• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

I don't like the hood and glasses too much either but compared to litten evo' steroid muscles and balloon hands it looks great.

I disagree, I like the evil cat man. I don't like him as much as Pop3, the glamour queen, but more than the owl.

Relax

It would be quite funny if those leaked starter evos turned out to be fake because mostly everyone, after Mallow reveal, assume these are our final evos( myself included).
If these are true then i will beover the moon( pun not intended) Rowlett3 is so awesome with archer theme with flying typing this is a no brainer for me who i will pick as my starter ;) depending on the moveset this actually might be my second favourite final grass evo( sceptile is obvs no 1 and no pokemon will ever dethrone it i dont think ;)
Litten final evo is alright i would prefer it to stay quadrupedal and be more sleak in design but this design is not bad. But i swear to god if this turns out to be part fighting i will never use this thing , still hoping it will get dark as secondary.
Poplio3 is the biggest suprise for me. I was not expecting goofy little sea lio to go this route. To be honest i hated this design when i first saw it but it grew on me. Its very majestic looking and it's a nice change from generally masculine looking starters.

Hahaha that would be so crazy if the leak turns out to be fake( even though it is very unlikely) but still funny to think about it. I really hope we will get the middle evo's soon so we can see if the ''big jump'' isn't that big after all.

J.J. Knight

It would be quite funny if those leaked starter evos turned out to be fake because mostly everyone, after Mallow reveal, assume these are our final evos( myself included).

It's very possible that the designs could have changed since the Chinese Leak. They are concept art, after all. Hell, Gamefreak could have leaked it themselves as a peer review to see which Pokemon people like. Most people like the Rowlett and Popplio evolutions, and it seems split on Littens. Mallow being in the concept art for the Litten Evo cements the leak as genuine, at least at the time.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I would love if those turn out to not be the real deal. Not because I dislike them, I don't, but because I dislike the idea of them being revealed so early (I was actually hoping I could avoid the final evolution spoilers this time).

I can't see it happening, though.

It's very possible that the designs could have changed since the Chinese Leak. They are concept art, after all. Hell, Gamefreak could have leaked it themselves as a peer review to see which Pokemon people like. Most people like the Rowlett and Popplio evolutions, and it seems split on Littens. Mallow being in the concept art for the Litten Evo cements the leak as genuine, at least at the time.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but no. They wouldn't leave implementation of the final starter evos so late, and those concepts seem pretty near final. If they were ever designs created by GF, they'll most likely be the, or near the, final product.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel

I think it is very unlikely the designs are concept art. Compare them to actual concept art like beta Torchic. These have attributes like behaviors and expressions. They look too detailed to not be finalized.

Rowlet

Pokemon take far to long to create/design for them to just be able to change and or create new ones on the fly. The starters themselves usually take 6 months to a year to get designed and finalized.

Then you have to take into consideration all the 3D modeling it takes and so on. It's a lot of hard work and the starters as well as all the other Pokemon have been done before we even knew of the titles.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
In addition to what everyone else said, I must point out that the Chinese leaker wasn't the one to (originally) leak the starter concepts. That was some guy on 4Chan, while the Chinese leak came out later and just mentions them.

Julia Artemis

Pokemon take far to long to create/design for them to just be able to change and or create new ones on the fly. The starters themselves usually take 6 months to a year to get designed and finalized.

Then you have to take into consideration all the 3D modeling it takes and so on. It's a lot of hard work and the starters as well as all the other Pokemon have been done before we even knew of the titles.

Yeah it's not like the situation with the Gold and Silver starters, the only known case of that happening. Those were very early in development and the art we got for them was extremely rough. Face it guys this is most likely real or one of the best forgery jobs ever. Mallow makes this seem unlikely to be fake. And as many have said this feels like more this is artwork for the anime not the games. Also I don't get this insistence to not want these. I get it most people are upset about Litten's evo and I guess Popolio, but that doesn't mean there's any credible evidence they aren't real. In fact there is more evidence for them to be legit.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Every month there is someone who claims to have a hunch or theory that we will get starter Evos. Just don't get your hopes up, we might be pleasantly surprised, we might not.

The starters evos have always been revealed prerelease.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
It's pretty much confirmed that Rowlet is going to be grass/flying. Either that or they'll pull some grass/psychic thing which I doubt. Litten? From the information we received, it keeps its feelings inside. Sounds like fire/dark. But Popplio... I have no idea. Water/Ice? Water/Fairy? I have no idea.

These are my thoughts. Anyone else differ?

It's pretty much confirmed that Rowlet is going to be grass/flying. Either that or they'll pull some grass/psychic thing which I doubt. Litten? From the information we received, it keeps its feelings inside. Sounds like fire/dark. But Popplio... I have no idea. Water/Ice? Water/Fairy? I have no idea.

These are my thoughts. Anyone else differ?

Well, if we're going by the supposed leaked evos:

Rowlet is looking to stay Grass/Flying, Litten becomes a heel wrestler and thus Fire/Dark, Popplio becomes a mermaid/selkie/siren and looks to be Water/Fairy

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 65

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Well, if we're going by the supposed leaked evos:

Rowlet is looking to stay Grass/Flying, Litten becomes a heel wrestler and thus Fire/Dark, Popplio becomes a mermaid/selkie/siren and looks to be Water/Fairy

But no leak with real validity has stated their typings, Litten3 could just as easily be Fire/Fighting unfortunately.

But no leak with real validity has stated their typings, Litten3 could just as easily be Fire/Fighting unfortunately.

Left out a 'looking to be' before that typing :s

It is a dirty fighter though from the looks of things, and our only other dirty fighting Fighting types are Dark-Typed.

Orphalesion

True that :-/ Man they really seem to be more conservative with the typings again this generation... I really hope Popplio becomes Water/Fairy though...

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Well we should see the middle stages either this month, or next month. And that should put all this to rest.

We still should have 2 more trailers this month, so I could see it happening this month. But they are normally introduced a month prior, so next month is probably more likely.

True that :-/ Man they really seem to be more conservative with the typings again this generation... I really hope Popplio becomes Water/Fairy though...

Not really. The regional bug is very different, Pikipek may be (if the Steel theory is correct it's a no brainer why its first form isn't Steel), we've had an ton of Mega/Legend only types on New Pokémon and Alola Forms, and a few Pokémon even have types we haven't seen in a while or just rare types. Heck, even the legends are more 'original' than Xerneas and Yveltal's types.

And we only have one line for Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy, and two lines for Grass/Flying.

But more on topic, I know this keeps on popping up, but what's people's opinions on possible Johto starter distribution now we know a lot more about the game? Not 'I don't like the possibility because apparently I forgot I can box things and apparently other people's game choices affect me for some reason', but actual thoughts on possibility. To be honest the loose Gen II parallels and Japanese themed town make me think it's a tangible possibility, especially with the very low chance of us seeing Johto anytime soon, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see them in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.