• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre_King

Not really. The regional bug is very different, Pikipek may be (if the Steel theory is correct it's a no brainer why its first form isn't Steel), we've had an ton of Mega/Legend only types on New Pokémon and Alola Forms, and a few Pokémon even have types we haven't seen in a while or just rare types. Heck, even the legends are more 'original' than Xerneas and Yveltal's types.

And we only have one line for Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy, and two lines for Grass/Flying.

But more on topic, I know this keeps on popping up, but what's people's opinions on possible Johto starter distribution now we know a lot more about the game? Not 'I don't like the possibility because apparently I forgot I can box things and apparently other people's game choices affect me for some reason', but actual thoughts on possibility. To be honest the loose Gen II parallels and Japanese themed town make me think it's a tangible possibility, especially with the very low chance of us seeing Johto anytime soon, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see them in game.

I can see the Gen 2 starters being released. Now my twist would be the Gen 2 starters getting Alolan Forms. The Gen 1 starters helped promote mega evolution, but I can see a twist occurring with the Gen 2 starters receiving Alolan forms. Seeming that out of all the starters the Gen 2 starter were the only ones that each starter was a single type so I can see them each earning a dual type which would be grass/fairy, fire/rock, water,fighting.

I can see the Gen 2 starters being released. Now my twist would be the Gen 2 starters getting Alolan Forms. The Gen 1 starters helped promote mega evolution, but I can see a twist occurring with the Gen 2 starters receiving Alolan forms. Seeming that out of all the starters the Gen 2 starter were the only ones that each starter was a single type so I can see them each earning a dual type which would be grass/fairy, fire/rock, water,fighting.

Part of me likes the idea of them getting Alola Forms, but it leaves them with a huge power gap when compared to the other starters and their Megas.

Julia Artemis

I'd prefer getting 4th gen Alolan form starters, but that's just me. Either would be pretty cool. I just feel 4th gen needs more help in terms of making them usable, apart from Infernape

I'd prefer getting 4th gen Alolan form starters, but that's just me. Either would be pretty cool. I just feel 4th gen needs more help in terms of making them usable, apart from Infernape

We do have Gen IV remakes due sometime in the future, so I'm personally doubting even their Base forms showing up in SuMo.

Julia Artemis

We do have Gen IV remakes due sometime in the future, so I'm personally doubting even their Base forms showing up in SuMo.

Perhaps. I just feel they need more help than the 2nd generation starters. Though I won't object for them to give me a reason to use Cyndaquil again. I hope they don't just give them dual typings and instead do a radical reimagining of them. More like Vulpix, Marrowak and Sandshrew and less obvious changes like Rattata and Meowth

Dragon Pulse

If anything, I'd like to see Grass/Psychic for Chikorita's line because of the caring and soothing personality, as well as it being the "Herb Pokémon" and learning several Psychic-type moves. Cyndaquil's line should be Fire/Ground, considering that Typhlosion is the "Volcano Pokémon" and constantly erupts. It'd just fit well. For Totodile's line, I'd want to see Water/Dragon for it. Feraligatr being a reptilian Pokémon is fitting, and Mega Charizard X and Mega Sceptile became Dragon-types, so Feraligatr could finish that triangle as it is part Water-type.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~

Love the idea. I'm still thinking of Alola as a parallel to Johto because of some theory that Kalos is similar to Kanto and Alola is following up Kalos blahblah and this would be a great way to support that. But if they really would give the Gen 2 starters Alolan Forms, then I'd like to see them go all out and make a Fire Totodile, Water Chikorita and Grass Cyndaquil. Or something else, as long as it isn't merely adding a dual type.

Honestly though. Fire Totodile would be so cool. Fire/Dragon Feraligatr anyone?

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
My expectations aren't too high for the middle evolution's simply because they usually end up awkward. However, they're the make or break as to whether the leaked final evolution are real...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
The starters evos have always been revealed prerelease.

Nope. Gens 3 and 4 never revealed their Starter Evos during pre-release.

Also, it's worth noting that Gen 5's Starter Mid-Evos were (officially) revealed just one day before the games dropped. And yes, as everyone likes to point out, last Gen they were revealed a month before launch. All in all, there is no hard-fast rule for if/when Starter Evos will be revealed.

Sabre_King

If anything, I'd like to see Grass/Psychic for Chikorita's line because of the caring and soothing personality, as well as it being the "Herb Pokémon" and learning several Psychic-type moves. Cyndaquil's line should be Fire/Ground, considering that Typhlosion is the "Volcano Pokémon" and constantly erupts. It'd just fit well. For Totodile's line, I'd want to see Water/Dragon for it. Feraligatr being a reptilian Pokémon is fitting, and Mega Charizard X and Mega Sceptile became Dragon-types, so Feraligatr could finish that triangle as it is part Water-type.

