• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm fine with Rowlet's, it's a nice design and concept, so I have few complaints about it.

I still have mixed feelings on the other two though, I may get used to them, but I'm not a fan of their evolutions. Still picking Litten as I shall stand by my kitty, even if it turns into a wrestler.

Rowlet

Also due to the leaks we know the final typings will be

Grass/Flying
Fire/Dark
Water/Fairy

So pretty much the typings everyone guess

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
As long as the Litten evo is Fire/Dark, I'm still choosing it.

Still kind of bummed that we got ANOTHER quadruped to biped Fire starter, but oh well...

Nuzlocker4Life

ugh double post, my bad

Attachments

• OMG HOPE RESTORED.jpg
    OMG HOPE RESTORED.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Nuzlocker4Life

WAIT. GUYS. There is still hope. Just came across the leak that talked about Alola Forms. READ
Veleh9g.png

THERE IS HOPE. Scary, unconfirmed hope, but maybe still hope for quadruped Litten3! ;3;

WAIT. GUYS. There is still hope. Just came across the leak that talked about Alola Forms. READ

THERE IS HOPE. Scary, unconfirmed hope, but maybe still hope for quadruped Litten3! ;3;

Feels like this leak piggybacked the other one that mentioned Alola Formes, but I could be wrong.

Also, two different Pokémon wouldn't take up one PokéDex slot, it just doesn't work like that. If previous branch Evos showed up separately, then these would be the same. IMO, it just seems like a cheap work around the fact that we've only seen two Dex slots after the starters. Then again, I thought we were getting Fire Solgaleo so idk

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Veleh9g.png

Mmm, doubt it. The starter's Pokédex screen only shows one final evolution.

Aetius

So the chinese leak was right and honestly I kinda liked the starters' final evos!
As long as Litten' final evo has a Fire/Dark typing, I'll choose him.
It would be a shame to waste such a cool design for another Fire/Fighting starter.....

GDK

Also due to the leaks we know the final typings will be

Grass/Flying
Fire/Dark
Water/Fairy

So pretty much the typings everyone guess

Wasn't the leak stating the typings fake or something?
We have to be careful not to mix everything up.
For now the concept art is confirmed thanks to the girl (as I said it was the key !) but no types are stated in it.
The chinese leak had things right but It didn't state the typings of the starter it just said it was a wresler a mermaid and an archer, nothing more.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
The leaked evos do seem to be the night variant if that also turns out to be true, an archer that silently shoots his arrows in the dark, no explanation needed for litten's evo, and a mermaid because they're usually depicted with some correlation to the moon or something, I don't know but they give off this vibe to me.
There's still hope maybe.

gliscor&yanmega

So they are real(It's hard to ignore Mallow in the concept art). I really would have liked to found out the evolution by playing but oh well.

I'm fine with them all, but I am disappointed with Litten's, mainly because it's bipedal(Plus a decent change of it being Fire/Fighting).

At this point I don't expect to go into the game without knowing pretty much everything, so I'll have to wait and see what other Pokemon are in the game, but I may not end up going with Litten.

No real overall theme to final evolutions this time, which is a shame.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So I guess the leaks were right. I'm actually pretty glad with this outcome, it helps that I thought that Litten's was hilarious to begin with. My condolences to those who dislike them all to the point of straight up boxing them outright. I am however pretty sad that the final forms actually leaked as early as they did.

Perhaps a bit controversial, but I like all three possible final evolutions. I think the archer owl's design is a really nice concept and - for the most part - implementation. I like Litten's evolution (though a quadratic evolution would've been interesting), however it does look very Fire/Fighting-esque, which is unappealing to me considering the prevalence of starters of that type. Also, it looks a bit like Rath from Ben 10, which I'm unsure is a good look. Overall, I'm contented.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Alright, I'll finally talk about the now proven leak. I still stand my decision to choose Litten despite it's final evo disappointing me.

Reasons:
-If I do not catch a fighting type Pokemon, I'll choose it since it's artwork shows it will be one.
-Ice Ninetales being part fairy makes me happy so there's no reason to get fairy Popplio for me.
-Rowlet's evos staying Grass/Flying. Despite it's cool final evo artwork. I hate using Grass types now since I find them only useful against Water/Ground pokemons.

Litten still screams "edgy and awesome" to me. :)

phanpycross

God-king
I want that Rowlet evo all over me.

I dont even like archers mormally, but this design is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo well-executed.

Mclane

they should call the starting town "starter town" and if you want pikachu then you have to go to thunderdome

Status
Not open for further replies.