• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Thunder Tiger

I'm going to assume that the leaked final evos are actually the night forms....the stealthy night owl, the dark wrestler, the mermaid being fairy type (associated with the moon in Pokemon)...the day forms should be interesting and this does give the chance for a four-legged tiger...I'm predicting grass/ground palm tree shaman/ witch doctor owl, fire/? Four legged tiger, and maybe a water/ fighting "strong man" sea lion...

I know I have been championing things like Fire/Ground litten evos, but I think I will be changing that. As such, my guesses will be the following:

Night Forms:
1. Rowlet Final Evo - Grass/Flying
2. Popplio Final Evo - Water/Falry
3. Litten Final Evo - Fire/Dark

Day Forms:
1. Rowlet Final Evo - Grass/Ground
2. Popplio Final Evo - Water/Fighting
3. Litten Final Evo - Fire/Steel

Steel type is often associated with Light, seeing as Stars have metals in them, even though its not much. Metals are also found in Lava, so Litten could become lava themed in a possible Day Form.

That is, of course, if the starters have the same evolutionary gimmick as Rockruff.

john90

Imo there will be no split evolution for the starters. The chinese leak said the starters will evolve into an archer, a wrestler and a mermaid and we have those. Have you noticed that all other leaks who talk about split evolution for the starters never describe the supposed other form, while a lot of leaks talked about Rockruff split evolution to be a werewolf? A werewolf is a werewolf only during full moon, so it implies a day form. I don't think this is the secret the four share.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
PSA: If it turns out there aren't split day/night forms for the fully evolved starters, don't get angry. It's all too common for people to get angry about stuff they decided in their head and then it doesn't come to pass and we get "I CAN'T BELIEVE GAMEFREAK LIED TO US!"

B. Thunder Tiger

Imo there will be no split evolution for the starters. The chinese leak said the starters will evolve into an archer, a wrestler and a mermaid and we have those. Have you noticed that all other leaks who talk about split evolution for the starters never describe the supposed other form, while a lot of leaks talked about Rockruff split evolution to be a werewolf? A werewolf is a werewolf only during full moon, so it implies a day form. I don't think this is the secret the four share.

Its actually fairly resasonable to think that this could be the secret of the Starters. After all, Sun and Moon just confirmed and introduced a Day and Night time system based on your 3DS internal clock, and that different things happen in different times, such as having different Totem Pokémon appearing depending on the time of day. Now whether its confirmed that the starters have these speculated Evo-like forms is still up in the air. Also Rockruff's Evo is very likely permanent, not a Forme change. Otherwise, CoroCoro would have said it differently.

PSA: If it turns out there aren't split day/night forms for the fully evolved starters, don't get angry. It's all too common for people to get angry about stuff they decided in their head and then it doesn't come to pass and we get "I CAN'T BELIEVE GAMEFREAK LIED TO US!"

First off, the whole Forms thing is still speculation at best, but has become pretty strong with Rockruff's Evo Forme gimmick. Secondly, seeing this is only speculation, no one would be raging out if they were reasonable enough to do so. The only ones that would be raging out would be fools already thinking and confirming there's going to be different evo Forms based on Rockruff's gimmick.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

The chinese leak also said that rockruff will evolve into a werewolf and that's it. It didn't say it would have two possible evo forms or anything like that and didn't mention its "normal" evo for the day. So it's also possible it just didn't mention the other ones for the starters.

john90

The chinese leak also said that rockruff will evolve into a werewolf and that's it. It didn't say it would have two possible evo forms or anything like that and didn't mention its "normal" evo for the day. So it's also possible it just didn't mention the other ones for the starters.

A werewolf is a creature that on night becomes another creature. That's what Rockruff evolution is, a creature that changes form depending on night/day.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
A werewolf is a creature that on night becomes another creature. That's what Rockruff evolution is, a creature that changes form depending on night/day.

Except you are just assuming that it can constantly change for at night and day when we don't even know that.

john90

Except you are just assuming that it can constantly change for at night and day when we don't even know that.

That's what I think, cause It would make sense to create hype on something we have never had and not for some Espeon/Umbreon clones. Also the only realiable leaker said Rockruff would have evolved into a werewolf not that it would have had a split evolution. So imo this points to form change based on time, with type change too, which is something we have never had.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
That's what I think, cause It would make sense to create hype on something we have never had and not for some Espeon/Umbreon clones. Also the only realiable leaker said Rockruff would have evolved into a werewolf not that it would have had a split evolution. So imo this points to form change based on time, with type change too, which is something we have never had.

But remember what it's description on the site says.

If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.

That definitely implies that it won't be a thing where it can change back and forth. It says it evolves when moon comes up.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
They never created any hype regarding Rockruff's evolution itself. If fans were hyped is because they like Rockruff, not because GF was hyping it.

What was "hyped" though is its connection with the starters. And if the connection turn out to be the "different forme evolutions", the hype will be justified because even though Umbreon/Espeon are out there, having this for starters is a big thing.

john90

But remember what it's description on the site says.

That definitely implies that it won't be a thing where it can change back and forth. It says it evolves when moon comes up.

Yet that means nothing actually cause it would implie that it can only evolve on night. That's simply a hint on the fact that it will leave the trainer when ready to evolve and they choose night form as an example

They never created any hype regarding Rockruff's evolution itself. If fans were hyped is because they like Rockruff, not because GF was hyping it.

What was "hyped" though is its connection with the starters. And if the connection turn out to be the "different forme evolutions", the hype will be justified because even though Umbreon/Espeon are out there, having this for starters is a big thing.

Corocoro last month said that this month issue would have revealed Rockruff secret evolution...
Eevee discovered that 15 years ago, you know, not really a secret.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yet that means nothing actually cause it would implie that it can only evolve on night. That's simply a hint on the fact that it will leave the trainer when ready to evolve and they choose night form as an example

It's not saying it can only evolve at night, but it's saying it starts howling and evolves when the moon comes out. Basically meaning that it will evolve into the night form. If it said that at night it transforms it would be different. When something evolves in pokemon, that's it, it's evolved.

john90

It's not saying it can only evolve at night, but it's saying it starts howling and evolves when the moon comes out. Basically meaning that it will evolve into the night form. If it said that at night it transforms it would be different. When something evolves in pokemon, that's it, it's evolved.

Imo the site only talks about its evolution and the connection with his trainer. When is ready to evolve at sunset then it will wait for the moon, cause day form happens on full sun only probably. It evolves howling at the moon or at the sun, this doesn't not prevent him from changing form, cause we are talking about changing form, not evolving again...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Okay, well let's wait until the trailer since that will most likely clarify exactly what this is, then we can determine it.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Corocoro last month said that this month issue would have revealed Rockruff secret evolution...
Eevee discovered that 15 years ago, you know, not really a secret.

Yea, but you didn't know what the evolution was until now, so it was a secret.

Relax

Yea, but you didn't know what the evolution was until now, so it was a secret.

Exactly, I think it is a great secret for rockruff! Kind of like the new ''dog'' eevee, but I wonder is this the ''secret'' all the starters share with the rockruff? It seems very likely now or atleast possible.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm thinking the renewed interest in split forms for the starters is not due to the leaks that talk about it but due to how Rockruff is supposed to share a secret with the starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.