1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Starter Discussion & Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by CrusherTheFeraligatr, Feb 26, 2016.

?

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

1. Rowlet

467 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. Litten

343 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Popplio

270 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse Well-Known Member

If the starters do get Day and Night forms, I am hoping Rowlet's other final form is better than the one we currently know about because it does not appeal to me at all.

2. Blaze990

Blaze990 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it has already been stated... but in the past they stated that the starters and rockruff share a secret... can I get my hopes up for split evolution/day/night forms for the starters as well?

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you starin' at?"

That's basically the gist of it. Connecting Rockruff's secret with the starters spells that out.

4. Anthea

Anthea Well-Known Member

Yes I think so.

The other starters are getting Megas, even alternate Megas. No one wants to wait three or more generations until poplio and litten get Megas, so why not just give these starters their "extra evolution" in this game?

5. LockFelino

LockFelino Sparkling Noodleboi

I don't personally see it myself, but regardless of your views on this I would say that it's always good to keep your hopes low. It saves people complaining on the off chance there isn't split starter forms, and ultimately saves others the headache.

6. Blaze990

Blaze990 Well-Known Member

I really hope so! Since I'm not a fan of the currently leaked Litten and Poplio evolutions :/

True... just be happy with what we get! ^-^

7. Inoshi

Inoshi Pokemon Lover

Same here. I would have preferred q "bigger" version of rowlet in all honestly. However it's design doesn't bother me much, something I cannot say about popplio3.

8. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I still think split evos for starters seem a bit gimmicky.

9. Robotnikthedrap

Robotnikthedrap Well-Known Member

It was not confirmed; in reality, their "secrets" could be entirely different to rockruff's. Remember, the "leak" which mentioned Rockruff getting 2 evolution designs WAS NOT the same rumor which suggested that the starters would be getting divergent forms as well; 2 separate leaks, and the leak which is now correct with Rockruff deoes not mention the starters having split evolutions (The Chinese leak, I believe). The "split evo leak", once again, has gotten nothing "correct" as of yet, only vaguely hinting at alolan forms.

The "split evo leak" claimed that Rockruff would have 4 evolutions, depending upon which island it evolved, and is hence incorrect. The corocoro quote stated that "Rockruff has a secret inside it's body. The starter pokemon have their own secrets, too!" In other words, there may not even be a correlation.

Edit from beyond: Having said all of that, though; the day/night forms for starters aren't completely farfetched; it's just that there is nothing even hinting at them at the moment, other than the "anything could happen" happenstance.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  10. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

Well my hope for fusion evolution is gone but day/night forms looks very possible now, although rockruff's split-evo's look very similar with just a few colour changes.

11. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

You have to admit thought the chances are a lot more likely. It's not confirmed, but they said rockruff has a secret and the starters do too. If this is the secret for rockruff it might be similar for the starters.

12. shadowF

shadowF Well-Known Member

Do you guys think that if we do get split forms for the starters then they will be version exclusive? like only the day forms of the starters fro sun and vice versa? as well do you guys think the starter leaks are day or night forms?

13. Robotnikthedrap

Robotnikthedrap Well-Known Member

I'll admit that day/night split forms, if that accurately describes Rockruff's evolution, are indeed a possibility for the starters, Yuoke. However, seeing as how there is no guaranteed correlation between the "secrets" that the starters are supposed to have, and the secret that Rockruff now is confirmed to possess, I find it far too early to arrive at such a hasty conclusion, my friend. :) As I have reciprocated repeatedly, the Chinese leak and the split starter leak share little in the way of common information, and are wholly separate in their conclusions. The "split evo leak" is in fact now proven incorrect because of this reveal, as I have above noted.

Impossible? Of course not; but with all of the new features introduced in this seventh generation, the "starter secret" could very well be something new. At any rate, besides speculation, there's really nothing concrete to suggest otherwise. You know how careful I like to be when it comes to these "rumor sheets" that we've been analyzing all of these long months. I've never trusted the "split evo leak", I've seen nothing which persuades me to do so legitimately, and I'll continue to scutinize it until it proves correct on something.

That is the litmus for trusting leaked information: it's accuracy.

14. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I will officially change my starter choice to Popplio if its 'Night' form (if that is indeed the connection they share with Rockruff) is that demonic looking Clown from way back lol. Though, to be honest, even that other litten evo looked pretty cool since it was this bulky-looking Panther that actually remained a quadruped.

To be honest though, the Litten3 we're pretty much accepting as fact looks more like a were-form than a natural one; the thing looks like like the crazy cat beast from the Batman episode Tyger, Tyger.

Fair reasoning, but just for the heck of it, why not try and narrow down the possibilities?

It's confirmed that Rockruff and Starters share something, yes? Here's everything now known about Rockruff, no matter how basic:
    * Its a Pokemon (apparently thats not a given anymore lol)
    * Rock Type
    * It evolves
    * It either has 2 separate, distinct Evolutions or changes form depending on time
    * Its a Wolf/Werewolf

Now, looking at that list of what we know, there's only so many conclusions we can make:
    * Its a pokemon We know the starters are pokemon; not really a secret
    * Rock Type Its possible that one of the starters can gain that type, but its highly unlikely the shared similarity is that they're all part Rock
    * It evolves Again, all starters evolve, so that doesnt really call for fanfare
    * It either has 2 separate, distinct Evolutions or changes form depending on time This would be a brand new step for starters and fairly big news; whether it simply changes at night or has an entirely different evolution thats time dependent, it would be a brand new concept for starters and it fits in line with the theme of splitting occurrences between night and day for this game
    * its a Wolf/Werewolf Well, we know right off the bat that none of the starters are wolves. If they end up having a night form, then I guess they can technically be a were-owl, were-panther, and were-seal

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  15. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

All three evolutions from the concept art just seem like they might be alternate forms.

16. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I started to think that too when I considered Litten3. That thing looks like its a werecat of some kind.

yeah, but I just find the idea of that clown pokemon so frighteningly hilarious that I want it to be real lol

17. BlitzGirl41

BlitzGirl41 Well-Known Member

If the starters do get day/night forms (since they said that Rockruff and starters share a "secret", and now it seems that Rockruff's "secret" has been revealed), I desperately hope that Rowlett's night form is awesome since I am getting Moon.

18. Relax

Relax Well-Known Member

Yea I am thinking the same, maybe in the next news patch they will clear it up a bit. Although I don't expect them giving the middle evo's (who also can have day/night evolutions) for the starters.

19. BlitzGirl41

BlitzGirl41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the final evolution stage would make the most sense, make it easier to manage. We still have time to learn more.

20. Relax

Relax Well-Known Member

Yea that is most likely, but that means we don't get to see their ''day and night'' evolution's any soon if they even have one. The hype is real tho!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.