• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I just wish they'd give us the beginner forms. Heck, even an outline would've been nice.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
You know what, I don't care what they are. I just wish they'd all look horrible in the early stages and give us all a huge punch in the face for being awesome and cool in their final stages of evolution. Fennekin really ruined everything for me last generation. Switched to Team Froakie (still chose Chespin, though) right away.

agree... Fennekin was a complete letdown... I remembre I couldn't thinking about that cuteness in schoole when it was released... I drawed it times and times again in my books hahaha. And then Braixen came and I was like... take it easy... take it easy... it is still good. and then... once upon a time... DELPHOX! nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! However... I chose fennekin with the girl character and graninja in the boy one. Chestnaugh is just tremendously horrible IMO.

I was really, really, really hoping for a RACOON starter with speed and special attack. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Like Sly Cooper or something hehehehe

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I just want another Flying starter Pokemon. I don't even care which one it goes to. I love having my starter Pokemon fly me around mid-game. We've only had that in two games so far (Fighting on the other hand...).

I also think another Steel starter would be pretty cool.

Chomper4

I think the grass starter will be a llama, the fire starter will be a red panda, and the water starter will be a narwhal.

Grey Wind

Rock, Grass, Ice typings for the starter base forms and ending up as Rock/Water, Grass/Flying, and Fire/Ice for their final evolutions.

That's a really cool idea. I'd love if they only gained the elemental typings when they evolved.

My only hope is that they have good designs. I care more about that than type combinations, really.

GalaxianEX

I won't no type combination repeats from the previous Gen and, of course, no Fire/Fighting... Never again...

Xuxuba

I only hope 3 things:

1 - That it gets a clean design, without too much going on to the point of not knowing what is his mouth and what is his eye.

2 - That it gets unique type combinations. No more Fire/Fighting, please.

3 - That it doesn't look completely different in his final evolution.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I am thinking the idea of having different types than water/fire/grass all together would be really refreshing, although that is a huge part of the starters.
Or as someone said, only the water/fire/grass typings coming out at the fully evolved form, that would also be quite refreshing.

FireChick

I'd love it if they used animals such as the pudu, a woodpecker, a hummingbird, a rabbit, a hamster, or a dolphin, or even a snake!

I'd also like it if they had a fire/fairy type.

Ditto24

I wouldnt mind having another flying type starter, only more birdlike and not dragonesque

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I wouldn't mind if they broke the fire, grass, water cycle.

I wouldn't mind as well, except if Nintendo's twitter account is anything to go by, Sun/Moon is still going with Grass/Fire/Water

Since Grass starters stick to prehistoric creatures, I'd love a prehistoric bird, which would give us a Grass/Flying <3

.Aerodactyl.

I'm calling a split evolution for the final starters ;) May not happen, but I'm predicting. It could be as crazy as giving two completely different secondary typings, or just a subtle aestetic and stat change but definitely a way to refresh the system.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I'm calling a split evolution for the final starters ;) May not happen, but I'm predicting. It could be as crazy as giving two completely different secondary typings, or just a subtle aestetic and stat change but definitely a way to refresh the system.
If that were ever to happen, I think that could blow open the doors to give every past starter an eventual split evolution as well. ("Omg Gen 8 Sinnoh remake give us Sinnoh starter split evolutions plz")

Ichneumon

I'd like a grass bird as well. It would fit great in a team with Blaziken and Empoleon.

I hope they continue with giving every starter a secondary type, at least in its final evolution. They shouldn't repeat any previously done combo in the starters (fire/fighting, I'm looking at you!)

TheEliteEmpoleon

Right now all I'm asking for are some good designs and at least one unique typing between them/their evolutions. I do tend to pick the water type starter a lot, so of course I want that one to be good.
I can't help but feel like they're going to try to sneak in one with a fairy typing, and it's going to have to be really good for me to shake the feeling that it's only there to plug the new type more.

Status
Not open for further replies.