• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

StarCraft II... now with release date.

Cobalt_Latios

July 27th, 2010

This is for the "Wings of Liberty" game. As some of us know, they're going to be making a 2nd game for the Zerg race, and a 3rd game for the Protoss race. Though, I'm sure they're all playable in the multiplayer of this one.

Also, this little tidbit is amusing:
The standard edition will retail for $59.99, while the Collector's Edition, which includes the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set on a 2GB flash drive, for $99.99.
What, they couldn't just toss it onto a regular 4.7GB DVD disc?

C_L

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I really want the art book.
I really want the soundtrack.
I really want the game.
I really don't want to pay $100.
I don't care about the dog tag.
I don't care about the WoW pet.

Penguinist Trainer

Well I'm definitely getting the collector's edition since i've only been waiting like 10 years for this sequel. It's a shame though, because I promised my brother I would get it for him when it came out. Unfortunately he is shipping out for the air force in a month. So maybe when he comes back after I've already mastered the new units heheh...

Cobalt_Latios

I played the first few levels of Starcraft.

Does it like, pick up or anything? I'm too scared to go online, knowing 'dem nerds.
The only warning I can give you is this: be very prudent towards "rushing".

It's when players will attempt to quickly get a certain unit and then throw them at you without any warning. It's worst when they do so early, because it can really cripple you.

I actually went back to the online last year... but then stopped because I was reminded of the reason why I quit in the first place. Hopefully they fix it a bit so that rushing is a tad trickier. Not that I'm against rushing, it's just that when you're against people that only do this, it becomes a real drag.

C_L

Penguinist Trainer

It depends on what you mean by "pick up or anything". Are you referring to the storyline, the difficulty, etc?

Since you said you only played a couple levels, you're still pretty early in the game. The difficulty does get progressively harder. Mainly because as you go through the game, you'll be getting access to new buildings, new units, etc.

Also think of the different levels as different battle scenarios, since you typically won't be able to beat the level the same way each time.

If you are nervous about going online right now, I recommend beating the game 1st, so you can get a good feel of the all the units and find a play-style that suits you best.

For instance, I'm a Zerg player. I'm all about sending wave after wave of cheap units at the enemy to wear them down and decimate them. Defensive strategies usually revolve around blitz ambushes against units heading towards my base.

Find a way to play that appeals to you, and you'll enjoy yourself.

I hope that answers your question.