• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Star Wars the rise of Skywalker discussion thread(spoiler prone area)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What did you guys think of the newest installment of the Star Wars series?
How did you you manage to see it already? Tickets must have been sold out for months.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I feel like there were a lot of unanswered questions.
Like how the hell did Palpatine survive and who was that old lady at the end of the movie?
I did love kylo ten in this movie though he was just great!

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I feel like there were a lot of unanswered questions.
Like how the hell did Palpatine survive and who was that old lady at the end of the movie?
I did love kylo ten in this movie though he was just great!

Palpy probably survived by cloning and /or sith magic. That old lady was probably just a random person who lived near Luke's old house

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
The thing with Palpatine
I heard that there’s gonna be a deleted scene with him doing like a force teleport or something when he falls down the pit cloning wiuld make things too similar to legends though I did like the whole thing with him creating Snoke to train Kylo Ren

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Saw it. I thought it was good but not great. Honestly when I saw this, the entire sequel trilogy just felt like a reboot/reimagining of the original trilogy. There are a lot of fun moments and you can tell that the people behind this movie are literally ripping material from Knights of the Old Republic but it also felt like they were trying to rush this movie altogether just to finish the trilogy. For example, Ben and Rey's relationship together develops pretty fast over time that it got me wondering if there was an entire 2 hours of storytelling missing there. It's a good film, I did like the twists but they really weren't shocking. It's weird, it felt like a film with honestly good ideas that lacked that compelling execution as strange as it sounds. Like the execution felt good enough but it's nothing really amazing.

On another note. Who else thinks Rey has a Force Baby? So in the movie, there's this scene where we see Ben Solo revive Rey and he places his hand on her stomach, the area where the womb is. Then she calls herself Rey Skywalker at the end of the film and it got me thinking, is she calling herself Rey Skywalker because she had a force baby, similar to Anakin's birth, possibly caused by Ben Solo? If so then that subtitle, Rise of Skywalker, makes so much sense now and that's honestly a pretty interesting way to setup sequels.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So who else thinks Palpatine based Snoke on Darth Plagueis?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The new kinda debunked that theory by stating that Snoke
Snoke was created by Palpatine as a way to turn Ben Solo to the dark side so he can’t be Plaguies
I meant that while creating Snoke Palpatine based him on his previous master Plaguies. Maybe he thought Plaguies had traits due to which Palpatine turned to the Dark Side and that it might work on Ben

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Any idea who:
The old lady st the end is?I thin it may be likes friend from the deleted scenes in episode 4

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was definitely better than the **** show known as Last Jedi
But it felt rushed. Palpatine's back already once the movie begins, no explanation as to how he survived... he's just back. It made the whole theory of Palpatine wasn't planned to come back VERY convincing.

I do love that my favorite character of this trilogy(Poe) actually got stuff to do this movie, and had a love interest introduced as well(Putting an end to the Finn/Poe shippers for good. Finn obviously loves Rey, it was there in the first movie and this one...)
And I wasn't much a fan of how Palpatine got defeated(It was quite stupid honestly) but I did love the part where Kanan and Ahsoka(I had the biggest smile hearing those two speak!), Mace, Anakin, Liam Neeson, Yoda, and Luke speak to her. I did notice later that Ezra and Cal weren't in that scene so I'm guessing they're still out there somewhere
And best of all the worst Star Wars character of all time? Pushed aside lol Nobody likes Rose, her actress is great but the character is awful.
And Lando's role actually felt fitting, unlike what Rian Johnson did with Luke! You know something's wrong when the actor himself says it was bad -_-

Ben's sacrifice was quite fitting considering he idolized Anakin and basically did what Anakin did, sacrificed himself for somebody he loved and fully redeemed himself in the eyes of the force. I know Reylo shippers are upset about it but it fits.... you think the galaxy would just accept Kylo after everything he's done?

Any idea who:
The old lady st the end is?I thin it may be likes friend from the deleted scenes in episode 4

Just some random lady.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
It was definitely better than the **** show known as Last Jedi
But it felt rushed. Palpatine's back already once the movie begins, no explanation as to how he survived... he's just back. It made the whole theory of Palpatine wasn't planned to come back VERY convincing.

I do love that my favorite character of this trilogy(Poe) actually got stuff to do this movie, and had a love interest introduced as well(Putting an end to the Finn/Poe shippers for good. Finn obviously loves Rey, it was there in the first movie and this one...)
And I wasn't much a fan of how Palpatine got defeated(It was quite stupid honestly) but I did love the part where Kanan and Ahsoka(I had the biggest smile hearing those two speak!), Mace, Anakin, Liam Neeson, Yoda, and Luke speak to her. I did notice later that Ezra and Cal weren't in that scene so I'm guessing they're still out there somewhere
And best of all the worst Star Wars character of all time? Pushed aside lol Nobody likes Rose, her actress is great but the character is awful.
And Lando's role actually felt fitting, unlike what Rian Johnson did with Luke! You know something's wrong when the actor himself says it was bad -_-

Ben's sacrifice was quite fitting considering he idolized Anakin and basically did what Anakin did, sacrificed himself for somebody he loved and fully redeemed himself in the eyes of the force. I know Reylo shippers are upset about it but it fits.... you think the galaxy would just accept Kylo after everything he's done?

Just some random lady.
This scene confirms Ahsokas death.Hopefully we will find to soon how she died but it was probably during her search for Ezra at the end of star wars rebels

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Btw,
so, what was the point of the kid from the end of TLJ

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Btw,
so, what was the point of the kid from the end of TLJ
Maybe to show that Rey may be the last of the Jedi but they’re are still force sensitives across he galaxy which they used to show there is still hope for the Jedi?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OKAY! OKAY! So I just found this out but what I believe to be the greatest Star Wars main character to ever be created, Revan, is apparently canon thanks to this movie! There were hints previously that hinted to Revan but in the Rise of Skywalker...

The Sith Legions in the movie are named after famous Dark Lords and one of them is Revan! Heck yes!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OKAY! OKAY! So I just found this out but what I believe to be the greatest Star Wars main character to ever be created, Revan, is apparently canon thanks to this movie! There were hints previously that hinted to Revan but in the Rise of Skywalker...

The Sith Legions in the movie are named after famous Dark Lords and one of them is Revan! Heck yes!
Also, in the scene where
Rey is called on by all the jedi, some of those voices are by characters from Clone Wars and Rebels