new star wars movies will be on the expanded universe, really ant to see mara jade in live ction

BCVM22

I hope the new star wars movies will be on the expanded universe

They've already said definitively that the new films will be original material. That doesn't mean they can't take elements from existing EU material, but taken at face value, it would indicate that they won't be adapting any existing stories outright.

There probably gonna take events from the EU and put there own spin on it.

Like the kids. I could easily imagine them making the new films about the next generation of solos and skywalkers. Maybe not the same names or personalities as the ones in the EU

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Why is the "I am your father." line parodied so much?

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
I'm a big fan of Star Wars. I love Star Wars movies (all six), books, comics, TV shows and video games.

I hope that upcoming Star Wars movies will be great ones.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Why is the "I am your father." line parodied so much?

Because it is one of the most famous plot twists in film history. Not even James Earl Jones knew about the twist until after they filmed it. I don't know, why is Clark Gable's "Frankly my dear" line so often parodied? Or lines from The Godfather? If you've seen Empire Strikes Back or have any knowledge of its significance and still feel compelled to ask, then you are probably won't understand anyway.