• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Tyrell

I find it kinda refreshing that Litten has this "I don't give a d@mn" look to it. Almost every Starter we've ever gotten has always appeared to happy-go-lucky excited. But then we have Litten who seems like he could care less whether you were the very best like no one ever was or lost every match possible. It just wants it's catnip and to be left the heck alone.

Also, I know this has been said WAY too many times but did Gamefreak seriously not see the connection between naming him/her Litten when it's ability is Blaze? It's like they're asking for it to become the 4/20 mascot. I swear, if it's evolution has anything to do with smoke, I'm convinced we're getting troll'd.

Snivy did have the smug look, which was also refreshing to see. Smug and prideful, quite fitting for it really. I do like Litten having that type of expression, also having that opposing personality of being passionate but also hiding the emotions it has. Really nice touch.

alexterri

Now that I really think about it, I think we should wait until at least the second evols are revealed before we REALLY start speculation on the final forms types. I think the only one that's obvious is Rowlet, and that's just because its already a dual-type.

That being said, if I HAVE to guess a secondary typing for Litten, I'll go with fire/rock because I really want a volcano tiger pls make my dream come true gamefreak

as for popplio...I dunno. I mean, I'm hoping they don't go with water/ice because we already have enough water/ice seal pokemon as it is

knightwolf09

The markings aren't right for a tabby's forehead. I picked that up really fast but wasn't sure what the change was for. I think the eye and stripes together are close enough to possibly be intentional given this fact and it made sense when someone pointed it out to me after I gave them all the other reasons I thought it was poison. I had originally thought the forehead markings were to look more like a cracked bomb. People have also noted some other alchemical symbols possibly in the other two starters so it very well could have been a thing... or people are trying too hard. I do know that Game Freak has played around with using the sulphur symbol in the past though, but I don't think it ended up on any final designs. So my original reason for suspecting poison was not dependent on the sulfur symbol at all, but was purely based on the fact that it was set up a bomb with a personality type that is sometimes called poisonous, but also sometimes called explosive so really you could dismiss all the poison references and mark them all down as just bomb or happenstance, but where is the fun in that? Really it just means there is room for it to become poison, not that it will be.

And as a side note, most of the poison plants are based on non-poisonous plants.

Tabby Litten.jpg

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/9/168775.jpg

See what I mean?

B. Thunder Tiger

Now that I really think about it, I think we should wait until at least the second evols are revealed before we REALLY start speculation on the final forms types. I think the only one that's obvious is Rowlet, and that's just because its already a dual-type.

That being said, if I HAVE to guess a secondary typing for Litten, I'll go with fire/rock because I really want a volcano tiger pls make my dream come true gamefreak

as for popplio...I dunno. I mean, I'm hoping they don't go with water/ice because we already have enough water/ice seal pokemon as it is

I'm completely with you there. Its better to speculate once second evos of these starters get revealed. Right now, everyone is going in circles trying to outdo the other endlessly in circles. That said, yeah, I'm still supportive of a Fire/Rock, but I'm also not shy for a Fire/Dark added with a volcanic theme.

Orphalesion

There aren't even any good fakes of the evolutions yet, I could only find a few joke ones and one or two pretty uninspired serious ones.

Fire Tigress

I'm just really curious as to what their shiny versions will look like. I know it will be an exact color match to Umbreon, but I really hope Litten gains blue stripes against black fur. Though I wouldn't be opposed to blue stripes on white fur :)

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I wish I could vote for the poll now, but I don't want to decide prematurely without seeing their final form. I was so #TeamFennekin back in XY, and then it turned out that I was #TeamFroakie after all. But based on very simple judgement out of the three, I'm actually #TeamLitten right now. I don't know why.

alexterri

I noticed that I tend to like the fire starters the best. Either way, #TeamLitten

Rowlet

I'm just really curious as to what their shiny versions will look like. I know it will be an exact color match to Umbreon, but I really hope Litten gains blue stripes against black fur. Though I wouldn't be opposed to blue stripes on white fur :)
I would like to see Autumn colors for Rowlet with light brown feathers and orange leafs.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm really hoping Litten doesn't because bipedal. We haven't had a single fully bipedal Fire starter yet, and I really don't want to see a cat on two legs. They should just make Popplio bipedal instead, fits him better.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm guessing:

Rowlet- Red leaf bow tie (make this happen, GameFreak) and slightly dark brown.
Litten- Orange stripes instead of red.
Popplio- Pink or light blue.

Fire Tigress

I'm really hoping Litten doesn't because bipedal. We haven't had a single fully bipedal Fire starter yet, and I really don't want to see a cat on two legs. They should just make Popplio bipedal instead, fits him better.

I agree. We have enough bipedal starters, lets go back to quad :)

knightwolf09

I think Popplio will get the Samurott treatment and become semi-biped, able to stand all fours to it's hind flipper things, whatever you call those on sea lions. Also I hope Litten becomes biped, it'll help it stand out from other cat pokemon.

World Turtle

Popplio is going to become a dog/wolf sea lion thing with 4 limbs. Of all the seal pokemon it is the only one that can stand completely up right. It's tale fin more like feet (clown shoes) than any of its sea lion brethren. He has the head of a weaner dog. its front fins have full range of motion like arms, It's focus is on being an acrobat and found a way to overcome it's ground handicap, and it's front fins have those lines that implying claws are going to develop. It is a sea lion now but I think that will change slightly. He also kind of has an inverted color scheme to oshawott. That's what makes me believe he will evolve to be better suited to land instead of have oshawott evolved for the sea.

Considering Popplio's name might is partly derived from "ʻīlio-holo-i-ka-uaua" (Hawaiian for the Hawaiian monk seal, meaning "dog that runs in rough water") the idea he might gain more dog like traits as he evolves is plausible.

alexterri

I agree. We have enough bipedal starters, lets go back to quad :)

Yeah, the only thing that might make me drop Litten [besides its final evol being super ugly] is it being bipedal. I want more quad starters!

knightwolf09

Since when was biped or quad even an issue? IMO who even cares? If they can walk then I'm good.

Rowlet

It's not an issue really I just like seeing new things is all. They can for sure make a Litten evo biped and make it look good no doubt but all fire starters have been biped so I would just like something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.