Those combinations would also work well. I was just spit balling for the chikorita line cause didn't want to say ground or poison, but fairy or psychic would work well. Typlosion I was torn between ground or rock, but either or would be fine with me. Feraligatr could definitely become water/dragon, either fighting or dragon will work. I just hope they get Alolan forms or even better, get mega forms with those added typings.

Orphalesion

Nope. Gens 3 and 4 never revealed their Starter Evos during pre-release.

Don't know about Gen 4, that was square in my "Pokemon are for little kids" phase, but from a Western point of view you could find the Evolutions of the Gen 3 starters, and the whole Gen 3 Pokedex, long, long before the games were released in Western countries, due to Japan getting them first.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Don't know about Gen 4, that was square in my "Pokemon are for little kids" phase, but from a Western point of view you could find the Evolutions of the Gen 3 starters, and the whole Gen 3 Pokedex, long, long before the games were released in Western countries, due to Japan getting them first.

Yes, but I was talking about the Japanese pre-release. If I was talking about the international pre-release, then we'd have always seen the Starter Evos ahead of time several months in advance :p I'm just talking about the reveal of Starter Evos in relation to the initial release of a new Gen.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Surely they will reveal their evolutions.

On another thought, I still don't believe those art pieces with mallow in it to be the actual pokemon.
I think the starters will be the typing found on the website files. I know its possible it was just "junk" information that was not revelant, but after seeing Type: Null... i feel more positive about the website "junk"

I mean if Null was created by the starters and rockruff, it would be the evolutions I would think.
The fin looks like a fin that would be on a fighting/water type pokemon. A fin that is out of the way but still usable.
The body is black with purple markings, on the site, it said Fire/Ground for litten
and we know rowlet's part in this, the front feet.

Someone also made a point that alchemically (as the game theme) litten would be sulfur, which happens to be a ground material. poplio is mercury rockruff is lead and rowlet is salt.

.twist.

EDIT!!!

THE SULFUR SYMBOL IS ON LITTEN'S HEAD.

100px-Alchemy_Sulfur_Symbol_used_by_Satanists.gif

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

On another thought, I still don't believe those art pieces with mallow in it to be the actual pokemon.
I think the starters will be the typing found on the website files. I know its possible it was just "junk" information that was not revelant, but after seeing Type: Null... i feel more positive about the website "junk"

I mean if Null was created by the starters and rockruff, it would be the evolutions I would think.
The fin looks like a fin that would be on a fighting/water type pokemon. A fin that is out of the way but still usable.
The body is black with purple markings, on the site, it said Fire/Ground for litten

Someone also made a point that alchemically (as the game theme) litten would be sulfur, which happens to be a ground material. poplio is mercury rockruff is lead and rowlet is salt.

.twist.

EDIT!!!

View attachment 16030
The problem with this is that the "Type: Null being made up of the starters and Rockruff" is a theory at best. It doesn't even seem to have any Rockruff parts.

And besides, Mallow rules over all.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
The problem with this is that the "Type: Null being made up of the starters and Rockruff" is a theory at best. It doesn't even seem to have any Rockruff parts.

And besides, Mallow rules over all.

it would be the evolution of rockruff. i only mentioned null because there aer people who believe that he may have been created by the starters and rockruff.

however if he is not, we still have the alchemy and website digging icons.... not to mention the symbol of sulfur on litten's head. shrugs. i only bothered mentioning it on here today because of Wednesday announcements coming up.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

.twist.

EDIT!!!

View attachment 16030

So did someone go into the future and see mallow's design and make a fake leak? Or just guess mallow's exact design?

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
So did someone go into the future and see mallow's design and make a fake leak? Or just guess mallow's exact design?

Perhaps let's not get into this discussion yet again. I think this person is new to the discussion and is referencing the alchemy theme that was popular a while ago. It may contradict the leaks but it is still a relevant theory and there shouldn't be a problem exploring this.

On another note, what colours would people like the shiny forms of the starters to be?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
EDIT!!!

View attachment 16030

You are really late to the party on that one. The Litten/Sulfur connection was made the day the Starters were revealed. And, as has been said before and as will be said again, the

GREAT MALLOW INCIDENT

has pretty proved the Starter art is real.

Also, in response to your sig, the Starter Evo and Rockruff Evo types are leaning towards these:

Rowlet Hood: Grass/Flying
Liften: Fire/Dark
Poppliovely: Water/Fairy
Rockruff2: Rock/Ghost

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Call it Mallowgate, it rolls the tongue better.

Status
Not open for further replies.