• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

knightwolf09

I was think it could take on more of it's sea lion traits. If it's going to be fairy, maybe it could look majestic yet powerful, like Miliotic, or Gardevoir.

goodpeople25

Well most things can be cute if in the right circumstances, but I think Meganium is the only one to have "Cute" as a design choice and (maybe) having less intended "badass" than the others.

Last edited:

storm12

Weather Bearer
I was think it could take on more of it's sea lion traits. If it's going to be fairy, maybe it could look majestic yet powerful, like Miliotic, or Gardevoir.

This. I personally much prefer these sorts of designs to big hulking monstrous ones and I can definitely see Popplio go towards this rather than 'hulking elephant seal' as so many others are saying.... then again something I've just realised? Elephants are also known to be circus animals so maybe Popplio could evolve into a more literal elephant-seal? :S

knightwolf09

this. I personally much prefer these sorts of designs to big hulking monstrous ones and i can definitely see popplio go towards this rather than 'hulking elephant seal' as so many others are saying.... Then again something i've just realised? Elephants are also known to be circus animals so maybe popplio could evolve into a more literal elephant-seal? :s

no! No elephant seals! Not even literal elephant seals!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
What if Rowlet and it's evolutions learn Acrobatics? The move does more damage when there is no items on the pokemon and could combat Popplio if it is Water/Fighting. Like other Fire starters, I can see Litten learn Solar Beam.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Given how the last two Water starters ended up, I wouldn't be surprised if Popplio ended up being a martial artist or some other ancient Japanese warrior with Water/Fighting instead of an acrobat. It can have what Samurott should've had.

And as stated before, it should be more of a Sp. Attacker than Physical Attacker.

Edit: Also, if Popplio does have monk seal inspiration, it could end up being a Japanese Warrior Monk.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Given how the last two Water starters ended up, I wouldn't be surprised if Popplio ended up being a martial artist or some other ancient Japanese warrior with Water/Fighting instead of an acrobat. It can have what Samurott should've had.

And as stated before, it should be more of a Sp. Attacker than Physical Attacker.

Edit: Also, if Popplio does have monk seal inspiration, it could end up being a Japanese Warrior Monk.

From clown seal to Japanese warrior monk....seems legit.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It's a shame that we have to stick with Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent as starter abilities every generation. I would have liked different abilities for once. There are hidden abilities but not everyone can gain access to them. Of course there is mega evolution but the chances of these starters having mega evolution is slim.

knightwolf09

Isn't the craziest leap GameFreak has made.

'Cough'Oshawott going from an otter to a samurai sea lion'cough'

At least Oshawott stayed true to it's samurai theme. Many pokemon do. Plus Samurott is a hybrid of an otter and a sea lion, so it's still technically an otter. We can't use that excuse forever.

clbgolden12

At least Oshawott stayed true to it's samurai theme. Many pokemon do. Plus Samurott is a hybrid of an otter and a sea lion, so it's still technically an otter. We can't use that excuse forever.
Even then, there are tons of other examples of Pokemon jumping from one thing to another.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
What if Rowlet and it's evolutions learn Acrobatics? The move does more damage when there is no items on the pokemon and could combat Popplio if it is Water/Fighting. Like other Fire starters, I can see Litten learn Solar Beam.

Why would rowlett need to combat popplio? He already has a type advantage.

knightwolf09

Even then, there are tons of other examples of Pokemon jumping from one thing to another.

Yeah, animal wise, not theme wise. Even Remoraid and Octillary keep their weapon theme, and even then most of those weird changes were ones from the early stages of pokemon, where they just had a lot more fun.

Testing123

Another reason I don't want these typings to be the case is because I'd be EXTREMELY pissed at the webdesigner. It shouldn't have been that easy to find, especially for a surprise this big. For what reason would he even have it up there? So he wouldn't have to later? Guess what, your're going to have to do that anyway for future pokemon reveals. Way to screw the pooch on that ya lazy bum.
Precisely why I don't believe these "leaks". The designer could be straight up fired for this.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I figure since the water starter can learn ice moves that Rowlet could have a strong move like Acrobatics. Of course Rowlet might be faster due to being part Flying so it could just have speed to help out.

Oh, that makes more sense.

clbgolden12

Yeah, animal wise, not theme wise. Even Remoraid and Octillary keep their weapon theme, and even then most of those weird changes were ones from the early stages of pokemon, where they just had a lot more fun.
It could keep a theme of various entertainers, going from a clown, to an acrobat, then a fighter.

JD

I hope they give Popplio a cool moveset, If he ends up being a Water/Fighting type I'm not sure what moves they could give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.