• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

The idea of Alolan Forms of previous gen Starters would overly complicate things, especially considering that several gens have been given Mega Evolutions. Alolan Forms would directly affect the Mega Evolution. If anything, I would think Gen II Megas would be the far more likely. Why give a gen of Starters Alolan Forms when so far Megas have been the trend? Alolan Forms are for "normal" (non-Starter) Pokemon that moved to Alola and adapted to the different environments. As far as I'm concerned, the Starter Pokemon are still rare enough that they wouldn't be found just "anywhere".

.Aerodactyl.

The idea of Alolan Forms of previous gen Starters would overly complicate things, especially considering that several gens have been given Mega Evolutions. Alolan Forms would directly affect the Mega Evolution. If anything, I would think Gen II Megas would be the far more likely. Why give a gen of Starters Alolan Forms when so far Megas have been the trend? Alolan Forms are for "normal" (non-Starter) Pokemon that moved to Alola and adapted to the different environments. As far as I'm concerned, the Starter Pokemon are still rare enough that they wouldn't be found just "anywhere".

Oh, too true. Just love the idea is all.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
No Alolan starters... Please...

But honestly receiving the johto bunch as gift ingame would be sweet, these guys need some love.

Picking Rowlett getting Fromantis and then getting a Chikorita would be horrible for most players, but not for me. It would be near perfection in my humble opinion XD, I think I might get Popplio just to try it out, but Fromantis IS going into my party one way or the other.

Seriously I want to run around body slamming stuff with a bayleef XD

Venks

The Alolan Pokemon concept is definitely drawing a lot of attention to Sun and Moon, Megas are a Gen VI thing and I think it'll be downplayed a lot compared to Alolan forms and Z-Moves. That being the case I'm expecting Gen I or Gen II Alolan forms.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Please no Alolan starters. I'd rather prefer them to get Megas (even if the chances of that are pretty slim).

BlitzGirl41

Please no Alolan starters. I'd rather prefer them to get Megas (even if the chances of that are pretty slim).

Same. I may not be a big fan of Mega Evolutions, but it just makes sense to have it done for all the other previous Starters, keep the trend going. Gen II would be interesting to see, if they ever do it. I still see Alolan Forms as a way to make older non-Starters more interesting to people. Though I don't get the thing people keep saying about them being Pokemon that people would "forget about". I haven't forgotten about the original 150. I just have other Pokemon from all gens I prefer using. Alolan Forms will not change that for me.

Aquaslash

I think we will get some starters in post game or friend safari. Maybe Samson Oak gives us second gen starters although that would be weird but it can be possible. I really don't think we will get gen1 starters again.

Yeah, I'd like Gen 2 starters to go with our Gen 7 starters. Popplio and Chikorita ftw!

DSDark

Breeder
http://imgur.com/a/fEoGw

So I created this image from the new Japanese trailer. The image is the attack screen from Litten using a z-move. I was wondering if someone could translate the attacks that Litten know's.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Scratch, Lick, I can't remember what the third one is, and Fire Fang.

The third move is Leer, so nothing to special there. I do find it odd it took us this long to get a cat that uses Lick, though.

Orphalesion

You guys think we will have access to past starters this gen? Like any freebie giveaways or friend safari features? Samson Oak the cousin looks like he'd be a candidate to give us gen 1 starters again, but we just had those also.

Oh man I really hope not, I'm not a big fan of getting Pokemon (especially from older Gens) shoved at me without the possibility to decline them. I always wonder trade the Kanto Starte that gets forced at you in X/Y. If it happens I hope it will at least be the Johto starters. I'll still wonder trade it away, but it would be nice for the Johto ones to get some spotlight/Megas instead of the Kanto onse yet again.
Something like Freind Safar is cool however.

Oh man I really hope not, I'm not a big fan of getting Pokemon (especially from older Gens) shoved at me without the possibility to decline them. I always wonder trade the Kanto Starte that gets forced at you in X/Y. If it happens I hope it will at least be the Johto starters. I'll still wonder trade it away, but it would be nice for the Johto ones to get some spotlight/Megas instead of the Kanto onse yet again.
Something like Freind Safar is cool however.

As you said, you can just dispose of it. Other people like the idea, and people who don't can just box it or something, so it's nice of have the choice.

Also I was reading back a bit and assuming Popplio3 is real, why do people think it's such a big jump? Really, the only unprecedented thing there is its hair and a few pink decals, as well as eyelashes-even its fur colour change is set up during the Popplio stage. And we haven't even seen the mid evos yet.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
As you said, you can just dispose of it. Other people like the idea, and people who don't can just box it or something, so it's nice of have the choice.

Also I was reading back a bit and assuming Popplio3 is real, why do people think it's such a big jump? Really, the only unprecedented thing there is its hair and a few pink decals, as well as eyelashes-even its fur colour change is set up during the Popplio stage. And we haven't even seen the mid evos yet.

Because it goes from being a clown seal to a glamorous mermaid.

Because it goes from being a clown seal to a glamorous mermaid.

It was never been confirmed to be a clown though, that's been fan speculation from day one. Besides its nose and collar it's been much more referential to acrobats due to its poses, which Popplio3 seems to get in on.

Popplio seems to have a general "entertainer" theme in my eyes, definitely more on the acrobatic side than clown. While Popplio3 doesn't really seem like a gymnastic of sorts, it still gives an entertainer vibe with the flashy poses.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It was never been confirmed to be a clown though, that's been fan speculation from day one. Besides its nose and collar it's been much more referential to acrobats due to its poses, which Popplio3 seems to get in on.

The ring it wears around its neck is the exact same as ones that clowns have. When you combine that with the official art of the acrobat stuff and the bubbles it made him seem like a clown/circus performer.

The ring it wears around its neck is the exact same as ones that clowns have. When you combine that with the official art of the acrobat stuff and the bubbles it made him seem like a clown/circus performer.

Who said that was intentional though? It could easily of been loose skin for a selkie theme or setting up Popplio3's frills or even just be there because it'd look plain without it. Also, iirc, other performers wear similar collars.

Also, acrobatics = acrobat, not clown. Same with the bubbles, which are Popplio's 'props' for its acrobatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.