• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not to mention you could say we already had plenty of blue amphibian pokemon but that didnt stop froakie.

HolyKey

Lore Keeper
In all of its official art work its bipedal too, it's basically never on all fours. Even still though I dont mind typhlosion because it looks like a natural evolution. Litten, fennekin, and tepig dont at all.

That's because earlier Pokemon didn't really have cultural inspirations. I mean, Typhlosion's just a big badger or wolverine. Emboar, on the other hand, is a direct reference to Zhu Bajie from Journey to the West apparently. Delphox is a reference to the Oracle of Delphi, and even Greninja is a reference to Jiraiya. They probably felt they couldn't exemplify those references through the simple 'larger version of previous' style they'd been using.

knightwolf09

Who's to say a quad litten evo couldnt stand out too?

It'd be hard since we just got Pyroar and Solgaleo, so that'd be another quad big cat within such a short span, you know scratch that, we've had regional big cats almost every gen, that's makes it worse, and Litten had a bit of complaints of his base stage for looking like a bland cat.

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
I never understood the whole 2 legs vs 4 legs argument (other than just preference), as long as the design is good I don't care how many legs it has. Considering how many cats we have that are 4 legged, it shouldn't be surprising that Litten's design tried to differentiate itself from the crowd.

Personally, I like the design for the starters, but if they bother you too much you could always transfer a starter that you do like into the game. :meowthbal

The game shouldnt have to want the player to do that even if you can, we should have nice designs and all that for each ideally so we dont have to say F it and go bring in old starters/pokemon to replace them, you know?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It'd be hard since we just got Pyroar and Solgaleo, so that'd be another quad big cat within such a short span, you know scratch that, we've had regional big cats almost every gen, that's makes it worse, and Litten had a bit of complaints of his base stage for looking like a bland cat.

THose complains were really minor and I mean look at the poll, he is the clear second favorite. They could still easily find away to make his design unique.

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
In all of its official art work its bipedal too, it's basically never on all fours. Even still though I dont mind typhlosion because it looks like a natural evolution. Litten, fennekin, and tepig dont at all.

I agree and was gonna say that since Typhlosion's design looks great and badass but Fen and Litten don't and I actually dont mind Emboar, I actually think it looks pretty good actually. Prob better than a possible quad design even.

knightwolf09

The game shouldnt have to want the player to do that even if you can, we should have nice designs and all that for each ideally so we dont have to say F it and go bring in old starters/pokemon to replace them, you know?

But a good and bad design is debatable, not a fact. Saying that you should have nice designs as if you think everyone thinks they're bad is just putting words in their mouths.

THose complains were really minor and I mean look at the poll, he is the clear second favorite. They could still easily find away to make his design unique.

Yeah, on here. Not the entire world.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
But a good and bad design is debatable, not a fact. Saying that you should have nice designs as if you think everyone thinks they're bad is just putting words in their mouths.

He's not saying it's bad to everyone but you have to admit that as a whole more would like it if litten evolved quadopredal.

knightwolf09

He's not saying it's bad to everyone but you have to admit that as a whole more would like it if litten evolved quadopredal.

Others just don't care, that's what I'm trying to get across. Walking on four legs doesn't automatically make it a good design, and that's why I think it's silly and trivial for people to think that's the case.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Others just don't care, that's what I'm trying to get across. Walking on four legs doesn't automatically make it a good design, and that's why I think it's silly and trivial for people to think that's the case.

I'm pretty sure people cared when it came to like tepig. He was also the second most favorite starter, but not after he evolved.

HolyKey

Lore Keeper
I think Rowlet3 should have a signature attack with a base power of, say, 90 but is guaranteed to land as a critical hit. Preferably a Flying-type move that involves him shooting a really precise arrow. Give him Gale Wing or Sniper, and I think he'd be pretty beastly. I could also see it getting Leaf Blade and perhaps learning Acrobatics by level up. It can't not get Brave Bird.

knightwolf09

I'm pretty sure people cared when it came to like tepig. He was also the second most favorite starter, but not after he evolved.

This happens every gen though, so what's the difference? Not one gen have I hear everyone liking every starter (without bias). Not everyone hated Emboar you know.

Orphalesion

But I, of for one like the designs of all the three final starter evolutions and since I know them I have a hard time figuring out which one of them I want to go for, because I like all three of them!

The Glamour Mermaid. The Robin Hood Owl. The Tiger Wrestler. I just LOVE them!

They will never be able to cater to the personal tastes of each and every person. You know there's pokemon games where I didn't like any of the starters (Gen 2, 3 and 5) enough to keep them on my team permanently, I just dropped them and instead caught a pokemon I liked/liked better than them.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well obviously whether the design would be good is subjective, but if it was quadruple then its final evo probably would've had more fans.

knightwolf09

Well obviously whether the design would be good is subjective, but if it was quadruple then its final evo probably would've had more fans.

So you're telling me if Litten would turn into a another Purugly, it would have more fans because it's quad?

Status
Not open for further replies.