• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starfox Command

Naruto Uzumaki

Cascade Trainer
Is anyone here going to get starfox command for the ds?I will. I thinks it looks cool and awseome.Plus it has wi-fi connection so yeah I'll get it.

Zora

perpetually tired
It was a horrible game. Why? Control Scheme. If they used the buttons, it would be a top-tier game. Okay, so it was not horrible, but the control scheme is horrible.

water types rule

Iv'e never played it but I read that you use the stylus for 99% of the controlling, and I don't really like using the stylus for movement, it's too hard. So I guess I'm not getting it, it could've been really good, if the buttons were used as something more then decoration, like Zora said.

Turtloopa

Nintendo!
I'm really doubting about getting it. Stylus control, 1 ship in multiplayer, no co-op and no rail levels does not sound that good.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
it'next to MD on my "to-get" list.
Same here! I don't know which one to get... Arrrgh! it's so hard to decide...

It was a horrible game. Why? Control Scheme. If they used the buttons, it would be a top-tier game. Okay, so it was not horrible, but the control scheme is horrible.

So? The control scheme on Hunters was off too but we all got used to it eventually.

Nick Mckenzie

dddddddddddddddddddd
I was never going to get it, I don't like the Fox games.

Zerodius

Eternally hating D/P
The game would have been great... if they had allowed the players to do this simple thing:

I WANT TO CONTROL MY SHIP USING THE BUTTONS!!!!111111!!!!

No, don't talk about Metroid Prime Hunters. That game, at least, allowed basic movement to be made via the D-pad. In fact, the stylus managed two movements ; the looking direction (doubled as aim) and the morph in/morph out function.

In Starfox Command, the buttons only act to fire and nothing else. That's right. EVERY SINGLE MOVEMENT is made using the stylus.

Results:

-Barrel roll into a wall rather than slalloming around it.
-Moved the ship rather than barrel rolling through the killer beam-o-destruction.
-Precision, where art thou?

The list go on.

If you are masosichistic enough to get used to the control scheme... then good for you. All other players will wait for a good Starfox game to be finally released.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
The game would have been great... if they had allowed the players to do this simple thing:

I WANT TO CONTROL MY SHIP USING THE BUTTONS!!!!111111!!!!

No, don't talk about Metroid Prime Hunters. That game, at least, allowed basic movement to be made via the D-pad. In fact, the stylus managed two movements ; the looking direction (doubled as aim) and the morph in/morph out function.

In Starfox Command, the buttons only act to fire and nothing else. That's right. EVERY SINGLE MOVEMENT is made using the stylus.

Results:

-Barrel roll into a wall rather than slalloming around it.
-Moved the ship rather than barrel rolling through the killer beam-o-destruction.
-Precision, where art thou?

The list go on.

If you are masosichistic enough to get used to the control scheme... then good for you. All other players will wait for a good Starfox game to be finally released.

I'd say on the game I dont have a problem with the control scheme. But when I was on WiFi for like the first 10 seconds someone was about to shoot me down so I turned it off. Im not going back on WiFi till I beat the game so.

The map on WiFi looked weird and I didnt know what I was doing >_<;

Oh yeah - I hate having to draw lines to attack people and clear smog and crap - that made the game hard...>>;

~Scott;229;

Cobalt_Latios

Ok, ill give my opinion on this...

Firstly, the graphics are quite good and make the game much more entertaining. It had the polygonal look which made it look more retro which is i think the intention of the creators. The ship designs are quite cool and the animation is decent too.

The controls... *sigh*. Let me just say that if you have the original DS, yes this could get frustrating because of the small stylus. For all of us DS Lite owners, it's a different story. I actually felt it was relatively easy to control the ship; i dont think i could have managed with piloting it with the d-pad(i have problems with this in ratchet & clank going commando with the starship fights, not very fun and quite difficult). Also, the fact that you could use the stylus to drop bombs was quite convenient, i enjoyed dropping incredibly precise shots on my foes(makes things a little easier when you dont have much time left). Also, i found barrel rolling to be quite easy, though having to tap the stylus on the screen again to disactivate it was a tad excessive. Boosting is quite usefull and isnt really a chore to do. Though i dont really like braking all that much.

Audio is pretty decent, though i havent played any of the original Starfox games so i cant really talk there now can i? All in all, the sounds are alright and the fact that you can use your own choice of words for the characters gibberish is quite funny.

Overall, this game isn't that bad and once you get used to it, it tends to be quite enjoyable and isnt really that bad of a game. For anyone who doesnt like the control scheme, is this because you still have the original DS? If so, at least get yourselves a DS Lite stylus. It makes things a lot less painfull(when i started playing on Metroid Prime Hunters, the control scheme took a long time to get used to. Once i tried it with the DS Lite, everything changed.)

There you have it, i have spoken.

~C_L~

Bulk

I might get it. Yeah, I will, only because I'm still looking for a Star Fox game that beats Lylat Wars. If this doesn't do it in 10days, I'm taking it back.

Infinity

Gone...
It does take time to get used to the stylus, but once you go through a couple playthroughs it's easier. Really, I must applaud Nintendo for doing this as it does something very innovative with this game. SF started out being an innovative series and it sticks to that.

Panther and Leon are awesome.

"Panther will make you late for your hot date."

"I want flowers! I want a parade!"

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Ya know, here's my real opinion:

It sucks.

1. Using the Touch Screen for control is stupid. You can end up scratching your screen >_>.

2. I hate having to draw on the map. I kept trying to beat the 3rd Mission for a while and I still can't beat it. Drawing on the map is stupid

3. WiFi - Impossible to Win. Obsessed game nazi's killed me in less than a minute on WiFi. Also - the control on WiFi was really screwy in my opinion and the map confused me.

I hate it. I think I'll let my brother have it since I hate it. IMO - I <3 Star Fox Assault but this follow up just plain sucked imo.

~Scott;229;

Zubeon

16 Playable characters including my hero Panther Caroso.

I'll get it the day it comes out, instead of Mystery Dungeon